Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Good question Scantron...Im my past i have seen this and the issue with non carrier ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

Good question Scantron...Im my past i have seen this and the issue with non carrier specific devices are warranty and Customer Service on it. Customers normally wouldnt have any help for it on trouble shooting or warranty issues, not to mention no insurance. So unless something changes id say Csouth wouldnt jump on board with this one...but il love to check one out! lol
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

TheScantronman no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    Good question Scantron...Im my past i have seen this and the issue with non carrier specific devices are warranty and Customer Service on it. Customers normally wouldnt have any help for it on trouble shooting or warranty issues, not to mention no insurance. So unless something changes id say Csouth wouldnt jump on board with this one...but il love to check one out! lol

Well I would think that in this case, the warranty/support would be on Google's end. Cellular South would only really diagnose network issues (once that determination is made). Whether or not they'd want to train Discover Center associates on other devices than their own would be something they'd have to talk about, for sure, but again, Google would be the ones doing most of the training. And the people who'd buy it and shop it around to different carriers would be the ones who would probably need the least support in terms of training with the device anyway. And given that Android is fairly standard across the board, the DC reps could be able to handle at least baseline support with the device.

CS could just have the customer sign an agreement saying that since this is not a Cellular South "certified" device, any support would only be on a best effort basis w/ no guarantees and that any hardware matters should be taken up with the manufacturer.

I agree but just because one signs a waiver of no support doesnt mean customers wouldnt complaine or want customer service they can drive to and get one on one help with. Android is easy..its the same..you either have Sence or ya dont...so training on these will be easy..as a DCS i dont see a problem. We sell Dell comps but did you know Dell make pretty nice cell phones? we wont sell due to no support..there are many many cell phone companies that make phones but are not sold in reatail locations solely due to not being able to help a customer on situations. It would be easy to tell customers to call that particular company but all in all its not good customer service in the eyes of the cell phone company.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Ethan1006 no está en línea Stack level 3
    No problem on the file expoler info.

And for the non carrier phones that can be found now a days they are mostly for gsm due to just changing the sim in and out of a phone is so easy. Tho buying one of those phones is exspencive because of the no contract on the phone. Not sure if I would go that rough again doing as I lost so much money last time I bought a phone like that. The screen went out and all I could do was replace it myself, more money and work I had to do. If the manufacturers will help with things like warranty and repairs services than maybe but that's a big maybe for that kinda money.

1900th post..yayy
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Congratulations on 1900, Marshall. You stay on the internet way to much. Lol. Jk. I hope to be like you and get to help so much that I can say i have as many post helping others.

Hey, phyls. You out there? Haven't seen much of you.

dmchance no está en línea Stack level 3
    Dm...update your device for us.
    Done...

awesome! DM..thanks ethan! awesome compliment!
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

asmith001 no está en línea Stack level 3
    After over a week with the Motorola Droid, I must say, it's a very nice device. The main things I like about it are the larger screen and Android 2.0 with Google Maps Nav. Also, the 3G coverage has been much better than I expected.

The screen, I can deal with. Android 2.0, I can wait. The idea of a physical keyboard is nice, but not this particular one. I'm not willing to sacrifice a sleek device, for hardware with moving parts. I'm not willing to sacrifice a much more aesthetically pleasing UI, or the plan pricing of Cellular South. And the 3G speeds (which the Verizon rep really hyped up to be much better the CS) isn't even what I would call 'noticably different'.

All in all, I couldn't be happier with my Hero on Cellular South... even when compared to the '2009 Device of the Year' on 'The Network".
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Anyone noticed that lately, reception in Alabama has dropped considerably? Even some of the rural areas around Mississippi seem weaker. I have noticed this on my 3 personal lines, and all of our business lines. Has somethng changed?
    I heard a rumor (probably not true) that Verizon no longer grants c south roaming in the alabama area, and from when i heard this to when we started having reception issues the time frame fits.
    I have also heard that dialing *228 fixes the issue.

gnohra no está en línea Stack level 3
    Do you see 1XEV or 1xev?
    The Hero said "Ev" I think.. the morning after I posted, it started going from Ev to 1x and back.. I was out of town for two nights, and now I'm back and it just says 1x..

dmchance no está en línea Stack level 3
    Great comparisons... I had the opportunity to play with the Droid for a day. I too was not that impressed. I don't think I could ever trade the great rate plans with CS and my Hero for the Droid.

On another note... I have been searching for an app that would automatically let the phone return to the home screen after a call instead of staying on the call log. I have accidently called several people back because the phone didn't switch screens. I found "Not Call Log" in the market that fixes this. It has preferences to return the screen to any program or your home screen. Fixed my issue. Check it out if you don't like the phone staying on the call log after a call.

I have am fortunate to not have had that problem. Living on the coast, we pretty much keep decent coverage. I read on a Sprint forum about updating the PRL to get better coverage on the Hero. I'm not sure if it applies to CS or not. Maybe PM can shed some light on this.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; HTC Hero Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1 CSOUTH-6200

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Well, my coverage at home is great, but we do alot of work in alabama, where a week or so ago we generally had coverage. I updated the PRL on several of them to test. We will see.

fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3
    What has changed in the Cleveland area? It seems the tower is not able to handle all the new data phones coming online.

Before the Tour and Hero was out I was getting up to 1.4mbit, sometimes higher throughput, but typically around 765k. Now i get around 256k if I am lucky. I actually now typically get a higher upload throughput than download. Also, getting a data connection can be frustrating at times... Ever since the Tour and Hero came out I can tell a definite difference with the data network. Making a data connection takes at least twice as long as before, and today at lunch I could not make one a all. Right now I would rather go back to a dependable 1x connection than this iffy 3g connection.

Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast