Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 6162636465666768 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Nice site Msmith..had some good info. I watched a youtube vid from GoogleI/O that was ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

Nice site Msmith..had some good info. I watched a youtube vid from GoogleI/O that was held last month about it..was facinating but it always is when someones talking it up for a conference lol. Oh well, to bad im deciding to go DirectTV.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    If you have any questions on Directv (or D*), let me know, of feel free to ask anyone there. I have two of their HR- series dvrs from D* and can probably walk you through any problems, or at least can point you to someone that can.

Awesome...i want to get the dvr that records and can watch any recording from one dvr on any tv in the house.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Went down and got a Samsung 50 inch 1080p Full HD for my new house surround sound coming soon!
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    Awesome...i want to get the dvr that records and can watch any recording from one dvr on any tv in the house.
    Have you already ordered the install? If not, tell them that you want MRV installed. That will give you multi room capability.

OR you can do what I did and run it through your network with cat 5. It is unsupported by D*, but works just as well. Again though, this method is unsupported and if you have problems, they will not help with it. DECA is the way to go if you want support. Great feature though.
    Tell them you want the HR-24. Latest and greatest!

PIN/ID
    ask
    Went down and got a Samsung 50 inch 1080p Full HD for my new house surround sound coming soon!
    Plasma or LCD?

I have two panasonic 1080p plasmas myself. Love them. Previosuly had a samsung 720p plasma, and it was a great set as well.

I got the lcd, wanted LED but they are really high still. Multi room is awesome...would be really nice to record a show in living roomand go to bed to watch....as i have it right now with local cable id have to have a dvr on each tv in the house plus my cable with hd channels are 100 a month...im sure direct can beat that. I dont have it installed yet no...dont close on new house for 39 more days or so. I know they have a new dish that picks up mor hd channels so i know im going to want that. Def getting sports pack too.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

hr 24?
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Whats the difference on the HZ on a tv?? some are 60 others a 120.
    ...just seena 600hz
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

PIN/ID
    ask
    I got the lcd, wanted LED but they are really high still. Multi room is awesome...would be really nice to record a show in living roomand go to bed to watch....as i have it right now with local cable id have to have a dvr on each tv in the house plus my cable with hd channels are 100 a month...im sure direct can beat that. I dont have it installed yet no...dont close on new house for 39 more days or so. I know they have a new dish that picks up mor hd channels so i know im going to want that. Def getting sports pack too.
    The LCDs are great as well.
    yes, MRV works great. We use it alot. The dish you will get if you want HD is the Slimline. It will get you everything that is available. New HD channels are coming this month as well, and more through the year. Sports pack is great for the sports lover. It is different than what you will get with Dish. Directv sports pack gives far mor HD games in that regard.

PIN/ID
    ask
    It is the latest HD-DVR that Directv offers. Much faster than previous models, and much smaller as well, but with a larger hard drive (500 gb if I am not mistaken). Currently, I have the HR-20 and the HR-23. Not much difference between them. I am looking to upgrade to the 24 soon, everyone that I know that has done so loves it.

PIN/ID
    ask
    My plasmas are 600hz, but it is a totally different number than the HZ ratings that you see on LCD. In a simple way of explaining, the higher the HZ on the LCD, the better it handles fast motion such as sports. (of course this leaves out alot of technical detail. lol)

With plasma it is more of a marketing gimick to get LCD customers to buy plasma, because plasma does not have the refresh rate problems that LCDs tended to have in the past few years (although this is much improved now).

PIN/ID
    ask
    What is the HZ on your new set?

garblicks no está en línea Stack level 4
    ok guys all the tv info is good. one quick question for pm and have back at it. is it a good possibility cs will release 2 phones within a very short period of time or are they gonna spread them out to one a month. that's if all goes well with testing

very close garb...very close...lol
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH