Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4647484950515253545556 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Since there seems to be experts here, what is the deal with Blackberry email validation? ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

ajohnymous no está en línea Stack level 2

BB question

Advertisement

Since there seems to be experts here, what is the deal with Blackberry email validation? What's the point? What does it do? Why does my wifes BB need to be validated and my Hero doesn't? Seems like there is always an issue with it and it give her trouble all the time!

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Blackberry and Android use 2 different server types for emails. I do see it alot with Android too but way more with blackberry. Cableone,ATT,and Bellsouth are by far the worse emails to have on a blackberry due to validation. When it asked you that It just wants password. Not big deal just annoying.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

ajohnymous no está en línea Stack level 2
    What happens all the time is an inability to get on the internet to validate. Resetting doesn't do anything. Then she has to wait until she's home for me to validate on our computer thru the website. PITA.
    MS Exchange, btw.

racerxe24 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    Racerxe24..Hopefully you wont have to be limited with csouth anymore since they are getting newer phones faster. There are def different revisions and we will see what csouth does. I think the less expensive thing to do would be open more lanes of the highway opposed to buying a partner for LTE. I guess it all depends on what the phone manufactors decide to do. They mught only want to make LTE phones top of the line then we would be forced to go LTE to get the high end phones. Racer...how did you come up with your name? Makes me think of auto cross racing and 24 is your number.
    Thanks for the info... As for my username, well I am older so when I was growing up I used to love to watch Speed Racer. And of course Speed's secret brother was RacerX. And 24 has always been my favorite number. So there is no auto racing or anything like that behind my user name...heh.

haha i was on the right track..kinda lol.MS exchange accounts are different than blackberry servers so i honestly am not that great with exchange.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Hey everyone, 2.1 was told to be out by june so its right around the corner...if things go right. Csouth has an awesome awesome handset line up. The motto of csouth of getting handsets late are over. Anyone ever wanting to come back to csouth that left due to handset selection shouldnt have any reason to not come back.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Heres my fav app of the week: Virtual Walkie Talkie. Pretty fun app, works like a walkie talkie and its pretty fast to send the voice.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Hey everyone, 2.1 was told to be out by june so its right around the corner...if things go right. Csouth has an awesome awesome handset line up. The motto of csouth of getting handsets late are over. Anyone ever wanting to come back to csouth that left due to handset selection shouldnt have any reason to not come back.
    This is all great news... thanks for sharing, pm!
    I've have the desire for a new handset myself...

garblicks no está en línea Stack level 4

p. marshall I've done even more research

I've come up with the only android phones cs can offer given they are cdma and u said the incredible wasnt gonna be included. they are the motorola milestone eris/desire motorola streak, samsung moment, pulse, and the motorola motus. all are out on cdma surprisingly none has the snap dragon processor. if u r correct on the 2.1 release its safe to say cs won't release the 2.1 until after it launches the milestone/ and or desire and it would be a good lineup for a yr at least.

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    GREAT NEWS

0thundr0 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hey everyone, 2.1 was told to be out by june so its right around the corner...if things go right.
    When you say, "by June", do you mean June's beginning, or end. Also, as we have seen from CSouth in the past, the "if things go right" can be a pretty large crutch sometimes.

HAHAH great research on the phones!...im not saying which ones and i do know a few that arent even out anywhere yet..lol
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Oh yeah, the ones that say arent snapdragon..or that do say are snapdragon doesnt mean anything, gotta think about it, the release name for csouth might be something totally different. I have seen in the past that one phone released at one carrier was released by another with a diff name and slightly diff specs....the waiting game is def infect!
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

garblicks no está en línea Stack level 4

I try not to just put things out

without researching them 1st. the desire does have the sd processor but from what I've looked up that's what killing the battery along with the amoled screens. I'd take a desire with a extended life battery or buy a spare bc its a battery eater. pm are the other phones you mentioned that's not out yet higher end phones? maybe a late september release huh?

I'd put money on it that the screen isn't what's draining Tue battery. amoled screens are designed to increase batterylife due to color saturation. Amoled screens don't need the saturation like other screens do. They actually are supposed to increase batt life up to 20%. I did some research on battery life and there aee so many different ways they drain. I havnt had an Android yet or winmo that has awesome life, with average only a day.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH