Page 30 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

yes....sending pics through email is no charge though.... C Spire/Cellular South forum

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

yes....sending pics through email is no charge though.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

garblicks no está en línea Stack level 4
    cs is gonna charge extra for something that should be included in their packages. that's not customer friendly

gnohra no está en línea Stack level 3
    Y'all see this today?

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/10/m...-end-so-do-we/

"Looks like we didn't get the full dish from Sanjay Jha's bout of loquaciousness this morning. It turns out Moto's chief of handsets has also expressed his company's intention to bring the world its first 2GHz smartphone and to do so on an aggressively accelerated roadmap. By the end of the year, Sanjay? Yes please. Another Moto exec is cited as saying NVIDIA Tegra will be providing the graphics prowess, Flash 10.1 will be fully supported, and a gyroscope will accompany HD video recording and output on the dreamy spec sheet. We wouldn't invest all of our trust in the conveniently anonymous exec's promised specs, but that 2GHz number comes straight from the top -- let the countdown begin."

I'm sure verizon will get the 1st device running 2gz

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    yeah, saw that earlier today... 2GHz is impressive for a phone; Verizon is likely to get the first Moto 2GHz device...
    But what if someone else is working on one, too... say Samsung with their "as many carriers as possible" philosophy? should make for an interesting race...

y would cs even charge extra for a service that usually comes with data anyay? thats very strange

Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    yes....sending pics through email is no charge though.
    yeah... problem with that is lots of folks don't have email on their phone, but have MMS capability. I suppose you could always use the "phonenumber@whatevercarriermmsaddress.com" method...

Quote Originally Posted by garblicks View Post
    y would cs even charge extra for a service that usually comes with data anyay? thats very strange
    yeah, it does seem a little petty or something... why not just include it as part of "unlimited"...

guess I won't complain too much... our rates are still WAY lower than competitors... the extra $5.95 won't kill me if I decide to add it, if I get an update to 2.1

my guess is they want to nickle and dime customers. just about every cs smartphone customer has wanted this feature, now they want to charge for its use lol. it should be free off general principle of them not being able to offer it before when every other major u.s carrier has had this feature for yrs included in heir data plans. either way u cant use it unless u have the 2.1 update anyway. next best things look for a app

Yeah, there was a workaround app for a jailbroken iPhone that worked GREAT for MMS on the First Gen iPhone, which also didn't have MMS capability, but you still had to have the service on your contract... the phone in it's original state just didn't support it
    I haven't seen anything like that for the Hero, but the big users (Sprint) already had MMS with 1.5, if I'm not mistaken

i didnt no that. it might just be a cs technical issue

btompkins0112 no está en línea Stack level 3
    That is a huge reason I got a Blackberry.......all my friends have Blackberries and I can send pictures, files, voice notes, etc for free through BBM.......I agree with garblicks that it should be free though....

Quote Originally Posted by btompkins0112 View Post
    That is a huge reason I got a Blackberry.......all my friends have Blackberries and I can send pictures, files, voice notes, etc for free through BBM.......I agree with garblicks that it should be free though....
    there may be a app in the market for it........

0thundr0 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by btompkins0112 View Post
    I must say that I do miss my BBM. I wish Google Chat on the Hero would let you send pics, files, voice, ect. Oh well. Maybe one day.

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    ok, heres the reason mms is extra...most companies charge extra for sms/mms packages..but that package is $20, i know this because i pay that for my tmo service. MMS is data extensive and not cheap for companies. Email and bbm and all that are ways to send pics and most people these days have pdas and have access to email on their phones so its only smart for a company to charge for a service that many do not use anyway. Theres always an alternative to sending pics and mms is just expensive. Just send email, it goes through large and clear..mms usually comes through small and grainy. We hardly ever sell the mms feature anymore becuase people get bb's and heros and just use email. Hope that helps ease the tension on the mms issue.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH