Page 27 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

^^ csouth just bought Corr Wireless in Alabama, and in their press release they stated ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

btompkins0112 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

^^ csouth just bought Corr Wireless in Alabama, and in their press release they stated that the acquisition would position them to launch an LTE network covering Alabama and Mississippi. If they roll this out soon, they could partner with Verizon so Verizon would use csouth's LTE towers in the area in exchange of the nationwide LTE roaming on Verizons towers. This would definitely help defray the costs associated with the transition.

I would say that with the success of the Hero/Android for csouth they would definitely bring a phone like the Incredible to the network once LTE was up and running.

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Nice!..i hioe this all happens....csouth bought core about 2 months ago..good move for us so we cover AL. I wouldnt mind seeing the Supersonic here...I have the HD2..love it...i only wish it was on 3G network..2G sucks...
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

I read that 2.1 has been delayed by htc...hopefully for not long. 1.5 is getting realllllllly old!
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

What is csouth's policy on unlocked phones such as the Nexus One? When they release the unlocked Nexus One for Verizon could you take it to a csouth store and have them hook it up? I am new to csouth and a long time at&t guy, so I used to being able to use unlocked phones......

0thundr0 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    I read that 2.1 has been delayed by htc...hopefully for not long. 1.5 is getting realllllllly old!
    Have you had issues with your Hero's signal levels going up and down, and up and down badly. The signal quality on my two Hero's seems awful right next to other CSouth phones. I'm talking City and Rural areas in SW MS. I was in Brandon this weekend and they were swinging. Even lost internet a couple of times. 6 to 1, to 3, to 1, to 6 Bars. It reminds me of one of the big reasons I gave up my iPhone 3GS and came back to CSouth.

As for 2.1 being delayed, I surely hope not. 1.5 sucks!

^^ I live in Brandon/work in Jackson, and I have noticed behavior like you have described; however, I cannot say that it has affected the operation of my phone. I have never dropped a call, lost internet, etc. like I often did with my iPhone on at&t. It is disconcerting to see low bars, but I can say that even when I have 1-2 bars my browsing speed seems unaffected.

It will be interesting to see if the software update is piggy-backed on a service update that fixes the issue.

Its def been delayed...but...hopefully not for long. I hate 1.5 lol. As for signal strength...they may have been working on the towers in the area, no telling actually, or even could have been and intermitant issue thats being looked at. 3RD post i see..glad to see you posting in here now...we def welcome you!
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

rod1906 no está en línea Stack level 3
    pmarshall.......I would love for you to send me a picture of the Zagg Shield on the HTC Hero. Thanks! My e-mail is roderick@alcorn.edu. By the way, do you know how soon it may be before the HTC Touch Pro 2 comes? I'm torn between the Hero and that phone.

tarawa no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by 0thundr0 View Post
    Have you had issues with your Hero's signal levels going up and down, and up and down badly. The signal quality on my two Hero's seems awful right next to other CSouth phones. I'm talking City and Rural areas in SW MS. I was in Brandon this weekend and they were swinging. Even lost internet a couple of times. 6 to 1, to 3, to 1, to 6 Bars. It reminds me of one of the big reasons I gave up my iPhone 3GS and came back to CSouth.

As for 2.1 being delayed, I surely hope not. 1.5 sucks!
    In fact, just tonight I was talking on my hero and lost the connection twice while sitting on my couch where I normally have 3-4 bars - very annoying. One moment high signal strength followed by low. Also noticed the EV icon going out with nothing, then 1x, then back to EV. Over the past couple of days I've noticed it's been difficult maintaining a constant 3g connection. I'm in Diamondhead, MS btw.

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Oh yea PM, congrats

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've been holding out for a Hero, but I hope Cellular South will eventually get the iPhone since they will be coming out with CDMA models this summer and releasing their exclusivity with AT&T. See article here http://bit.ly/dlhC12. Get your customer service reps trained quick. I'll stick with my old Curve in the meantime.

^^ Good luck......firstly, it won't be released to Verizon till 2011 (if then), and we wouldn't get it till MUCH later. Secondly, we will have the HTC Supersonic and you won't want the iPhone!

saltforkman no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by tarawa View Post
    In fact, just tonight I was talking on my hero and lost the connection twice while sitting on my couch where I normally have 3-4 bars - very annoying. One moment high signal strength followed by low. Also noticed the EV icon going out with nothing, then 1x, then back to EV. Over the past couple of days I've noticed it's been difficult maintaining a constant 3g connection. I'm in Diamondhead, MS btw.
    First, there is something that everyone should learn about signal strength meters on mobile phones of any kind, and that is that your signal strength meter is not the actual connection strength of your connection to the tower. The meter only tells you how strong the "carrier signal" is to your phone. The purpose of a carrier signal is to let the phone know to prepare for a call (send a ringing signal), to communicate with the tower concerning your location, and other simple communications. The "carrier signal" is not used to carry your call or data traffic, and this is why when you see fluctuations in your meter on your device, you will not necessarily see fluctuations in your call quality.

Second, there are all sorts of things in people's homes today that cause signal quality fluctuations. Any and all wireless devices in your home, as well as fluorescent ighting, and even the materials used to build your home can work against signal quality. I would suggest that you switch to WiFi mode on your phone when at your house. The WiFi connection is only active when you are using your phone actively and so it does not drain your battery very much at all. As far as calls getting dropped, you may want to think about what else is going on in your home or neighborhood at the time that may be causing this. Sometimes these things are completely out of your control, but if you see your carrier signal bouncing all over the place, chances are, you are getting some kind of active interference from some other device in your area.

If you continue to have problems, you can open a trouble ticket with Cellular South and they will send a tower technician into the area to see if it is their problem or not.

I hope that some of this helps.

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by btompkins0112 View Post
    ^^ Good luck......firstly, it won't be released to Verizon till 2011 (if then), and we wouldn't get it till MUCH later. Secondly, we will have the HTC Supersonic and you won't want the iPhone!
    Yes, you're probably right. I can't wait that long for a new phone. I'll have to check into the Supersonic. Haven't heard of that one.

Quote Originally Posted by mrholder View Post
    Yes, you're probably right. I can't wait that long for a new phone. I'll have to check into the Supersonic. Haven't heard of that one.
    Sorry, the Supersonic is the Evo 4G.......I meant to say the HTC Incredible, which is rumored to be the LTE version of the Evo for Verizon.