Page 43 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Hey, everybody. Been outta the loop. Illness in the family. I notice that no one ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

Phyl1225 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Hey, everybody. Been outta the loop. Illness in the family. I notice that no one is saying much about the BBs. Son got an 8530, and I don't see much difference between that and my old 8330 other than the lack of a camera flash. Am I missing something? Daughter wants a new phone. Droid or BB?

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Ok lets clear it up..i may be reading it wrong but lets get it straight...the Droid is the milestone...when we speak of the droid on here and any affiliation to csouth..its the milestone..milestone is droid and vise versa. lol My write up of my opinion of the Droid keyboard...is the same for milestone. Walkin...the droid is cdma not gsm is why i posted that comment. It seemed you were saying the droid was gsm..correct me if i read it wrong, but the motorla droid/milestone is only cdma. =)
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

ALL BB ARE THE SAME lol.....thats why i left them...same phone..diff shell.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Yeah, if my using milestone caused any confusion, I apologize. I think we all get the interchangability of the names.

I was simply curious if In my situation where I want a keyboard with android, if the milestone/droid would be my best bet with CS, IF in fact they do get it. Or if you could hint, I know you cant say, if another keyboard having phone with android was in the pipe that might be better.

Again, not wanting to get you in trouble

My honest opinion would be go into vzw and type on the keyboard..for me it turned me off completly from the phone. i had a hard time getting the top row of key, now let me get clear byt what i mean, Yes i could get the keys with no proble..but it def slowed my flow of the sentence which i cannot stand..i like flow and consistance when i type..the bb keyboards are awesomefor flow i will give them that. The flow on the Hero i had issues with but now its easy. The slide on the milestone is an issue for me because it seems the slide should have slid more up to allow fingers a lil better. The D-pad is taking up valuable finger space as well. It is located on the right hand side and i had to reach across with my right thumb to locate the keys, i have average size hands for a guy and i know a lady with smaller hands "might" have an issue. The only way i could find to type on the phone was to actually hold the phone on the bottom with both hands which was uncomfortable. Holding a phone in the hands and being ablel to hold it on each end it more comfortable...to me. Im def going to wait for the "next" phone...which will be worth it
    These are my opinions and in no way are to discourage users from trying this device.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post
    Yeah, if my using milestone caused any confusion, I apologize. I think we all get the interchangability of the names.

I was simply curious if In my situation where I want a keyboard with android, if the milestone/droid would be my best bet with CS, IF in fact they do get it. Or if you could hint, I know you cant say, if another keyboard having phone with android was in the pipe that might be better.

Again, not wanting to get you in trouble
    As of right now to my knowledge there isnt any other androinds for cdma with a physical keyboard...but im the say way you are..i want a physical keyboard...like the g1 which is my fav!
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

PIN/ID
    ask
    Thanks for your response. I will probably wait for the next couple of releases and make my decision.

The Devour is a CDMA android with a physical keyboard, but if I am not mistaken, it is a step down from the milestone/droid

Id have to agree...its a step down but its got a great keyboard.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Perfect phone IMO...3.7-4.0 screen with a physical keyboard(G1-ish style, or sidekick) with snapdragon and android!
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Oh and 2.2 OS
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    Perfect phone IMO...3.7-4.0 screen with a physical keyboard(G1-ish style, or sidekick) with snapdragon and android!
    Basically the Moto Shadow? lol.

I agree, got to have a large touch screen and a keyboard. To be perfect anyway. A large touch screen (bigger than hero), and I may can deal with it. That was one of my big problems.

rod1906 no está en línea Stack level 3
    pmarshall....if the Motorola Droid/Milestone is the first phone to be released this Summer, is the other mystery Droid type phone going to be released alongside of it? Furthermore, do you know whether Android 2.1 will come with any of them? Oh, I happened to stumble upon an android site a few days ago, and saw where Cellular South has plans to offer the HTC Legend! Don't know the validity of this but I hope it's true! Also a few android sites are saying definitely that the HTC Desire is coming to CellSouth. I think that they are confusing CellSouth with U.S. Cellular, for they are supposedly testing that phone before release for U.S. Cellular this summer. Either way, I hope that there's an HTC Android coming with the Motorola. That's what I want my first smartphone to be is an HTC!

Hey Rod...not sure about the 2.1. The Droid...have they released 2.1 for it yet or are they still sending out patch fixes for 2.0? The legend..????? the Desire...??? i cant say..i wish i could and be the first to tell yall but everyone knows i cannot say. I cansay this..its a phone thats out somewhere in the world and is VERY nice. Sorry i cant say more...=(
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    I like the new little sticker you have there Marshall.
    because we are amorphous, we hold that in reverence~ Tite Kubo

Pretty cool huh ...seenit this morning...mods hooked me up!
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH