Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

anyone else wanna give it a shot at what phones that plays divx or in ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

garblicks no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

anyone else wanna give it a shot at what phones that plays divx or in 720p that's already in its software?

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    I had just assumed that for the US release, the Desire would get the required software upgrade from HTC to enable 720p video recording... that would make it comparable to the Incredible and Evo in that respect.

its the exact same phone otherwise. there r some very smaller differences but nothing major besides the incredible having a hmni capability

my only reservation with any htc phone is there lack of timely updates. I've read so many people mad at htc bc of this. hopefully they will notice that core android users want the latest updates yesterday lol

rod1906 no está en línea Stack level 3
    garblicks...I could be wrong and all the way out in left field, but that truly seems like the Motorola Extreme posing as the Milestone. Think about it-look at the bottom of the Extreme-it looks identical to the Milestone! Also it has 720p. Oh yeah, it would be a "game changer" to the Droid/Milestone. Oh and the name Milestone. To get the Extreme would be a "Milestone" for CellSouth! lol! Maybe just maybe this is the ultimate surprise! Also, there's the new Acer Stream with 720 p. I can't see it being the EVO pmarshall ruled that out sometimes ago. Also, a few weeks ago, pmarshall stated that CSouth would not be late at obtaining newer phones. He stated that they would get phones within days of the larger carriers. Just something to think about.

if its the extreme I'd be very surprised. even pm said cs is getting the milestone. maybe your rite.

the bottom of the extreme doesn't look like the milestone to me. the way cs has been so secretive u may be rite rob

I think the desire may come later this summer. Why would anyone want a phone, that's over 7 or 8 months old that doesn't have the latest updates. Maybe the Milestone may come with 2.1 who knows. Like u said garblicks csouth is so secretive. I think it's something to throw us off completely. I'm certain it's not the Htc Legend that would be like getting the Hero all over again. I got one question, why is CSouth so darn secretive?! I wish we could know something so I could do more research on whatever phone it may be. I want an Android phone so bad that I can taste it. My wife wants my LG Spyder II I just want a more advance device.

there isn't much difference in the desire and the incredible rob its a great phone. I'd get the extreme bc the updates would come sooner

rob the milestone comes with 2.0 and can be updated to 2.1 as soon as its setup. motorola said the droid/milestone was next up for the 2.2 update

motorola decision not to run a hard overlapping os on the milestone or extreme is what set it apart from htc products. they might not be as user friendly but its easier to root and get updates

So garblicks you think I would come out better with the Milestone or Extreme huh? From watching videos of the Milestone, it seems to be a real good phone. I understand that 2.1 has a text to speech feature. My LG Spyder II has spoiled me with this feature. When I'm driving my phones reads aloud who's calling me. I really hope that the Milestone or Extreme has this feature as well.

it has text to speech I'm hoping for both to come out on cs but that's being too overly optimistic. cs could get a deal with motorola they make great phones that way whenever motorola comes out with something it can bring the same thing out as another name on cs

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Well, another week of waiting.

On what we are getting, the ideas you guys are floating sound great, but I suspect we were closer to the truth with what we originally thought.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post
    Well, another week of waiting.

On what we are getting, the ideas you guys are floating sound great, but I suspect we were closer to the truth with what we originally thought.
    Yes definitely does sound good but I still suspect the Milestone or something of the equivalent, haven't seen this thread so busy in a while