Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4243444546474849505152 ... LastLast

come to hburg one night im off and we'll get some beer n wings... C Spire/Cellular South forum

kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

come to hburg one night im off and we'll get some beer n wings

rod1906 no está en línea Stack level 3
    The way I feel about it, I could settle for the Motorola Milestone. Let's face it, you can't keep up with technology, each and every day manufacturers are going to constantly add something new to a smartphone. Then in several months the phone will be as obsolete as a dinosaur. Bottom line is that's how manufacturers make their dough. Adding this and adding that with updates that are constantly getting replaced like yesterdays newspaper. I, myself, say I would like to wait for the Desire or the Samsung Galaxy if either one becomes available. However, I feel if either one comes out, it will be topped off by another phone in the next few months. I don't think it's no such thing as the "perfect phone" or "game changer" in my opinion. It's only a ploy to keep consumers like us constantly spending money.

mclovin07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Rod you are right, but hey we are humans ad we are gonna wanna check out everything new that catches our attentions. Some of us know that fact that there are goin to be better phones out soon but yet we still get current ones cuz we cant help it lol we know we will never get THE PERFECT PHONE but we try anyways just to keep our technology thirsty brains fed.

garblicks no está en línea Stack level 4
    seems to me keeping ui's off phones or just having them as a option to where customers can download and uninstall them should be the way to go. phones that can still get the lastest updates running a vanilla os until the ui can be updated now everyone wins. those who don't mind using a vanilla os but is updated can use it and those who really don't can keep the older ui
    Last edited by garblicks; 06-15-2010 at 08:33 AM.

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    I think an over clocked milestone would be sufficiant enough for most, but!, my kicker is, i want a device with flash 10 native to the phone..not through skyfire....thats what im holding out for...thats 2.2
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

me 2 pm. 2.2 will have flash 10.1 and the droid/milestone is suppose to be the next in line for the update

HA!..good example of yesterdays heated discussion. I have read on 3 diff blogs about hardware issues with the amazingly wonderful best of best EVO. Its coming apart at the seams and!!!!! the usb and hdmi ports are having issues! Therefore, it might have be avoided if Sprint didnt just throw it out there without REALLY giving this device some time and trying it out. Hardware is just as important as software.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

another htc product. I wonder how can that be?

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    I think an over clocked milestone would be sufficiant enough for most, but!, my kicker is, i want a device with flash 10 native to the phone..not through skyfire....thats what im holding out for...thats 2.2
    I do as well, however skyfire is a nice hold over until then. Shouldnt be long, and there is always root for 2.2
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

Quote Originally Posted by garblicks View Post
    another htc product. I wonder how can that be?
    Yeh i know..making it hard to stand behind theit product huh.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post
    I do as well, however skyfire is a nice hold over until then. Shouldnt be long, and there is always root for 2.2
    My only downfall with skyfire is how low quality it looks when watching it. I watched a world cup match on it yesterday..could barely see the people.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    Yeh i know..making it hard to stand behind theit product huh.

it really has me thinking about getting another htc device. I'm not trying to shape anyone's opinion but their devices from the diamond on has had some major issues. whether its software or hardware

I agree..ive had proltl 15 or so htc devices and the diamond was terrible. My hero has a huge amount of dust under the glass too. Its aggervating!
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Speaking of wanting more and everything with one device.... This past weekend I took the family to a swim meet in Shreveport, LA. On my way there I was able to... at the same time!.... 1. Start my TOM TOM GPS Software. 2. Get Pandora Streaming some good summertime music. and 3. Bring up my OBDII Software to display real-time information (via Bluetooth) of what my car was doing Temp, RPM, Engine Load, etc.... (I displayed the OBDII Software, listened the Pandora, and the GPS software would announce the turns.)

BTW.... I was able to stream music all the way from Cleveland, MS to Shreveport, LA with only a couple of very short hiccups around Vicksburg. I have an HTC Touch Pro running windows mobile 6.1 (Stock, not cooked). And I love this phone, even with the issues and "opportunities" that a windows os brings with it.

Now here is the wanting more part..... I decided That I want to display and interact with all three apps at the same time.... The only way I can concieve of doing this on one device is if I were to install a Carputer with a double-din touch screen that I can separate into zones that each app can be displayed in. The streaming of Pandora will occur through a Wifi, Bluetooth, or USB connection my phone.

Next Question..... I have never looked into carputers... Does anyone know of any software and or hardware combo that can perform this?

Yes they do make it..name of it im not sure of. I have a question for you FD59..Does FD in your name stand for rx-7? Im asking because only a certain type of person i can think of would want to hook into OBDII and see whats going on with the car, people who 1.Race..2. have major aftermarket parts like turbo or supercharger 3. for fun.lol Which of these best fit you? lol
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH