Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 1013
Like Tree2Likes

Scubale, I have an invite for Google Voice if you want it. Just let me ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

  1. #151
    johncpayne's Avatar
    johncpayne no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    52

    Advertisement



    Scubale,
    I have an invite for Google Voice if you want it. Just let me know what your email address is and I will send it to you.

  2. #152
    asmith001's Avatar
    asmith001 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    Anyone been following the Nexus one? the 1GHZ processor is impressive, but they cant decideon whether or not to have Sence ui on it or not.....i think if they dont their making a mistake. Sence ui is so helpful on organizing. I dont have sence on my g1 and want it...all i have to do is flash hero rom on it know but you get what im saying. Im curious on what our next Android will be....anyone have any guesses?
    https://www.google.com/phone/choose?locale=en_US&s7e=

    NexusOne on Verizon & T-Mobile. Sounds like good news to me. The last rumor that I read was AT&T. I assume from this that it has CDMA and GSM capabilities. It also looks like a jab at AT&T/Apple... "Buy the phone without service and insert your own SIM card." Maybe this will be our next Android! I sure hope so... I cant wait 10 months, ha.

    edit: Will an unlocked NexusOne work on the CS network? Anyone know?
    Last edited by asmith001; 01-05-2010 at 05:53 PM.
    ---\ Pearl 8130 » Rooted HTC Hero » Rooted Galaxy S Showcase /---

  3. #153
    pmarshall's Avatar
    pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,085
    An unlocked nexus one..depending on IF the phone is GSM and CDMA....from the info i read it seems there will be diff versions, a GSM and a CDMA version. IF they do make it a "world" type..technically yes it would work but wouldnt be able to get it hooked up on cs network due to it not being a cs phone. The system would notify the rep and the esn change wouldnt go through.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

  4. #154
    Scubale's Avatar
    Scubale no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5
    @johncpayne That would be great, you can send it to dereklea@gmail.com if you don't mind.

  5. #155
    johncpayne's Avatar
    johncpayne no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    52
    @Scubale I just sent the invite.

  6. #156
    asmith001's Avatar
    asmith001 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    An unlocked nexus one..depending on IF the phone is GSM and CDMA....from the info i read it seems there will be diff versions, a GSM and a CDMA version. IF they do make it a "world" type..technically yes it would work but wouldnt be able to get it hooked up on cs network due to it not being a cs phone. The system would notify the rep and the esn change wouldnt go through.
    So there are no exceptions? I think you're going to start seeing a lot more phones being sold like this in the future, unlocked or from manufacturers, etc. I would think that CS would give a user service if they came asking for it, especially if they're not out any money on the front end. Obviously there would need to be some set of user agreements and disclaimers involved stating that they wouldn't troubleshoot and support device related issues, but the idea of refusing monthly income wouldn't make sense to me.

    A CS business rep told me yesterday, "yeah, the verizon one (CDMA) should work (on the CS network) when it comes out."
    ---\ Pearl 8130 » Rooted HTC Hero » Rooted Galaxy S Showcase /---

  7. #157
    pmarshall's Avatar
    pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,085
    Asmith....i totally agree..but think about it...you can walk to verizon and buy a storm, storm2,and even the droid...and they will work on cs, but csouth will not openly activate that phone. There are alot of stipulations when it comes to activating other carrier phones on a diff network. The biggest one would be no customer service. If you were to have an issue with one of those phones and called into cs...they couldnt help you. Trust me...it can be done but everytime a phone is scanned onto csouth...someones name goes beside it..the rep at csouth could def get in trouble, so finding someone to do it will be hard. I totally agree on the part you said about why wouldnt csouth want to act that phone due to not having to sell the customer a phone..essentially its all profit..just doesnt work that way.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

  8. #158
    asmith001's Avatar
    asmith001 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    103
    Yeah, pm, I understand that there are reasons... but from a customer's standpoint, it seems that the good outweighs the bad. Servicing a customer with an unlocked phone would be exceptional customer service. I think, in most cases, a person that is even concerned enough to want a particular unlocked device on a particular network would be the least likely to need "customer service" in terms of troubleshooting the device, etc.

    Anyway, just throwing the idea out there for discussion. I'm not that concerned with it, really. It's not like I have an extra $530 lying around for another smartphone, ha.
    ---\ Pearl 8130 » Rooted HTC Hero » Rooted Galaxy S Showcase /---

  9. #159
    parrotreb's Avatar
    parrotreb no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    28
    Hey guys and gals,

    What is the recommendation for a visor-clip bluetooth speakerphone for the Blackberry Curve and Tour? Preferably one with an ear piece also. Many thanks, best of the best in your new year!

  10. #160
    getsugatensho's Avatar
    getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,194
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    Asmith....i totally agree..but think about it...you can walk to verizon and buy a storm, storm2,and even the droid...and they will work on cs, but csouth will not openly activate that phone. There are alot of stipulations when it comes to activating other carrier phones on a diff network. The biggest one would be no customer service. If you were to have an issue with one of those phones and called into cs...they couldnt help you. Trust me...it can be done but everytime a phone is scanned onto csouth...someones name goes beside it..the rep at csouth could def get in trouble, so finding someone to do it will be hard. I totally agree on the part you said about why wouldnt csouth want to act that phone due to not having to sell the customer a phone..essentially its all profit..just doesnt work that way.
    Lol don't I know it.

  11. #161
    gnohra's Avatar
    gnohra no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    105

    tether (was tetherberry) on sale for $25

    Looks to be on sale through 01/10 - 50% off.

    www.tether.com

  12. #162
    mrholder's Avatar
    mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    433

    Trackball fell out

    This is a relative newbie question, but does anyone have a link to the instructions on putting the trackball back into a Curve 8330? I had a slight drop a few nights ago and the trackball and housing popped out. I put it back in, but this morning, it came out when getting the phone out of my coat pocket. Would insurance cover getting it fixed, if the problem persisted? Thanks.

  13. #163
    asmith001's Avatar
    asmith001 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by mrholder View Post
    This is a relative newbie question, but does anyone have a link to the instructions on putting the trackball back into a Curve 8330? I had a slight drop a few nights ago and the trackball and housing popped out. I put it back in, but this morning, it came out when getting the phone out of my coat pocket. Would insurance cover getting it fixed, if the problem persisted? Thanks.
    Assuming the actual ball is still in its housing, put the housing back in place. I don't think it matters which way. The the ring has three clips in three of the four sides. The side of the ring without the clip goes up, toward the screen. Line it up and press it back into place. Don't force it too hard though, it should snap back in relatively easy. Let me know if you still have trouble... I'll try to locate a video I've seen somewhere. If it keeps coming out easily, one of the clips could be broken. You can pick up a new trackball at CS stores for about $10, but I can't remember if it comes with the ring. I'm sure they will help you out in the store either way.
    ---\ Pearl 8130 » Rooted HTC Hero » Rooted Galaxy S Showcase /---

  14. #164
    getsugatensho's Avatar
    getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,194
    Hey Holder, there should be two little nipples on either side of the assembly. Those two are the left and right. And I think I normally put the metal table that's on bottom facing up.

  15. #165
    asmith001's Avatar
    asmith001 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by getsugatensho View Post
    Hey Holder, there should be two little nipples on either side of the assembly. Those two are the left and right. And I think I normally put the metal table that's on bottom facing up.
    oh yeah, I forgot about those little pieces on the sides.... thanks
    ---\ Pearl 8130 » Rooted HTC Hero » Rooted Galaxy S Showcase /---

Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •