Page 47 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

I think I could deal with a Milestone, I still may wait to see what ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

I think I could deal with a Milestone, I still may wait to see what comes next then go from there.
    Last edited by walkintall67; 05-14-2010 at 07:46 PM.

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Awesome..congrats on the ROOT!!!.....VZW sucks..any carrier with a $350 ETF is crazy....talk about trapping customers. Milestones nice but, im waiting as well on the next one....real game changer is not a 800mhz processor....MORE speed please!
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    Awesome..congrats on the ROOT!!!.....VZW sucks..any carrier with a $350 ETF is crazy....talk about trapping customers. Milestones nice but, im waiting as well on the next one....real game changer is not a 800mhz processor....MORE speed please!
    Isnt the Milestones processor underclocked to around 550 mhz? Or will the csouth version be full speed ahead?

oh no....milestone from motorla will be 800mhz..if rooted can be overclocked to 1ghz safely.
    Last edited by pmarshall; 05-14-2010 at 04:10 PM.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

oh no....milestone from motorla will be 800mhz..if rooted can be overclocked to 1ghz safely.
    That easily beats my Tour so I have nothing to lose lol

oh yes!!! tour i "think" is around 600..well over powered
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

PIN/ID
    ask
    So it will be faster than the Verizon version?

Edit: even on Motorolas site it is saying "up to" 600 mhz.

Processor and memoryProcessor TI OMAP3430
    Processor Clock Speed Up to 600 MHz
    RAM 256 MB
    Flash ROM 512 MB
    User Storage Available (max) 256 MB
    Memory Card Type FAT32
    microSDHC, Class 6
    Memory Card Size Supported (max) 32 GB
    I hope you are right! That would be a welcome addition

PIN/ID
    ask
    I have also read that the Milestone (european version) has a slightly modified keyboard versus the US droid. Any word on if CS keyboard will be the same or not?

Even though the Milestone doesn't stand up to newer released phones such as the Desire and Incredible, it is still an impressive phone and has some nice features. We should also remember that Motorola releases updates quick. It would be nice when these new Androids are released from CS if they would give some good deals for existing customers to switch over.
    Last edited by walkintall67; 05-14-2010 at 06:57 PM.

Ok so yall read the milestone has 600 processor....hmm..i thought it was 800...well thats a dissapointment...hero is 528..not much of a diff to 600................i need snapdragon ill pass on milestone def. The milestone i had in my hand was an actual vzw branded one..so ill guess its the same.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

garblicks no está en línea Stack level 4

1st post guys and I'll get right to it. will

cs's game changer have the snap dragon processor or something close to it? I've researched the major differences in all of the latest android phones like many of you have. p.marshall without out right saying so is it very likely highly lightly or not very likely cs will get 2 elite android phones with the milestone being one of the two? thx for any and all info.

Welcome Garblicks!, Gald to have ya! Where ya from? Good reading and picking up on suttle words to. Yes, theres another phone coming but and def not allowed to say.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

garblicks no está en línea Stack level 4

I'm born and raised in mobile alabama.

I've only been with cs a yr. I had the htc touch and I'm downgraded to the snap. I must say its a better phone than I expected. I'm looking to upgrade and have been doing so much research as to what cs is coming out with. just trying to wait their releases out. I pretty much no what I want. ive done everything from youtube vids to stubbling across this site which is a good site all to find that elite android phone I hope is the buzz that's going on in my town. I heard it was the incredible btw. sorry for the long rant guys

No problem Garblicks, we don't mind ranting as long as it's informative ranting lol, we haven't had much ranting going on since the Tour and Hero were released lol

PIN/ID
    ask
    Ok so yall read the milestone has 600 processor....hmm..i thought it was 800...well thats a dissapointment...hero is 528..not much of a diff to 600................i need snapdragon ill pass on milestone def. The milestone i had in my hand was an actual vzw branded one..so ill guess its the same.
    It has been overclocked to 800 by many people, and higher, with no ill effects.

There may not be much diff in the Hero and Droids paper specs (on processor speed), but from the times I have played with both, the Droid is notably faster. The lack of Sense UI makes the diff by most accounts. Well, the lack of a UI in general besides stock.