Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

i think they've turned it off... C Spire/Cellular South forum

kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

i think they've turned it off

rod1906 no está en línea Stack level 3
    pmarshall:

I couldn't help but noticed that you said some impressive new android devices were coming. Are they coming to CellSouth? If so which ones are they? Also, is the HTC Touch Pro2 or Diamond 2 coming to CellSouth? I got the LG Spyder II, but I will trade it in if any one of the new androids or HTCs become available!

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    So... Who dat say they gonna beat dem Saint?!

We're goin to the Super Bowl!!!!!!!! WHO DAT!!!!

reubs no está en línea Stack level 1

Still no answer for Google Voice compatibility?

I asked earlier, but it's gotten swallowed by a page change. I can't get any straight answers from Cellular South about whether they offer a service like "No Answer Transfer". That seems to be the only way to get Google Voice to work w/ CS, and it's kind of a bummer that they'll carry Android phones but not support other Google services.

Thanks for any help folks can offer about this!

So I wonder how many people we're calling their families to make the service dip for a couple hours.

saltforkman no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by reubs View Post
    I asked earlier, but it's gotten swallowed by a page change. I can't get any straight answers from Cellular South about whether they offer a service like "No Answer Transfer". That seems to be the only way to get Google Voice to work w/ CS, and it's kind of a bummer that they'll carry Android phones but not support other Google services.

Thanks for any help folks can offer about this!
    They do offer this service. You just have to call into a customer service representative and ask for them to forward any of your unanswered calls to your Google Voice number. You will also want to have them disable your voice mail on your phone. A few of my employees use this feature and they love it.

saltforkman no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by saltforkman View Post
    The issue with Google Voice on Cellular South's network has to do with whether or not your device's home switch is a Lucent switch or a Nortel switch. If you are on Lucent switch the calls are blocked because GVoice puts a "+1" in front of any number that is dialed out. The Lucent switch has issues with knowing what to do with the +1 and so the call will not complete. (If you are on a BlackBerry, GVoice works either way, because BlackBerry's remove the "+1"). It is only outbound calls that are effected, so there there should be no issues with getting inbound calls on the HTC's.

As an FYI - I got word from Cellular South this morning that they expect the Lucent switches to be updated by mid January 2010.
    I just wanted to give an update on this issue. I am not sure if Cellular South has updated its Lucent switches yet, but the problem has been solved with the most recent version of Google Voice for this device (0.3.0). The "+1" is no longer included on outgoing calls and so I have now been up and running on Google Voice for a few weeks now. I would suggest that if you are using this, that you shut your CSouth voice mail off and set up your "no answer call forwarding", so that any calls you miss go directly to your google voice mailbox.

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by rod1906 View Post
    pmarshall:

I couldn't help but noticed that you said some impressive new android devices were coming. Are they coming to CellSouth? If so which ones are they? Also, is the HTC Touch Pro2 or Diamond 2 coming to CellSouth? I got the LG Spyder II, but I will trade it in if any one of the new androids or HTCs become available!
    Hey Rod, yes there are TONS of awesome androids coming but unfortunaly they are all for GSM. Csouth has not mentioned anything about any new ones at this time, but it was said to me that we will have a line of androids from all makers, just not sure when. Im sure as long as Hero sales are through the roof..csouth will not release anymore and that just makes "SENCE" hahahaha pun attended.Htc has one called supersonic and ill have it! nexus one..ill have soon! lol...both have 1GHZ processors and huge internal mem. The supersonic has multi touch where the nexus does not, also the nexus does not have Sence UI..the supersonic does. I cant wait for the supersonic honestly.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

reubs no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by saltforkman View Post
    They do offer this service. You just have to call into a customer service representative and ask for them to forward any of your unanswered calls to your Google Voice number. You will also want to have them disable your voice mail on your phone. A few of my employees use this feature and they love it.
    Thanks for the info; I've tried asking them about it before, but they don't seem to know what I'm talking about. I'll try again today. Is there an extra fee if I have the Smart Phone Unlimited plan, or is it a pretty standard offering from them?

asmith001 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by reubs View Post
    Thanks for the info; I've tried asking them about it before, but they don't seem to know what I'm talking about. I'll try again today. Is there an extra fee if I have the Smart Phone Unlimited plan, or is it a pretty standard offering from them?
    I think it will cost you $1.50 per month. I have this set up, and love it!
    ---\ Pearl 8130 » Rooted HTC Hero » Rooted Galaxy S Showcase /---

dmchance no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ok guys. I must have been under a rock or something lately. What are the advantages of Google Voice over the plan we have now. I hate to be ignorant, so please let me know what the advantages are. I have been too busy to read the forums much lately! Guess I need to catch up.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; HERO200 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

asmith001 no está en línea Stack level 3
    well...

1. I like not having to call in and listen to voicemails
    2. I like being able to just click "play" in GoogleVoice to listen to voicemail (visual voicemail)
    3. GV actually transcribes voicemails into text for you to read, although not always accurate
    4. For my amusement, I can play pranks on people by sending them sms messages from a number they don't recognize, ha.
    ---\ Pearl 8130 » Rooted HTC Hero » Rooted Galaxy S Showcase /---

P1Scream no está en línea Stack level 2
    http://mobile.engadget.com/2010/01/2...-the-big-boys/

Any opinions about what this will mean for us? No roaming?

dmchance no está en línea Stack level 3
    I gotcha. I like the idea of transcribed voicemail. That sounds pretty cool!
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; HERO200 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1