Page 16 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

I don't mean to keep banging the drum on this, but this is the e ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

reubs no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

I don't mean to keep banging the drum on this, but this is the e mail I got from CS customer service this morning:

Thank you for your email.

Sorry, we do not offer "no answer transfer" only call forwarding.

If there is anything I can do to be of assistance, please feel free to email me at askus@cellularsouth.com.

Thank You for Choosing Cellular South.
    So exactly how are y'all getting Google Voice to work? Are you simply giving folks your Google Voice number, or are you giving them your CS number and having it routed to GV somehow?

pound24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    What is shapewriter? And is there an app that stops me from hanging up on people with my jaw? Otterbox? Mms? I have chomps installed but can't send mms. What about the update cs is suppose to get?
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; HTC Hero Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1 CSOUTH-6200

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by kylemcdonald87 View Post
    i think they've turned it off
    Is tetherberry still working, or has anyone tried?

Ive got it, but havent used it in a few days. If I can remember Ill test it when I get home this evening.

dmchance no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pound24 View Post
    What is shapewriter? And is there an app that stops me from hanging up on people with my jaw? Otterbox? Mms? I have chomps installed but can't send mms. What about the update cs is suppose to get?
    Shapewriter is a different style of keyboard that you draw lines to the letters instead of typing. I have used it for a week or so now. It has its pros and cons. It is still in the beta phase, so I'm sure the kinks will get worked out. It's in the market.
    Also check out the app Proximity Sensor also in the market. It may help with the hangup issues with your chin.
    Chomp sms, I have no clue about because I use Handcent. I don't use mms. If I need to send pics, I send via email. I send pics this way all the time, and have never had any problems.
    I am still waiting for Otterbox to come out with a case. I love their products, and hope the come out with one soon!
    As far as the "official" update to 2.1 goes, I do not think that it has been released to any carriers yet. There was a debate on another forum as to why it had not been released. I am thinking that it was because Google wanted it on the Nexus One for a little while to give that device a little more exclusive appeal. You, me and a few hundred thousand more people are waiting for for that update to be released. Sometime between now and June 30.

Hope this helps you a little.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; HERO200 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

albrownlee89 no está en línea Stack level 2

tethering

I have tried my tethering with htc and it DOESN'T work. I heard that cellular south blocked it because several of my friends have theirs tethered and it is not working. This really bites. I pay for unlimited EVERYTHING!!! I used it for my online college classes as well.. ugh!!!!

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Hey everyone...everyone everywhere are seeing the tethering issue. Even though you pay for everything...everyone knows that csouth doesnt offer or promote tethering..just keep that in mind. Tethering slows down data for other people in surrounding areas so therfore it slows data speed wayy down.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

pm me if anyone is looking for a curve.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

saltforkman no está en línea Stack level 1

Tethering

My tethering is still working, but I am sure that will change in the near future. I have about 20 employees that were using tethering before CS started blocking it, and at this time I am the only person in my company that is still able to use it.

I have heard rumors that CS is starting to do this because they are going to start offering it as a pay service. CS was the only wireless company that I knew of that was still allowing tethering, without having to pay extra for it.

To address PM Marshall's concerns about speeds being affected for other users, I am sure that this is possible, but I do not believe this is why CS made the change. I believe the change came about because CS has wanted to do this for a long time, but in the past has not been able to block it. With the release of the Android phones they were needing a way to protect the bandwidth that was needed for the load on the towers that was coming. For all of your Android users out there, you know what I mean, I would bet that you use your data far more now than you ever did before. This is the problem that AT&T has had with the iPhone. They just did not prepare their network for the kind of data load that would come from a fully internet optimized device.

saltforkman no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by reubs View Post
    I don't mean to keep banging the drum on this, but this is the e mail I got from CS customer service this morning:

So exactly how are y'all getting Google Voice to work? Are you simply giving folks your Google Voice number, or are you giving them your CS number and having it routed to GV somehow?
    I just talked to CS to get the correct name of this service. I knew that they had the service because I use it and so do a few of my employees. The name that CS uses "forward on no answer" is "renumber". I hope that this helps.

kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by saltforkman View Post
    My tethering is still working, but I am sure that will change in the near future. I have about 20 employees that were using tethering before CS started blocking it, and at this time I am the only person in my company that is still able to use it.

I have heard rumors that CS is starting to do this because they are going to start offering it as a pay service. CS was the only wireless company that I knew of that was still allowing tethering, without having to pay extra for it.

To address PM Marshall's concerns about speeds being affected for other users, I am sure that this is possible, but I do not believe this is why CS made the change. I believe the change came about because CS has wanted to do this for a long time, but in the past has not been able to block it. With the release of the Android phones they were needing a way to protect the bandwidth that was needed for the load on the towers that was coming. For all of your Android users out there, you know what I mean, I would bet that you use your data far more now than you ever did before. This is the problem that AT&T has had with the iPhone. They just did not prepare their network for the kind of data load that would come from a fully internet optimized device.
    if they were concerned about the load on the towers why did they start offering the usb modems and a 5GB/month cap?

Quote Originally Posted by kylemcdonald87 View Post
    if they were concerned about the load on the towers why did they start offering the usb modems and a 5GB/month cap?

because there are way less users with that data card than pda users.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Quote Originally Posted by saltforkman View Post

Great assumptions but i def do not agree totally...mainly on the blocking part...they have always been able to block, been doing it for years even way before 3g(spoke to someone about it today). Its def not due to all the android users tethering because technically the tethering option on the hero is not useable (although other methods are available) this however brings up all the Winmo phones we sell...which is a ton! The htc diamond, touch pro, pro, 6800 and the new snap all have tethering built in out of the box ready to go...so there are many many people tethering. Csouth def has all control over what happens. I dont think its solely due to heros but i do agree hero has a great deal in it. I personally agree data speeds have slowed way down due to the hero sales for example, here in gulfport its extreamly slow now, pandora has a hard time buffering now. I have made this clear to whom is in charge of the towers here and hopefully they have a solution soon. Great ideas and write up kyle, heres my 2cents too.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

rod1906 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I just recently read about how good the Nexus One is. It appears to be as good a phone as the Hero. Will Cellular South ever get the Nexus One? Also, about how much longer, before Android 2.1 comes to the Hero? By the way, will Android 2.1 improve battery life for the HTC Hero?

Nexus one is almost in every way better than hero..if you were to root it and add sence ui to it....it would dominate the hero. No word what so ever on any new androids..hero is still selling like crazy...until it slows im sure there wont be much android action. 2.1 is coming soon...i have a date but am DEF NOT sharing..i remember the whole tour and hero date situation and will not say a date..sorry. Be patient..im having to be also so no 2.1 love for me either.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Everyone should go to pinstack home...watch the vid of bb magnum with touch screen full physical keyboard...its being said it wont make production...but bad *** idea!
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH