Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 5152535455565758596061 ... LastLast

I'm going to have both also.....perks of the job!... C Spire/Cellular South forum

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

I'm going to have both also.....perks of the job!
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

garblicks no está en línea Stack level 4
    Lol. I mite have to come to gp and get a discount
    Last edited by garblicks; 06-16-2010 at 09:45 PM.

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4

Got my email from Cellsouth...

Announcing the HTC Desire... garb, there's a picture of it in there, in case you didn't get the email... but they do say "Device color may vary". If I remember correctly, the Desire is available in dark gray, silver, and black.
    Last edited by jbreakfield; 06-16-2010 at 10:45 PM.

cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    $29.99 for a refurb mini 10 with 2 year agement and 20% off plan price. So i was thinking it might be a good deal?

Thoughts on that?

Hey cyberwaste, check your PM...

mclovin07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Pm we now know the desire is next in line for cs but can you give us a clue on how many more to expect this year or a clue on what they could be or the specs. Ido understand that you cant say certain things so any info you can give is much appreciated. Anyone else is free to answer as well!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cyberwaste View Post
    $29.99 for a refurb mini 10 with 2 year agement and 20% off plan price. So i was thinking it might be a good deal?

Thoughts on that?
    That 20% off plan price deal is a good one, and the Dell mini is a nice netbook. You'll probably want to get a 6 cell battery, if it doesn't come with one. That will give you several more hours of battery life, which is one of the points of having a netbook, not having to be plugged in all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    Announcing the HTC Desire... garb, there's a picture of it in there, in case you didn't get the email... but they do say "Device color may vary". If I remember correctly, the Desire is available in dark gray, silver, and black.
    I finally saw it this morning I looks sleek.

Quote Originally Posted by garblicks View Post
    I finally saw it this morning I looks sleek.
    Yes, definitely looks very sleek... I'll definitely take a look at it when they're available.

I've also been reading several articles about Google, and how now that the Android OS is at a relatively stable point, they're starting to address the fragmentation issues, and also talking about refining the UI, so that manufacturers won't need/want to modify the UI so much... all this in an effort to get updates to the end user in a more timely manner. Sounds like all moves in the right direction...

2.2 is suppose to be the update that streamlines the process we shall see

silverhorn no está en línea Stack level 3
    This thread has been very informative but also makes me have more doubt about which phone to choose. (even though there are none yet to choose from.) I know I want android but everyone here is so far ahead of me technologically. I thought the UI sense on HTC would be great but I here everyone talking about how much it slows the phone and then the issue of slow updates. Was almost sold on the Galaxy but then I start hearing the same problems. Sooo confused.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhorn View Post
    This thread has been very informative but also makes me have more doubt about which phone to choose. (even though there are none yet to choose from.) I know I want android but everyone here is so far ahead of me technologically. I thought the UI sense on HTC would be great but I here everyone talking about how much it slows the phone and then the issue of slow updates. Was almost sold on the Galaxy but then I start hearing the same problems. Sooo confused.
    Yeah, it's understandably confusing, especially if you're new to it. I don't have as big a problem with the Sense UI as some do, and I do like some of the features. I'm not thrilled with the slow updates, though. As far as it slowing down the phone, I don't think that will be a problem on something like the Desire... the Hero just doesn't have the hardware, at least that's how it seems to me. The Galaxy definitely doesn't seem to have any issues with the interface being slow on the phone, but it does have a custom UI, so my guess is updates would be slower on it as well. With Google trying to address the problem of slow updates, we can keep our fingers crossed that they will be able to address it sooner rather than later.

I would suggest that when the new models come out, go play with them, see how they feel to you and how they will work for what you'll use them for. Pick one to use for a few days, and if you don't like it, trade it for another. Updates aside, I doubt you can go wrong with one of the new ones that have been announced.

With my Hero, I definitely want the 2.1 update, but there isn't any functionality that it brings which is going to make huge differences in how I use the phone. My biggest gripe is I just don't like certain things about the phone, some that are software independent. That, and it's horribly slow at times, so hopefully the 2.1 update will help with that, too.

If you get the dell..def get the 6 cell...i can go almost 2 days on mine.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

I dont know anything past desire.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

silverhorn the ui basically makes the phone very userfriendly and streamline a lot of the social networks and gives u more home screens to use. the milestone allows u to customs fit ur phone as u please not as user friendly and receives updates faster