Page 61 of 67 FirstFirst ... 5657585960616263646566 ... LastLast

another comparison from another sitehttp://www.pcworld.com/reviews/product/464680/review/droid_incredible.htmllooks like cs got a steal here guys... C Spire/Cellular South forum

garblicks no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

another comparison from another sitehttp://www.pcworld.com/reviews/product/464680/review/droid_incredible.htmllooks like cs got a steal here guys

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Hey garb... I had come to the same conclusion from all the articles I've read on each, and reading the comparisons... the internals are pretty much the same, and in my opinion, the Desire has a much more pleasing and elegant form factor than the Incredible...
    I will definitely be taking a look at it when we get it!

a rebranded cdma desire is what i keep reading. i bet my incredible (cs) is better than yours (verizon) and maybe cheaper lol

another good read let me know if im overloading u guyshttp://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/hiner/?p=4102

another fyi the desire is due out sometimes in aug. i bet verizon is not happy about it. cs is creeping up there on them with these phones.

Combine these nice phones with the price of CS's unlimited smartphone plan, and there may be more converts... the price and coverage is what made me change to CS

dirtpan no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by 0thundr0 View Post
    So this Android rooting and roming seems to be an ongoing learning process. Maybe someone could answer a question for me. I was running the Bittersweet Rom when I went to Disney a couple weeks ago. Had no data all week. Sucked! I see today where the Bittersweet Rom is fixing to be updated, and Kyle stated "I got a PRL file for the 10004 PRL for Cellular South!" What is the significance of the PRL file, and how would you use it if you had it?
    I have found that while roaming, if you do a ##3282#, choose EDIT, and then choose the second option "EVDO". Change that to CDMA only. This will reboot your phone. It will connect then at 1X. It is a bit slower, put is a LOT more consistent and stable connection. Stable enough for email and Weatherbug to update. Neither are happening consistently with this setting at "AUTOMATIC" when I'm out of state.

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by garblicks View Post
    a rebranded cdma desire is what i keep reading. i bet my incredible (cs) is better than yours (verizon) and maybe cheaper lol
    They are basically the same (and the nexus one). A few MINOR differences. Cam, sound canceling mic, ect. These vary across the phones.

Not much difference though.
    I would personally put them all on the same level.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

rod1906 no está en línea Stack level 3
    From looking @ Youtube videos of the HTC Desire with Sense & 2.1 makes me really want one. I thought I wanted the Motorola Milestone/Droid, but the Desire is even more streamlined. Plus with the eventual update of 2.2 will make it even better. What I'm wondering about the Motorola, is if it gets 2.2 will it go slower as opposed to the Snapdragon 1ghz processor? I guess either/or I can't go wrong.

the milestone can handle the 2.2 update no problem. matter fact some people running it now with no problem rooted

anotherhttp://tech.icrontic.com/articles/big-beautiful-brawny-htc-desire-review/ goodie

garb, after reading all these reviews, what do you think? Are getting swayed towards the Desire at all?

0thundr0 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpan View Post
    I have found that while roaming, if you do a ##3282#, choose EDIT, and then choose the second option "EVDO". Change that to CDMA only. This will reboot your phone. It will connect then at 1X. It is a bit slower, put is a LOT more consistent and stable connection. Stable enough for email and Weatherbug to update. Neither are happening consistently with this setting at "AUTOMATIC" when I'm out of state.
    Yea, I have to do this when I visit my in-laws in Wesson, MS. Their Blackberry's get great service. Our Hero's barely get service. And they constantly flip from No Dats, to Ev, to 1x. It sucks. I found that by doing the ##3282# trick doesn't do much for the lack of signal, but it definately holds data better. Really, really looking forward to an official 2.1 soon.

no jb. but I must I'm impressed with the desire. what I did before was look at specs and such but yesterday I went beyond youtube and took the time to read articles. with the milestone getting the 2.2 update as well I'm leaning milestone. but the desire definitely has my attention. I just tried to give u guys a example of how thoroughly go thru the process of researching

ajohnymous no está en línea Stack level 2