Page 45 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Android boy..good find..=)... C Spire/Cellular South forum

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

Android boy..good find..=)
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

btompkins0112 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ^^ I agree with pmarshall......just 'cuse the Milestone is coming that doesn't mean that the Hero is crap. In fact, with the 2.1 upgrade, the speed of the Hero should be increased due to the "lightness" of the new build. The only real difference between the Milestone and the Hero is ~200 mhz and a keyboard of questionable usefulness.

Well said btompkins
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

0thundr0 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    Why are your heros crap?
    In the middle of McComb, they swing from 6 bars to no bars. Should have 6 bars all the time. Also, they flip between EVDO and 1x many times a day anywhere in MS. I called and they told me to take them to the store here in McComb, and swap them. I took them, and they told me that they couldn't file a claim, because if I swapped them, and CSouth techs decided there was nothing wrong with them, I would be charged, big time. The Discovery Center person wiped it (without backing up my prefs or data), and told me that to fix the problem with flipping to 1x, she had changed the phone from Hybrid, to EVDO-Only. I didn't get calls or texts for several days. Called CSouth, and they said "Sorry, if you put it on EVDO-Only, you can't get calls and texts, cause they are sent via 1x". If I put the Hero next to any other CSouth Smartphone, they hold service fairly steady, but my 2 Hero's swing badly. Sometimes even getting the dreaded No Service X. To be honesty, it reminds me of my AT&T service with the iPhones.

Quote Originally Posted by btompkins0112 View Post
    In fact, with the 2.1 upgrade, the speed of the Hero should be increased due to the "lightness" of the new build.
    I hope you're right with the 2.1 build...if we can get it anytime soon. Rooting this Hero is definately a task.

WOW, im sorry to hear that..i understand the frusteration. Maybe, jusy maybe..the 2.1 will help. The dcs there didnt restore your numbers for you?
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

WOW, im sorry to hear that..i hear ya on that. Maybe, jusy maybe..the 2.1 will help. The dcs there didnt restore your numbers for you?
    Nope. And during the process of her setting it back up, it synced with my Google Contacts and wiped them out. Luckily I had exported them the week before on my computer. Lost my bookmarks, SMS Messages, Custom Scenes, etc. I am going to try again this week to root. My card just doesn't want to work as a Gold Card. Need to pick up a diffrent one.

Sms, bookmarks, custom scenes are hard to back up in store but numbers...theres no excuse. Those are absolutly saveable. For 1, google backs them up and once you sign back into google...google sends numbers back to phone..no issues there. 2, we have a machine that removes the numbers and we can reinstall them. No reason you should have lost your contacts unless you didnt know your google info and you were locked out of your phone, thats the only reason you could lose your numbers. Apps for the most part are free and the ones that are purchased can be gotten back by the dev most of the time.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Still looking for the true game changer

pound24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by 0thundr0 View Post
    In the middle of McComb, they swing from 6 bars to no bars. Should have 6 bars all the time. Also, they flip between EVDO and 1x many times a day anywhere in MS. I called and they told me to take them to the store here in McComb, and swap them. I took them, and they told me that they couldn't file a claim, because if I swapped them, and CSouth techs decided there was nothing wrong with them, I would be charged, big time. The Discovery Center person wiped it (without backing up my prefs or data), and told me that to fix the problem with flipping to 1x, she had changed the phone from Hybrid, to EVDO-Only. I didn't get calls or texts for several days. Called CSouth, and they said "Sorry, if you put it on EVDO-Only, you can't get calls and texts, cause they are sent via 1x". If I put the Hero next to any other CSouth Smartphone, they hold service fairly steady, but my 2 Hero's swing badly. Sometimes even getting the dreaded No Service X. To be honesty, it reminds me of my AT&T service with the iPhones.
    i rooted my hero and i have 3g all the time. my brother has a hero unrooted and when he has 1x i have 3g

Thats great info pound..congrats on the root!! let us know how root life is for ya!
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Walkin, we might be waiting a while..hahahahaha jj
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Little off topic but were alone here in this thread so i don't see why we cant stray off key a few times. Anyone here into photography and have a semi serious DSLR? If so what equipment do you have?
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Quote Originally Posted by pound24 View Post
    i rooted my hero and i have 3g all the time. my brother has a hero unrooted and when he has 1x i have 3g
    Thanks for the info. That gives me hope. What ROM are you using, and have you roamed outside of MS with it? Going to Disney next month. Sure would suck to root, and have no connection in FL for a week. Also, did everyone see where the Verizion HTC Eris is now having 2.1 rolled out OTA to it? Let's hope this puts a little fire under CSouth to get the Hero update out.

Little off topic but were alone here in this thread so i don't see why we cant stray off key a few times. Anyone here into photography and have a semi serious DSLR? If so what equipment do you have?
    I have a Canon XTi. Love it. Mine takes the Compact Flash cards. Wish it took the SD like the newer models. I will look after work and get you some exact specs on my lenses and flash.