Page 61 of 68 FirstFirst ... 5657585960616263646566 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Hey guys you are right, the Samsung Galaxy is an awesome looking device. However, I ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

rod1906 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Hey guys you are right, the Samsung Galaxy is an awesome looking device. However, I thought the Galaxy was GSM technology for it mentioned it would go to either AT&T or T-Mobile. Undoubtedly, there is a CDMA version in the making as well. It would be a breath of fresh air to see another manufacturer, besides HTC make a splash like that. I certainly hope that CellSouth can get their hands on a CDMA version of this phone. I know you can't reveal anything, but I hope the Galaxy is in this awesome high-end lineup! Y'all, I can't wait long enough to see where all of this is going! I hope the Motorola Milestone is updated to 2.1 or 2.2(froyo) for that matter. The Shadow would be the ultimate icing on the cake though.
    Last edited by rod1906; 05-30-2010 at 09:39 AM.

garblicks no está en línea Stack level 4
    I think cs definitely has something up their sleeve. the problem is what phone will they are going to brand as their top phone and will they get other phones on that same level. the hero was outdated by feb yet that's the phone they have marketed. do they get something that can hold up at least 6months with the big boys or do they fall flat on their faces and get left behind again? smartphone technology is a race no one can truly win but cs needs to show it can run at the front at least for a few months that's just my two cents though

I think CSouth has something up their sleeves also. PMarshall certainly is enthusiastic, about the Samsung Galaxy! LOL. I think it would be nice to get a phone such as the Galaxy while it's still fresh. That would be a shot in the arm for CellSouth. I think if Cellsouth get more high-end Android phones and sell them @ a reasonable price, we would be an awesome force to deal with. It would be a David vs. Goliath scenario-that is-we would be the small privately own southern carrier that put the Big 4 carriers to shame.

cs's size at this point is to its advantage

it has a lot of room to grow. the thing they have to do is upgrade their customer service expand their network through getting up more towers and having up to date phones. all three are attainable. the customers service part should have been in place 3yrs ago. cs tend to make u jump through hoops to change out bad phones. and that's partly bc they don't have exclusive contracts to certain phones or manufacturers. the customers end up getting hurt. I no bc I went through 5 htc touches before they gave me another type of phone. that phone was crap and they never acknowledged it. they swept it under the rug it lost a lot of respect I had for them.

I may be wrong garblicks, but I think csouth might be stepping up their game, through their higher end phone selection. They have already acquired Corr Wireless in Alabama. CSouth just moves slowly, however, to keep from losing thousands of customers they're trying to be more aggressive. I agree, phone selection has sucked in the past nevertheless, all of the complaints from customers may spur things a bit. No, it's not too late for CSouth to make a showing, that's why they are trying to obtain more higher end Android phones. I think that CellSouth needs to stop being so secretive about the release of their new phones. Also, they need to branch out to other southern states e.g. Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas and so on. That would greatly increase their popularity as well.

I agree with texas but I'd like them to get into

Quote Originally Posted by rod1906 View Post
    I may be wrong garblicks, but I think csouth might be stepping up their game, through their higher end phone selection. They have already acquired Corr Wireless in Alabama. CSouth just moves slowly, however, to keep from losing thousands of customers they're trying to be more aggressive. I agree, phone selection has sucked in the past nevertheless, all of the complaints from customers may spur things a bit. No, it's not too late for CSouth to make a showing, that's why they are trying to obtain more higher end Android phones. I think that CellSouth needs to stop being so secretive about the release of their new phones. Also, they need to branch out to other southern states e.g. Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas and so on. That would greatly increase their popularity as well.
    florida,all of georgia tenn and the carolinas. they need to expand their footprint bigtime. higher end phones is not gonna solve their problems by itself. great customer service will.

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    From a business standpoint, growing bigger will only get them bought out.

They have the plans, customer service from my stand point is better than the big four. I dont know how many of you have been with the other guys. Cell south is better.
    The main thing they have traditionally lacked is the "phone". We have dealt with that, because of the other plusses. The coverage in their area is unmatched.

I think, if they compete with phones, they will gain greater customer satisfaction, and saturation in the area that they serve.

I think some growth in offering area is good for them. Too much and they will stretch themselves too thin, and then be overtaken. Personally, I think they should focus on slight growth, they already offer shore to shore coverage, and then focus on phone selection. Or reverse those points.

Sometimes bigger is not always better, and when it comes to the business model that cell south has, that is true. At least IMO

I think customer service from CellSouth is excellent and cellular reception is unmatched. I've had people call me with AT&T service and their call just continually dropped in and out. Not good for a major cellular carrier. I live in Southwest Mississippi near Natchez and Verizon doesn't work well in this area. Although At&t or Verizon may have a broad selection of phones, what good does it do to have a fancy phone and iffy service? I've been with Cellular South since March 1997 and it's
    interesting to see how they are gradually evolving into a modern cellular carrier. I sincerely believe Cellular South has a bright future.

cs customer service ain't good at all in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post
    From a business standpoint, growing bigger will only get them bought out.

They have the plans, customer service from my stand point is better than the big four. I dont know how many of you have been with the other guys. Cell south is better.
    The main thing they have traditionally lacked is the "phone". We have dealt with that, because of the other plusses. The coverage in their area is unmatched.

I think, if they compete with phones, they will gain greater customer satisfaction, and saturation in the area that they serve.

I think some growth in offering area is good for them. Too much and they will stretch themselves too thin, and then be overtaken. Personally, I think they should focus on slight growth, they already offer shore to shore coverage, and then focus on phone selection. Or reverse those points.

Sometimes bigger is not always better, and when it comes to the business model that cell south has, that is true. At least IMO
    what good is having nation wide coverage when if u use your phone over 50% of the time they will drop u and u can't use your data out of their local calling area bc your using verizon's network then. im a trucker and I can say with all honest nobody beats att customer service. c's prices and the fact that I'm no longer over the road is why I switched. just having mississippi as your main coverage leaves something to be desired. cs is a private company not a publicly traded one so they can grow to whatever size they want. I'd still recommend tx,fl, the carolinas all of al,tenn,and ga. their should be no reason not to have coverage throughout all their bordering states plus tx and fl. that's just my opinion
    Last edited by garblicks; 05-31-2010 at 09:46 AM.

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Yes, they CAN grow as big as they want to. I am just saying, at a point, I can see Verizon or Sprint making an offer. They will not want the extra competition. JMO.

unless both drop their prices it won't happen.

either would have to honor the unlimited prices cs has given. imo they wouldn't want the headache of lowering profit margin and in the process making their other customers mad. both are going away from unlimited data plans so we shall see.

So....pmarshall what new updates do you have for us @ the CSouth? The time should be getting nearer huh? Just waiting to see what's going 2 materialize. After doing some research on the Samsung Galaxy, I sort of hope that it would be in the line-up of Androids. I guess only time will tell.

I'm not pm. I'd venture to say cs

will bring out 1 really good phone besides the milestone. what phone will that be I'd hope its motorola based htc releases are way too slow.

I'm just ready for something new besides htc perhaps samsung(preferably the Galaxy) or maybe an LG android. I wouldn't mind the Motorola Milestone updated to 2.2. But I would truly prefer a newer Motorola such as the Shadow.

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well the minutes are still passing as we inch closer to the release of the _____________.