Page 42 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by dmchance I am wondering how long it will take for someone to ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

garblicks no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by dmchance View Post
    I am wondering how long it will take for someone to come up with the custom ROM once the update is released. I have not yet rooted, but am not going to hesitate when we get an "official" CS custom ROM. Gonna try to overclock as well. Maybe this will keep me occupied until later in the year when I have shaved a few more months off the ETF. Sucks that the Hero can't handle anything past this update. Really disappointing.
    cheer up buddy htc is hard at work now on their next release due sometime in the spring of 2011. just no that whenever 2.1 gets released and everyone else is running 3.0 u can say like my wife will that u own a antique lol.

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    think about this too...htc said they wouldnt updateas much simply due to phones being obsolete sooooooo fast. Heros arent a year old yet and already cant be updated..so i def have to agree with the industry on the slow down a lil on the technology.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yea do like Blackberry and slow down on the technology lol

dmchance no está en línea Stack level 3
    LOL. Hopefully by then, I will have the latest, greatest device CS has to offer. I am like several of you. I doubt I will jump on first couple devices that are released, but wait to see what the complete line-up is for this year and early next year will be. It will be difficult reading the "eeewwws and aaahhhs" from people with new devices. I'm sure I will feel like I am missing out on all the fun! I sure hope I can hold out! Some how, I doubt it though! LOL.

I was joking guys. and pm that's all the more reason more companys should sell at least one vanilla os. far those who want updates on time. them slowing up................can I have fries with that? its not gonna happen. its a arms race. best product wins

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    I would agree with that too. I'm tired of buying any damn electronics and it being obsolete the next time I look at it. They need to get something good and keep it for a while. No one is even able to get excited about it anymore. Ooh look there's a new phone coming out. Okay what's new with this one, oh it's has a bigger screen. Ok, oh look there's another new one coming, this one has a faster processor. Oh wait, there's another one, this one has a newer updated OS.

Give me some time to get tired of a phone before you start introducing new stuff.

P.S. Sorry that's a rant I've been building up for a while. Also just my opinion.
    because we are amorphous, we hold that in reverence~ Tite Kubo

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    This is my point right here. There's already something new that's gonna make 1.5ghz obsolete. Slated for Christmas.
    because we are amorphous, we hold that in reverence~ Tite Kubo

dmchance no está en línea Stack level 3

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by walkintall67 View Post
    Yea do like Blackberry and slow down on the technology lol
    i think thats why many of us went to Andriod, but having an outdated device that is only about 9 months old is tough to handle. LOL

cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    Man this is rediculous cell south wants it to be perfect because they can't fix it. By the time we get something it ooollllddd news. My hero is going out the door as soon as the milestone is released. but since testing just started it will be 6 months or so.

Man I hate CS as far a customer service and new devices and updates. the only thing they have going is covarge(thanks to verizon) and plan pricing.

Sorry guys I just miss verizon the only thing I don't miss is paying twice as much for my plan.

btompkins0112 no está en línea Stack level 3
    What I eventually learned was that if I wanted to chase the newest and most cutting edge technology, I would never be satisfied. I learned to be happy with what satisfied my requirements of the device........HD video would be cool, but I don't use it; 4.3 inch touchscreen would be cool, but I can type faster an more accurately with a 2.6 inch screen and a qwerty; I'd like a flashy OS, but I'd rather get all of my emails timely, etc.......

I am not telling everyone to do what I did, I am just trying to tell ya that there will never be a moment when you say, "I have the best phone ever, and I won't want another one for a least a year"..........that isn't going to happen. The technology cycle has so accelerated, that achieving that level of satifaction is impossible.

pm how is it that the milestone will be able to handle the 2.2 update without overclocking it? is it bc its a dual processor?

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by garblicks View Post
    pm how is it that the milestone will be able to handle the 2.2 update without overclocking it? is it bc its a dual processor?
    People can run it rooted with 2.2 without overclocking. I see no reason that it wouldnt do the official version the same.

Edit: I misread, I thought you asked IF the milestone could. Sorry.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

Quote Originally Posted by cyberwaste View Post
    Man this is rediculous cell south wants it to be perfect because they can't fix it. By the time we get something it ooollllddd news. My hero is going out the door as soon as the milestone is released. but since testing just started it will be 6 months or so.

Man I hate CS as far a customer service and new devices and updates. the only thing they have going is covarge(thanks to verizon) and plan pricing.

Sorry guys I just miss verizon the only thing I don't miss is paying twice as much for my plan.
    OUCH...do you realize csouth owns 90% of towers in ms? we can thank VZW when we leave ms. Milestone will be before 6months. I know its your (everyones) opinion but likei stated earlier..id rather a good device with lil to no issues and get the phone 3 months early and it be buggy...just cuz you see someone with something new doesnt mean they are enjoying it. It could have alot of issues. For example,,i couldnt wait to get the HD2 and when i did and seen ALLLLLL the issues...i stopped using it...i still dont use it..i have 1200 in 2 phones that are sitting in a desk that i would have been able to use if tmo would have done a lil bit more testing and solving. It happens on all carriers and all phones have issues.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Id guess 2.1 comes but 2.2 is easily installed. Xda has alot of good info on it.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    OUCH...do you realize csouth owns 90% of towers in ms? we can thank VZW when we leave ms. Milestone will be before 6months. I know its your (everyones) opinion but likei stated earlier..id rather a good device with lil to no issues and get the phone 3 months early and it be buggy...just cuz you see someone with something new doesnt mean they are enjoying it. It could have alot of issues. For example,,i couldnt wait to get the HD2 and when i did and seen ALLLLLL the issues...i stopped using it...i still dont use it..i have 1200 in 2 phones that are sitting in a desk that i would have been able to use if tmo would have done a lil bit more testing and solving. It happens on all carriers and all phones have issues.
    Storm 1 was a prime example of quick release if I am not mistaken and what a flop it was