Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Cs is open til 2 Christmas eve..most stores anyway. Not sure about any promos to ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

Cs is open til 2 Christmas eve..most stores anyway. Not sure about any promos to be honest..nothings been said to me. Saltforkman..welcome to the stacks! As for your question..Sorry but theres no telling when the issue will be fixed..I would suggest using top voice for voice dialing..i use it and hav no issues..try that!..I hope the update we get will have all the small issues we are having fixed.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

dmchance no está en línea Stack level 3
    Found yet another useful app I thought I would mention. The name is Quick Settings and is just that. I set up the widget on my home screen because it puts everything in one place. Has display brightness, ringer, Bluetooth, wi-fi settings one click away... Helped me clean up the screen a little. Also has part for phone and SD card freespace, as well as battery percentage meter. Pretty useful for me. If this app has been mentioned before... my bad! LOL
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; HTC Hero Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1 CSOUTH-6200

asmith001 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by saltforkman View Post
    I have had a Hero from Cellular South since the day they were released and I have loved the device so far, but Cellular South is still having problems with getting Google Voice to work on it Lucent switches. If you are on a Nortel switch it works fine, but they have reported that they at least now know what the problem is and that they are working on a solution.

Does anyone know when Cellular South will actually have the Lucent Switch issue corrected?
    What exactly is the problem with Google Voice?
    ---\ Pearl 8130 » Rooted HTC Hero » Rooted Galaxy S Showcase /---

Google Voice actually wasnt meant to used on 1.5..its for 1.6 and above....some customers are able to access this it seems...i for one cannot..i use topvoice. When we get whatever update we end up getting we will have voice dialing...voice search work fine. We will also be able to tranfer files via bluetooth and be able to do pic messeging. Thats the plan anyway...and thats IF google does what they should do.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

gnohra no está en línea Stack level 3

google voice

interesting.. I loaded it from the market and it's worked fine.. although I don't use it very often, when I tested, it was much smoother than it was on the old 8830..

saltforkman no está en línea Stack level 1
    The issue with Google Voice on Cellular South's network has to do with whether or not your device's home switch is a Lucent switch or a Nortel switch. If you are on Lucent switch the calls are blocked because GVoice puts a "+1" in front of any number that is dialed out. The Lucent switch has issues with knowing what to do with the +1 and so the call will not complete. (If you are on a BlackBerry, GVoice works either way, because BlackBerry's remove the "+1"). It is only outbound calls that are effected, so there there should be no issues with getting inbound calls on the HTC's.

As an FYI - I got word from Cellular South this morning that they expect the Lucent switches to be updated by mid January 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by saltforkman View Post
    The issue with Google Voice on Cellular South's network has to do with whether or not your device's home switch is a Lucent switch or a Nortel switch. If you are on Lucent switch the calls are blocked because GVoice puts a "+1" in front of any number that is dialed out. The Lucent switch has issues with knowing what to do with the +1 and so the call will not complete. (If you are on a BlackBerry, GVoice works either way, because BlackBerry's remove the "+1&quot. It is only outbound calls that are effected, so there there should be no issues with getting inbound calls on the HTC's.

As an FYI - I got word from Cellular South this morning that they expect the Lucent switches to be updated by mid January 2010.
    Great info...plus one for you..
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

asmith001 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yeah, thanks for the info. I'm only using it for visual voicemail, currently, so I haven't noticed any problems.
    ---\ Pearl 8130 » Rooted HTC Hero » Rooted Galaxy S Showcase /---

crackaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    Been kind of quite in here lately.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Man I can't wait to get the Hero. This damn phone is acting up again. It only happens on Tuesdays. Really weird. Maybe it's the Verizon thing. I hate them. I want to get back on CSouth.

Edit: Okay, I just read that it very well could be the RIM BIS that is messed up. Let's hope so. I'm tired of trying to fix this myself.
    because we are amorphous, we hold that in reverence~ Tite Kubo

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    It was a RIM problem cause nothing worked that used the browser on my Tour, I'm glad to say everything is back to normal now.

Ethan1006 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Rim was having problems with their internet, email and bbm. Just got word that rims errors should be fixed now and everything is back up. That was causing data out on all carriers.

markmi48625 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30f577a1
    Hey guys and girls Im new to Pinstack but Ive had a blackberry for over a year. I have a question for the professionals ...........WHAT IS THE BEST BROWSER FOR THE BLACKBERRY? I didnt like opra mini

johncpayne no está en línea Stack level 2
    When I had my blackberry I played around with the Bolt browser for a bit and it worked pretty well. I also was not a fan of opera mini very much but the most recent version of opera (I believe it is 5 beta) was better.

markmi48625 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30f577a1
    Thank You ! What are you using right now for a browser?

Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast