Page 32 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

hey everone.. heard a rumor today that when i go to upgrade after one year ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

albrownlee89 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

hey everone.. heard a rumor today that when i go to upgrade after one year into a two year contract i get charged a $100 fee? Is this true? Used to I could upgrade after one year for only $36 extra. I need to desperately upgrade.. stuck with the htc diamond and it SUCKS!!! help.....

cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you signed a new contract after Feb of 09 then yes we are prorated on the contracts now and get $15 off for every month we keep it so total for a smart phone is $360 so upgrade at a year and its half that $180 to upgrade.

btompkins0112 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Marshall........have you had any luck rooting your Hero?? I PM'ed a guy on XDA from Hattiesburg who said he could talk me through it. I'll let you know if I get it done........

0thundr0 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by btompkins0112 View Post
    Marshall........have you had any luck rooting your Hero?? I PM'ed a guy on XDA from Hattiesburg who said he could talk me through it. I'll let you know if I get it done........
    If you Root it, you will have to give us some directions for dummies. In the past, I have modded Motorola Razr's, Jailbroken iPhones and put Mod Chips in XBox's back when you had to solder all the wires, but that list of steps for Rooting the Hero on the XDA website intimidates me.

Quote Originally Posted by 0thundr0 View Post
    If you Root it, you will have to give us some directions for dummies. In the past, I have modded Motorola Razr's, Jailbroken iPhones and put Mod Chips in XBox's back when you had to solder all the wires, but that list of steps for Rooting the Hero on the XDA website intimidates me.
    I am with you on that........I am used to messing around with BB's, and I did jailbreak an iPhone once. That is why I hunted down an XDA guy in MS to help me. I'll let y'all know how it pans out.

rod1906 no está en línea Stack level 3
    pmarshall:

HTC Touch Pro 2 going to ever materialize at CSouth? Also, are they getting anymore Androids anytime soon? It just seems as if it takes forever for a descent phone to surface here.

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    According to Android Central no updates will be given for the Hero until after June, at the earliest. Please don't hit me for that lol

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Hey everyone, sorry i have been slow in responses, im not getting my notifacations. YES iw ill be attempting this root onthe hero ASAP...i feel ya on the "last step" part of the root haha. Ill be happy to "attempt" a walkthrough. Yes, csouth now prorates upgrades. Yes, csouth will DEF be getting more androids! Just have to wait and see what is it. jailbreaking Iphones are CAKE compared to android. Geohot has made the jailbreak soooooo easy for iphone. Android is completely diff, your basically rewriting Lenux to get this done, byt using Terminal to write codes. The process in the rooting where it calles for a Gold Card is basically formating a SD card for FAT32 conversion and is caonfusing for sure! lol Ill help IF I CAN GET IT DONE.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

albrown, lol, i tried to warn you about the diamond didnt i. lol
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Yeh i read about the updates, bad thing is we wont get it til sometime then, good thing is noone else is right now so we def wont be last...i hope!
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I keep waiting for someone to suggest what CS will release next. I keep looking on Android Central and some of the upcoming releases make me drool lol

^^ I am with you on that.....all these N1's, Desires, Incredibles, Evos, Thunders, Legends......etc. are making my Hero look kinda shabby. I am hoping to root this weekend and flash either Flipz or Aloyisius ROMS from XDA. I hear that they make the Hero blazing fast!! I don't use sense, so mine has little to no lag as is, but at least I'll get Google Nav......and maybe sense 2.1 will be fast.

asmith001 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I tried rooting, but got stuck at the Gold Card creation. I created it about 10 times on two different cards, double checking my steps over and over. I could not get a successful Gold Card created. I'm assuming it's the cards I was using. I know for sure that the 2GB card will work from someone else I know, but I gave mine away because I already had 2 4GB cards that were different brands. Anyway, I'm going to try another card soon. I'll try to let you guys know how it goes. I'll definitely post my results on twitter when I try.
    ---\ Pearl 8130 » Rooted HTC Hero » Rooted Galaxy S Showcase /---

asmith..i will be working on my root today...will let you know if i sucessfully make a gold card....did you get the card to convert to fat32?? where exactly did it hang up?
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

asmith001 no está en línea Stack level 3
    As far as I could tell, it was created successfully. But, when I tried to boot the phone with the gold card in place, I got an error that said, "not key card".
    ---\ Pearl 8130 » Rooted HTC Hero » Rooted Galaxy S Showcase /---