Page 28 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

2.1 for thee but not for me!... C Spire/Cellular South forum

ajohnymous no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

2.1 for thee but not for me!

silverhorn no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    Silver...where do you get your dates from? Is it a csouth rep?
    This today was a website that I ran across. Sorry but I seem to have misplaced the link.

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Gotcha...making sure someone wasn't telling you because they have been wayyy off.

Like waayyy off in other galaxys? lol

racerxe24 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by garblicks View Post
    What about the desire & galaxy have u intrigued racer? Also I hope all htc lovers are seeing what's going on getting this 2.1 update
    Well I really don't care for the desire as it has sense on it and the updates will come a lot slower. I need to find out more about the galaxy to see if it will be 2.1 or 2.2 and if it will have a custom UI on it or just the base android OS. Also I am really interested in the hummingbird processor and the speeds it is able to create. I have been happy with the droid as even with a down-clocked processor it still performs really well.

dirtpan no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by uraganone View Post
    Ok i have it confirmed that the 2.1 update for CS is supposed to come june 12th. I have a friend that works @ HTC and they said that CS had the green light to release their update whenever Sprint released it so i still am skeptic for their release. Guys just forget about it and go one with ROOTING. Get the release from sprint from other known forums and go on with your lives. There are a couple of ROMs that have been cracked, Fresh and Aloysius
    Appreciate the date. As far as rooting I would still caution people about it. There is a difference between data working and data working as well as it did before rooting. I rooted mine a week ago, and whiel I can't say I regret doing it, I am a bit disappointed in some of the results. I spend a lot of time out of state depending on the time of year, and I can say that the data performance has been dismal at best. Places where it worked with no hitches now will not even connect. I have been able to make it work well enough for email in most places, but forget internet browsing in general. I'm running the Bittersweet ROM and man this thing flies! Other the data connection inconsistency and not being able to connect to my bluetooth headset it works wonderfully. I am disappointed that PM hasn't noticed a big difference with the official 2.1 ROM though... Was hoping it was comparable to the Bittersweet ROM. Guess the official release will be bittersweet now...

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Wow, I go away from the site for a couple days and 20 pages get added to it.
    because we are amorphous, we hold that in reverence~ Tite Kubo

rod1906 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I truly hope CSouth gets the Samsung Galaxy S. I saw a teaser of it on a certain phone site. This device is state of the art. It sets an HTC Desire down, even the EVO can't touch it! However, if we don't get it, I could settle for the Desire or even the Legend. I just want an Android phone. Coming from an LG Spyder II, this upgrade will be like coming from a Chevrolet to getting a BMW! LOL! I have one question a lot of you have been posting constantly mentioning the Desire. Does someone know something I don't? Is it really going to be part of CSouth lineup? If so that would be a major plus for us. And if we get the Galaxy that would be hellafied!

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by rod1906 View Post
    I truly hope CSouth gets the Samsung Galaxy S. I saw a teaser of it on a certain phone site. This device is state of the art. It sets an HTC Desire down, even the EVO can't touch it! However, if we don't get it, I could settle for the Desire or even the Legend. I just want an Android phone. Coming from an LG Spyder II, this upgrade will be like coming from a Chevrolet to getting a BMW! LOL! I have one question a lot of you have been posting constantly mentioning the Desire. Does someone know something I don't? Is it really going to be part of CSouth lineup? If so that would be a major plus for us. And if we get the Galaxy that would be hellafied!
    Our mention of the Desire is a lot of speculation and educated guessing (with some helpful hints from certain forum members ). Most of us don't know for sure what the rest of the new lineup will be...
    Could be the Desire, could be the Galaxy, could be both since there are a lot of rumors that there will be around 6 new Androids at CS...

garblicks no está en línea Stack level 4
    I believe there are 2 crowds here. some want a faster processor with sense. and the other prefer a faster processor without sense overlapping the os. there are benefits to both as well as cons. I'm with racer on this. unless htc or whomever comes up with a faster way to get there phones updated. a vanilla os is fine by me. to each his own u can't make a bad choice they are all great choices
    Last edited by garblicks; 06-10-2010 at 10:55 AM.

I am inclined to agree, garblicks. Sometimes bells and whistles are a disadvantage.

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    While having never used vanilla android much, I do like most things about the Sense UI; problem is, it needs a faster processor than the Hero has, for everything to run smooth, imo. I would take a much faster processor without sense, for sure... there are numerous options to customize (OpenHome, etc), so one could easily live without sense. The slow updates on the HTC platforms with SenseUI are definitely a concern.
    The Galaxy seems to have somewhat it's own UI, but not nearly as heavy as sense, so that would be great.

cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    I switch to just a vanilla rom and do not miss since one bit might just pick up the milestone when it comes out and overclock it like i have my hero.

garblicks no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberwaste View Post
    I switch to just a vanilla rom and do not miss since one bit might just pick up the milestone when it comes out and overclock it like i have my hero.

how fast do u have your hero overclocked?

0thundr0 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by garblicks View Post
    how fast do u have your hero overclocked?
    I was fixing to ask the same question. I swapped to Aloysius 2.1 OC yesterday. It is set at 710, but even there, it is super laggy. It is unacceptable in 2010 to have a phone that takes 5+ seconds to open a keyboard when you select a fillable field. Just frustrating. I agree that the Hero just doesn't have the "unf" to compete. Too bad I am 3 months into a 2yr contract.