Page 29 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

The Droid I have is just the vanilla Android 2.1 OS. I love it because ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

racerxe24 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

The Droid I have is just the vanilla Android 2.1 OS. I love it because I can use addons from the market to customize it to what I want it to look like. With Sense and others you are kind of locked in. This way I can change depending on moods or situations at will. JMHO

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    For the right phone, I will most likely pay the ETF.
    Until then, I'm hoping that with the release of a CS version of 2.1, someone will be able to make a custom ROM that will have more things working... then I'll root and wait for the best new phone (for me) to come out

garblicks no está en línea Stack level 4
    thundr I hate it for u man.

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Thundr, try a diff os....overclocking to 710, there shouldnt be any lag. If your having lag with it that high of processor, id bet its the ROM your using. Dont get frusterated at the phone...its easy to do that but just try diff roms, thats why there are usually many diff rom builds, some are better than others for certain appliations like overclocking. MY fav rom for hero was Super Mod for my mytouch, was FAST and Super responsive!...over clocked to 650 from original 325 and it was blazing!...i changed roms to a Cynogen rom and it was laggy and terrible. Turns out that Cynogen rom wasnt for overclocking and there was my problem. The roms you rooted hero users are using...are they only for csouth phones or other hero builds?
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

0thundr0 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    Thundr, try a diff os....overclocking to 710, there shouldnt be any lag. If your having lag with it that high of processor, id bet its the ROM your using. Dont get frusterated at the phone...its easy to do that but just try diff roms, thats why there are usually many diff rom builds, some are better than others for certain appliations like overclocking. MY fav rom for hero was Super Mod for my mytouch, was FAST and Super responsive!...over clocked to 650 from original 325 and it was blazing!...i changed roms to a Cynogen rom and it was laggy and terrible. Turns out that Cynogen rom wasnt for overclocking and there was my problem. The roms you rooted hero users are using...are they only for csouth phones or other hero builds?
    I have tried BitterSweet (several versions), Aloysius (OC and non-OC, several versions). I just finished flasshing to Aloysius Snow non-OC. We will see how it performs. The only thing I haven't tried is Apps2SD. Maybe that is the route for me. These two ROMs give the most functional for CSouth but by no means are made specifically for CSouth phones. I guess I need to also quit trying to compare this Hero to my old iPhone 3GS. No matter the hacks or ROMs, there really is no comparison. I'm just looking forward to the offical 2.1 update. Speaking of...how is it treating you today?

Will any hero rom work?
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

0thundr0 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    Will any hero rom work?
    Supposedly. These 2 ROM's are supposed to provide better service for CSouth Hero's. Even both of these have a laundry list of things that don't work. For example, we get no Voicemail notifications, and with BitterSweet, Roaming Data has been an issue for some. Won't have absolute support until someone gets a hold of an official CSouth 2.1 and cooks it to root.

ajohnymous no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hmm...

http://www.techdealdigger.com/pr/che...ess-deals/3283

Isn't the Eris the Verizon Hero?

Never mind. The fine print kills you.
    Last edited by ajohnymous; 06-10-2010 at 03:27 PM.

Right, all the ROM images that are out there for the CDMA Hero are based off a Sprint Hero image...

if u take her out of hero ur left with a big fat ZERO. I'm just saying lol. I'm kidding guys.

Hm... rumors that the Moto Milestone XT720 is coming to TMo... I could see a CDMA version of this phone possibly making it to the US later this year.

mclovin07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hm... rumors that the Moto Milestone XT720 is coming to TMo... I could see a CDMA version of this phone possibly making it to the US later this year.
    Is this the shadow or if not whats the difference between the two?

I don't see verizon passing on this device unless it has something else up its sleeve. they can market whatever motorola's next product on their network as droid's bigger better big brother.

its ok...straightened up pretty good....its nice to have mms though lol.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Hey pm, MMS is an extra charge, even on the unlimited smartphone plan?