Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by jbreakfield Hm, doesn't seem to do much good to sign up to ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    Hm, doesn't seem to do much good to sign up to receive "e-mail alerts on Android smartphone details as they develop" on CS's website... I didn't get any email about the Milestone, lol...
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. lol
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

garblicks no está en línea Stack level 4
    guys pm never said what phone it would be he only gave hints. now me on the other hand ive speculated on alot of phones. im sorry if i lead any of u guys astray. but ive got my thoughts about the next phone and its strictly mine from what ive researched.

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post
    Ok, who is going to root their new phones when they get them?
    As long as there are no issues with data roaming, like the ones everyone is having with the Hero, then I'll be rooting my next Android...

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    blahh i hate mondays..lol..
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Ive got an HD2 for sale for anyone interested. I know it cannot be used on csouth but will work on tmo and att if unlocked. price is 550 shipped.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

pm we are cs android freaked out buddy. maybe in march but the fires are burning to play with new toys lol

albrownlee89 no está en línea Stack level 2
    NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!! CS on facebook just reported that one of the android phones WILL be the Motorola MILESTONE.. Didnt give a definite release date though....

dirtpan no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    As long as there are no issues with data roaming, like the ones everyone is having with the Hero, then I'll be rooting my next Android...
    LONG time reader, put I guess this is post #1. I've learned a bunch between here and XDA. I travel around a fair bit, so I was really worried about rooting my Hero in light of the data problems. Had a long weekend in Slidell for I took the plunge so to speak. Took me a couple of hours, but successfully rooted. I loaded the Bittersweet ROM. Drove over to the rest area at Stennis Space Center and did a *228 to register on Cell South's network. Everything worked beautifully. Blazing fast, no lag, etc. Soon as I crossed the bridge headed back to Slidell I lost data. Saw where PM mentioned something about not all towers supporting data, or problems with towers so I chalked it up to that enough though everything worked fine until I rooted. I left Slidell and drove to Birmingham Sunday. I have an Ev connection but it is crap. I did a ##3282#, went into the EVDO settings and changed it from Automatic to CDMA only. I only connect at 1x, but it is much more stable and good enough for pushed email and Weatherbug updates. By no means is it what it should be. Works extremely well while in Mississippi though

Only thing I can figure is that the Cellular South RUU and/or radio file has something in it that affects tower connections. Waiting on the official 2.1 from Cellular South now. What sucks is that I leave for Montana next Saturday for 3 weeks!

I can tell you this, I have a buddy with a Droid from Verizon, and the Hero with the Bittersweet ROM is as fast or faster. This is how the Hero should be. Got Navigation and everything. if the 2.1 update hits around the time the Milestone is released, I will have a hard time swapping over. Now the Desire may be a different story...

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by albrownlee89 View Post
    NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!! CS on facebook just reported that one of the android phones WILL be the Motorola MILESTONE.. Didnt give a definite release date though....
    Read back a page or two. We discussed it before they posted it.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

Dirtpan, love the name buddy, welcome! Im glad you decided to post!. You sound pretty educated on your stuff too, if the hero is fast or faster than milestone...then imagine what the milestone will do at 1ghz! once rooted.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

PIN/ID
    ask
    Yes, welcome dirtpan!

From what I have read PM, the milestone/droid overclocked to even 800 mhz can keep pace with the HTC Incredible. Of course it is not burdened with an add on UI such as Sense, and has less to run in that regard. It is a very "overclockable" processor.
    www.sonicbabble.com

Yes thats true, i have read good things about clocking it to 1ghz..but!!! imagine the desire (if we get it) overclocked to 1.2 or 1.3! lol Quailcomm is already making 1.5 ghz chips....its getting crazyin the processor war. The really awesome thing is the galaxy S and its hummingbird processor!
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    Yes thats true, i have read good things about clocking it to 1ghz..but!!! imagine the desire (if we get it) overclocked to 1.2 or 1.3! lol Quailcomm is already making 1.5 ghz chips....its getting crazyin the processor war. The really awesome thing is the galaxy S and its hummingbird processor!
    Yeah, it reminds me of the speed war in desktops several years ago. Buy one, and in a few months it is old news. Just think, last year, 500mhz or so was fast as you could get. Now...
    www.sonicbabble.com

yeh and when the 500 mhz came out it was still to slow to perform easy tasks lol
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

pm can u answe my pm?

Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    thx