Page 29 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Originally Posted by tarawa Hi all, I'm relatively new to CS - about 3 months ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

0thundr0 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by tarawa View Post
    Hi all, I'm relatively new to CS - about 3 months now. I have the Hero along with unlimited texts. for the most part, texting is fine, however, I have unable to send texts to a lot of short codes. Facebook works, not not Mafia Wars (62342). Also tried 698698 (NYTimes) and 67622 (MNSBC) with no joy. I can receive from them, but can't reply. I get the following error: "Cause Code: 96, Error Class: 2". I called customer service on Saturday but was on hold for about 40 minutes and had to go. Is this a CSouth network limitation or is it something with my phone?
    As far as I know, CSouth has never supported Short Codes. In 10+ years with them I have never gotten one to work.

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Cell South does support some short codes. That's how the TextDCS app works, I believe. And Ethan just sent me a text via his email and I replied to the short code that it sent me.

I think it was 6245 or something like that.
    because we are amorphous, we hold that in reverence~ Tite Kubo

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    I was just told we DO support short codes....but how far to take that grain of salt..i do not know.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

tarawa no está en línea Stack level 1
    I got through to customer service and they opened a Trouble Ticket for this and said they should get back to me within the next day or two. The rep did say that there should be no reason why I can't send to them, so hopefully this can be cleared up.

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by tarawa View Post
    Hi all, I'm relatively new to CS - about 3 months now. I have the Hero along with unlimited texts. for the most part, texting is fine, however, I have unable to send texts to a lot of short codes. Facebook works, not not Mafia Wars (62342). Also tried 698698 (NYTimes) and 67622 (MNSBC) with no joy. I can receive from them, but can't reply. I get the following error: "Cause Code: 96, Error Class: 2". I called customer service on Saturday but was on hold for about 40 minutes and had to go. Is this a CSouth network limitation or is it something with my phone?
    Try to add a dash between the code and the word. For example, to text the word "vote" to 5702, you enter the telephone number in the "To" field. Enter 5702-Vote in the subject field and send. This worked for me in a class where the instructor was using an instant poll application. They said for Cell South add a dash in between the code and word. Just a thought.

0thundr0 no está en línea Stack level 3
    So, I'm sitting at lunch and my Coke Zero label has "Text Cap Code to 844778" on it. I tried every different way I could think, and it never would go through. It is funny that I have rarely seen or used Short Codes in the past. Since it was brought up in here, it seems like I see them alot more often. Oh well, back to waiting for the HERO 2.1 update.

lol...when i donated money to American Red Cross..it took it, and i was telling people how to do it 20 or 30 times a day for a few days...weird they wont work now.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Androidboy no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    Lol, hows this for everyone..lol..ive been told its passing testing but has a few bugs and htc is fixing them as we speak. No date though...all carriers are taking their time on the release due to a few bugs and needing to be fixed. I got so frusterated at one point i tried all 3 ways to ROOT my hero...but failed all 3..i think the kernal we have isnt rootable yet...makes me sad.
    Hey Everyone, FWIW I was in a C South store today and asked about the 2.1 update and was told "by June 2010 the update will be out."

cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    By the time we see 2.1 everyone else will be gearing up for 3.0

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am sold on Android 2.1

Android 2.1 is awesome...and the apps theymake for it in the market are nice! as for the "June" rumor, i wouldnt ever go with a date, everyone who waited on the hero and Tour knows dates arent to taken literally..lol. Basically forget about 2.1 and one day..youll get it and it will be a nice surprise ha.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Androidboy no está en línea Stack level 2
    How will we (hero users) know when we get 2.1? Duon't mean to ask a dumb question. Thanks

Thats a goodf question...normally updates come in 3 ways...either OTA (over the air), update you perform at home, or come to store and we do it. Im not sure how Csouth will notify customers to be honest...id guess all ways...email text facebook twitter ect.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I think I'm gonna pick up a Hero soon, found this on Phandroid: ( Please read carefully and hopefully you get you're updates very soon)
    Ask and you shall most definitely receive. We’ve been wondering about the status of HTC’s 2.1 update coming for their Sense-enabled Hero phones for a while now. They confirmed it was coming, but talks about a release window have been quiet. ThisAndroidLife pinged HTC and, to their surprise, received a response that gave us a pretty solid timeframe.

“Some of the phones in our Android line up including your Hero are due to receive an upgrade, and it is scheduled to be released starting at the end of April. Your phone should be upgraded Over-The-Air. You can expect a pop-up message on your phone when connected to the internet once it is ready. When the upgrade is ready, we will notify you via our website and on various social media networks including Twitter and Face book”
    The end of April isn’t as descriptive as some of you might like, but at least it gives you a good idea of when to expect this (hint: it’s not mid-April). I guess a quick question can go a long way in giving an answer to thousands of people waiting to get up to speed with Android.
    We’ll keep a close eye on HTC for when they do announce that the OTA will be available and we’ll notify you ASAP.
    [Update]: For now, this only applies to European Heroes, but I suspect that – due to the phones being so similar – other regions won’t be far off, either.
    Last edited by walkintall67; 04-15-2010 at 10:44 AM.

saltforkman no está en línea Stack level 1
    Concerning the Android 2.1 release, I would not count on what the HTC guys are telling you. I have found that when I have talked with HTC directly, you get a very low level answer. Also, even if HTC is releasing the upgrade at the end of this month, that does not mean that Cellular South will allow it to be released to us at that time. Cellular South has a history of very carefully and SLOWLY examining new software and devices, so be prepared for it to take longer than the end of April.

When I talked to my very high level contact at CS they told me to expect it by the end of June.