Page 43 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3839404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Yes..perfect example..you know..they never got all the bugs out...the hardware was bad all the way ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

Yes..perfect example..you know..they never got all the bugs out...the hardware was bad all the way through...the storm 2 is stilll having issues.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    i tried a Storm 1 last August with the updated software that was supposed to be so much better, it was a total nightmare, I really don't blame CS for making sure phones are reliable before release. Another example, the Tour I have now, the first one I got would not call or text out but would reply to texts and could receive calls lol, almost runied it for me the first day.

garblicks no está en línea Stack level 4
    y get a android with ui if ur gonna get limited updates. no matter what the brand it is that's a bad deal

Every other os has limited updates too, look at iphone, one phone a year releases. I wouldn't base my decision on what updates I will get, I would go on what it could do now. If I would've took a chance on the Hero because the update was "coming soon" I would still be sitting here wanting to send a pic or receive one unless I rooted. Android seems to be getting more updates than any os from what i can see. I see what you are saying garb, Hero seems like a dead end with it being unable to take 2.2 or did I read that wrong?

mclovin07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Gotta relax, i have it, its still testing...there are a few small things i think will be fixed before official release and it will be out soon. Hang in there, everyones in the same boat. Sprints heros are having a good bit of small issue and have some angry customers...csouth wants it to be as close to perfect as possible. I know it takes a while but ithink we should all be greatful for a company that cares that much to test and over test to be sure of quality.
    This I know and understand, but wish others did. I am in conversations with others about phones somtimes and i end up having to explain this everytime theysay CS is too slow or that they dont care.

Quote Originally Posted by mclovin07 View Post
    This I know and understand, but wish others did. I am in conversations with others about phones somtimes and i end up having to explain this everytime theysay CS is too slow or that they dont care.
    I used to be one of the ones that didn't understand until I had a few sad devices.

On another note, I came across an interesting point while reading the Insider Blog in The Discover Center, Sprint refers to The EVO as a "game-changer", I wonder if that is what CS is talking about getting. Is it possible? I looked for that on the Sprint site and couldn't find it but evidentally someone saw it. I think I will take that with a grain of salt and leave it alone lol
    Last edited by walkintall67; 06-14-2010 at 05:18 PM.

cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    OUCH...do you realize csouth owns 90% of towers in ms? we can thank VZW when we leave ms. Milestone will be before 6months. I know its your (everyones) opinion but likei stated earlier..id rather a good device with lil to no issues and get the phone 3 months early and it be buggy...just cuz you see someone with something new doesnt mean they are enjoying it. It could have alot of issues. For example,,i couldnt wait to get the HD2 and when i did and seen ALLLLLL the issues...i stopped using it...i still dont use it..i have 1200 in 2 phones that are sitting in a desk that i would have been able to use if tmo would have done a lil bit more testing and solving. It happens on all carriers and all phones have issues.

I understand Pm but no offence but CS customer service is one of the worst ever and all the run around with no straight answer is super anoying you must admit.

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4

I'm pretty sure...

it was stated that CS won't be getting the EVO, but I'm too lazy to look back thru the threads to find it.

cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    Also I guess I don't care about problems because I can fix them. I just wish we could see them in a more timely manor and not be given the peak and have to wait and wait like we did with the hero and tour.

Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    it was stated that CS won't be getting the EVO, but I'm too lazy to look back thru the threads to find it.
    I thought I saw that too here but did find it interesting since CS was doing riddles now lol

Quote Originally Posted by walkintall67 View Post
    Every other os has limited updates too, look at iphone, one phone a year releases. I wouldn't base my decision on what updates I will get, I would go on what it could do now. If I would've took a chance on the Hero because the update was "coming soon" I would still be sitting here wanting to send a pic or receive one unless I rooted. Android seems to be getting more updates than any os from what i can see. I see what you are saying garb, Hero seems like a dead end with it being unable to take 2.2 or did I read that wrong?

I disagree. it is absolutely vital to know if the phone u r buying can handle updates and receive them in a timely manner. if apple did update their phones u better believe they would get them out in a timely manner. customers service goes way beyond just selling me the phone. and bc android continue to come out with updates and I'm a customer of that product I want it as fast as they can release it. for someone who has brought a hero that's is p*ssing in their face bc htc could have waited and put a better processor in that device.

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by garblicks View Post
    y get a android with ui if ur gonna get limited updates. no matter what the brand it is that's a bad deal
    speaking of UI, it looks like the Galaxy S has it's own UI... Android Samsung UI

I disagree. it is absolutely vital to know if the phone u r buying can handle updates and receive them in a timely manner. if apple did update their phones u better believe they would get them out in a timely manner. customers service goes way beyond just selling me the phone. and bc android continue to come out with updates and I'm a customer of that product I want it as fast as they can release it. for someone who has brought a hero that's is p*ssing in their face bc htc could have waited and put a better processor in that device.
    Garblicks you have to remember, I am a BBerry owner, lol we don't get updates hardly so I am not used to looking forward to them so whatever I buy I like it to do everything then, if an update comes along and adds to it, that's great but if not, I haven't lost anything, especially hope and I don't get frustrated because I can't get the updates. Again I do see what you're saying.
    Last edited by walkintall67; 06-14-2010 at 05:42 PM.

htc put out a faster processor a month later into the first desire/legend/bravo so if they didn't they should have had I prepared. we are talking about smartphones here! if ur blackberry was considered a brick after 6months of use u would be singing the same tune

0thundr0 no está en línea Stack level 3
    My problem is that when I bought my Hero in March, it was suppoesed to rival the iPhone. I can assure you, that my 3GS ate this Hero for lunch. I never had even one app crash on my iPhone. The 3.2MP camera took much better pictures than the Hero's 5MP, the iPhone has a bigger screen, and also the iPhone is so much better made. Within 2 weeks, the paint on my battery cover of my Hero was wearing off. I agree 120% that the network is better than AT&T, and that the cost is lower. I just hate the fact that I came back for a phone that CSouth paid to advertise as better than the iPhone, and in fact it really isn't. Now I am stuck with a phone that was dang near outdated a month after I bought it. As for the CSouth network, I can show you 20+ places in multiple counties from Pike to Copiah that had full service last year, and are lucky to have 2 bars now. I think they should offer some incentive to people who purchased a Hero in the last 6 months. **END RANT HERE --> Remove Soapbox**