Page 25 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by uraganone Ok i have it confirmed that the 2.1 update for CS ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

garblicks no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by uraganone View Post
    Ok i have it confirmed that the 2.1 update for CS is supposed to come june 12th. I have a friend that works @ HTC and they said that CS had the green light to release their update whenever Sprint released it so i still am skeptic for their release. Guys just forget about it and go one with ROOTING. Get the release from sprint from other known forums and go on with your lives. There are a couple of ROMs that have been cracked, Fresh and Aloysius
    someone gave u some bad info.

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Finally got my update email from Csouth....thank goodness I signed up to be one of the first to know! lol
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    I got my "First to know" email announcing the Motorola Milestone!!!

Quote Originally Posted by garblicks View Post
    htc lovers beware.
    It doesn't seem to bode well for the phones running any extra UI, eh? I'll have to take a long look at which phone to get next...

ajohnymous no está en línea Stack level 2
    That would be the lesson to learn I guess.
    I'm just not a diehard early adopter. I want the update b/c I don't want to get a new phone 9 months into a 2 year contract. Getting the update seems like "freshening" up my hero.
    I guess its just weird how a phone like the hero seemed so fast and new in December now seems like yesterdays news.
    I wonder how much more these phones would run if there was only a 1 year contract...

the hero is a good phone and would run better with the update. that being said u guys can always root it

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post
    Finally got my update email from Csouth....thank goodness I signed up to be one of the first to know! lol
    I did too, only a few days late lol

ajohnymous no está en línea Stack level 2
    I've flirted with looking into rooting, but does it mess up roaming and data usage?

Quote Originally Posted by ajohnymous View Post
    I've flirted with looking into rooting, but does it mess up roaming and data usage?
    From all the info I've been able to find, rooting won't mess up call roaming, but may or may not mess up roaming data usage, depending on which ROM you use.

The Hero is a good phone, but for me, it's not a great phone. There are a few fundamental things about it that I just don't like.

I'm sorry to hear about that guys. at least there will be alternatives soon

0thundr0 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    From all the info I've been able to find, rooting won't mess up call roaming, but may or may not mess up roaming data usage, depending on which ROM you use.

The Hero is a good phone, but for me, it's not a great phone. There are a few fundamental things about it that I just don't like.
    My problem with my Hero since I rooted is all the "This, this, and this, don't work, and this, this, and this, only work sometimes". I spent a week in Orlando without internet, when I was told that all I had to do was a couple of steps, and it has worked perfectly in other states. Too bad Florida can now be added to the list of states that wasn't one of them. About the only thing I have liked about rooting is sharing my internet, and even that has been buggy. I wen to a non-root program called EasyTeather. Works everytime! I am so looking forward to the official CSouth 2.1 update.

Quote Originally Posted by 0thundr0 View Post
    My problem with my Hero since I rooted is all the "This, this, and this, don't work, and this, this, and this, only work sometimes". I spent a week in Orlando without internet, when I was told that all I had to do was a couple of steps, and it has worked perfectly in other states. Too bad Florida can now be added to the list of states that wasn't one of them. About the only thing I have liked about rooting is sharing my internet, and even that has been buggy. I wen to a non-root program called EasyTeather. Works everytime! I am so looking forward to the official CSouth 2.1 update.
    Hey thundr, I saw where you tried the Bittersweet ROM... have you tried any of the others?

On a side note. I did a Baseband update last month, and my service has been bad ever since. I am running Baseband 2.42.01.04.27 with 2.1 OS. I was wondering what base band other 2.1 rooted Hero's were running on CSouth. I was wondering if I found one that was working good for others, is it possible to downgrade my current one?

the way its looking cs isn't gonna bring out the 2.1 update until the milestone and or the desire hits if that

Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    Hey thundr, I saw where you tried the Bittersweet ROM... have you tried any of the others?
    I have tried BitterSweet and Aloysius. Aloysius seemed bloated to me. Sometimes I would open a screen, and it would take several seconds before the colorful overlays would come on. Very annoying. Plus, the fact that it shows 3G even if you are in a 1x area, and the lockscreen makes the alarm clock not work. I was going to flash back to it last night, but the problem list seems to be getting longer. I saw where BitterSweet was supposed to go 2.0 yesterday or before, but that didn't happen.