Page 49 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4445464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Originally Posted by pmarshall Rooters and hero users that are having sketchy service..this might help ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

pound24 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    Rooters and hero users that are having sketchy service..this might help you... http://www.androidpolice.com/2010/05...-battery-life/
    sorry that update doesnt do any good for signal only battery. uraganone tryed it all ready

rod1906 no está en línea Stack level 3
    pmarshall:
    This may sound a bit repetitious, but I was wondering since the Motorola Milestone/Droid comes equipped with Android 2.0, will Cellular South update the Milestone with Android 2.1? I was reading on an a Motorola Droid forum, where the Droid/Milestone is supposed to get Android 2.1. I hope this is true for the Milestone for Cellular South. Oh, by the way I googled some Android 2.1 pics for the Milestone and they look swweeeet! Gives the phone a whole new look. I played with the Motorola Droid @ Best Buy this past weekend and it seems to be very sturdy. Slide action is like clockwork. I don't know what's coming following the Milestone, be it the HTC Legend or Desire or whatever, but this phone appears to give either one some competition even though it's about six months old.

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Unless they change the layout of the keyboard for the milestone, which Is highly unlikely seeing as how its the same phone, then Its still a no go for me. I don't like reaching over a d-pad to type. Now if they could empliment some type of trackpad like the blackberries, it might be worth my time.

The other Issue would have to be the screen. Unless they put some type of spring action into the raising and lowering, like the g1, then its no go all around.

And like I said, since it is the Droid and Milestone are the exact same thing, its unlikely any of those changes have been made for us.
    because we are amorphous, we hold that in reverence~ Tite Kubo

0thundr0 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Rooters and hero users that are having sketchy service..this might help you... http://www.androidpolice.com/2010/05...-battery-life/
    I applied this update, and now my speed tests are half what they were, and what used to be pings of 200ms are now 999ms+. Anyone know how to revert back?

racerxe24 no está en línea Stack level 2
    rod: I currently have the Droid and am on Verizon. I was on cell south for many years with BB devices but made the change because of the poor selection of phones that Cell South had. I am really happy that they have stepped up their game with phone selection as that was the only thing lacking with them. As to the Droid, 2.1 is better but not all that much different. It has the live wallpapers and a couple of other goodies but not much of a change from 2.0.1. I have really enjoyed the phone. I don't use the hard keyboard because I fat finger too much when I type. I use the on screen keyboard in landscape mode. The phone overall is really slick, but I would be with PMarshall and wait. I know he cannot say or give any clues, but if the phone coming after the Milestone/Droid has 1ghtz processor in it and maybe some more on board RAM then that would be worth it. I am sure it will come with 2.1 as that is what is coming out with all the new phones. And since 2.2 is just around the corner the extra umph might be needed. Anyway that is just my 2 cents on the device.

PMarshall, I have a question for ya that you may or may not be able to answer. How is Cell South on LTE rollout? Do they have a plan and time frame? Also I saw where they have divided up the 700 mhz spectrum so that smaller carriers like Cell South might get left out in the cold again with devices not being able to work on different carriers. It would be a shame if Att and Verizon had all the cool phones again because of chipset limitations. I am asking because I had planned on keeping the Droid until LTE rolled out and was hoping my next phone would be LTE capable. If it is not going to happen for awhile I may not wait.... Thanks for your help!!!

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Hey everyone, hope you had a great weekend. LTE would be great, I was told by a source( not sureif its a good source) that csouth was really wanting to stay up with the times and get LTE...when and how long..not sure. Im not even sure if its a legitimate response but id HOPE csouth does....the bandwidth csouth has is crazy fast its just (underclocked), think of csouths network as an 8 lane highway but only 2 lanes are being used...i know most people would disagree, mainly ones without 3g will beg the differ im sure. This info is soley based on the bandwidth csouth has and the amount of customers using this. Since its only our footprint using it and not nationwide...csouth has more under the hood than whats being shown. LTE would greatly increase speeds but its not needed. If the other highway lanes were opened id put money on it that 3G can be as fast or faster than LTE...that info is coming from a Tower tech (not for csouth but 3rd party company that works on all company towers in the area). The update is very close...i can asure that. I know because i am about to be shown how we will do the update...thats usually a good sign of a release whether its a phone or plan..it measn its close. No date though on release. I have 2.1 on a phone i play with at home and RACERXE is right..not much different...but 2.0 anything is MUCH better than 1.5! haha.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    PM, I know they have been saying soon on the Milestone, any updates on that? Are the phones already in csouths hands (stores?)

Just trying to get a general time frame.

No def not in stores...A date hasnt been said (even if i did know a date i couldnt post it). I wish i could help a lil more with the time frame.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

PIN/ID
    ask
    Ok, I understand your hands are tied. At least I have an idea that we are probably looking at several weeks. Thanks for your help pm.

Yeh id agree with that...several weeks to a month to month and half. Everyone remembers the Tour launch nightmare lol.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

0thundr0 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yeh id agree with that...several weeks to a month to month and half. Everyone remembers the Tour launch nightmare lol.
    I hope they don't hold the 2.1 Hero update until they release the Milestone. I see where HTC released the 2.1 Hero Sprint upgrade today. They need to hurry up. I rooted, and have tried a couple different ROMs. So far they each have something that doesn't work. I'm willing to lose the root for an official update. Come on CSouth!

PIN/ID
    ask
    Ughhh! I hope its not like that again!

Me too!
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    So, marshall, why don't they just open up the other lanes of traffic? Maybe everyone will stop b***hing about their service
    because we are amorphous, we hold that in reverence~ Tite Kubo

You mean like you!? haha jj gets!
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH