Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

marshall, i have a question about rooting, do the benifites of rooting in anyway out ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

Ethan1006 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

marshall, i have a question about rooting, do the benifites of rooting in anyway out weight the risk of what could (and possible) happen? basiclly why would we want to root besides the being able to put apps on memory card and uping the processer speed and is the speed really wirth the risk? im just curios. i would like to know more about rooting before saying yay or nay to it.

kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    they need to hurry up and get through with this evdo upgrade my signal has been jumping from 1X, 1x, 1xev, 1XEV, EV, ev for about 4 days and is messin up my data... only thing I haven't seen signal wise is 3G or EDGE LOL

dmchance no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    DM get that phone to me and ill install it remember!
    Man, I been really busy lately! Still working on trying to dig up a replacement phone to use for a day.... LOL
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; HTC Hero Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1 CSOUTH-6200

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan1006 View Post
    marshall, i have a question about rooting, do the benifites of rooting in anyway out weight the risk of what could (and possible) happen? basiclly why would we want to root besides the being able to put apps on memory card and uping the processer speed and is the speed really wirth the risk? im just curios. i would like to know more about rooting before saying yay or nay to it.
    First..rooting the hero will not allow us to speed up processor. Only slower phones like g1 and g2. Rooting has benifits yes..but if something happens to your phone...SOL. I wouldnt do it..not yet anyway. Wait for 2.1 and let others play with it first and see if it kills their phones lol.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Ethan1006 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ah, so from what i know so far, it really sounds like rooting is not something wirth doing for the risk i'd take to me. ok cool. thank you marshall. you are the man. bro.

ce2gee no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31c89bc7
    My wife just got a blackberry and I thought I remebered how to set it up. But I don't. The last problem I am having is. When she gets on the internet like facebook it takes her to the mobile site what can I do to fix that

kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ce2gee View Post
    My wife just got a blackberry and I thought I remebered how to set it up. But I don't. The last problem I am having is. When she gets on the internet like facebook it takes her to the mobile site what can I do to fix that
    what are you wanting it to go to?

asmith001 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hero Training... interesting...

http://www.cellularsouth.com/Discove..._20100104.html

I think Hero training is a great idea. I just hope the ones teaching the classes have been properly trained. Last time I was in a store I heard an employee telling someone to "just download taskiller, and kill everything when it starts acting up." Hopefully that's not the case throughout all of the stores. If they properly train their employees / instructors, this could be a big help for a lot of people.

What do you think?
    ---\ Pearl 8130 » Rooted HTC Hero » Rooted Galaxy S Showcase /---

asmith...i train on hero everyday..lol
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

You're an exception. I think everyone around here knows that. The DS guy in my area hasn't got a clue. At least not from what I can tell.

I wonder who is giving these clases. I havent heard anything about this. I see my store on the list, ill find out more info. Im sure its going to be a scheduled or first come first serve type of class with a limited amount of customers. Not all stores have a back room or back office like my store in GPT does. Hmmmmm...
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Anyone been following the Nexus one? the 1GHZ processor is impressive, but they cant decideon whether or not to have Sence ui on it or not.....i think if they dont their making a mistake. Sence ui is so helpful on organizing. I dont have sence on my g1 and want it...all i have to do is flash hero rom on it know but you get what im saying. Im curious on what our next Android will be....anyone have any guesses?
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Scubale no está en línea Stack level 1

Google Voice

I see several people here mentioning that they use Google Voice with CS. I've been really wanting to give it a try, but haven't been able to track down an invite. I've called CS and asked about "Conditional Call Forwarding" and was told that they don't offer it (although I don't have much faith in the knowledge of the rep I spoke with), does anyone have any tips for getting GV voicemail working once I can get an invite?

Quote Originally Posted by Scubale View Post
    I see several people here mentioning that they use Google Voice with CS. I've been really wanting to give it a try, but haven't been able to track down an invite. I've called CS and asked about "Conditional Call Forwarding" and was told that they don't offer it (although I don't have much faith in the knowledge of the rep I spoke with), does anyone have any tips for getting GV voicemail working once I can get an invite?
    It's definitely a feature that is available, I guess you just have to talk to the right rep, ha.

After you have the feature added to your line...

1. dial *76+XXX-XXX-XXXX+Talk (your Google Voice number in place of X's) This forwards your "no answer" calls to your GV number. (to unforward, dial *77+talk)
    2. when logged into you GV account, go to "settings", then click "edit" (under your GV number), then click on "show advanced settings"
    3. under "Phones", set "voicemail access" to "no" so that the person calling doesn't accidentally get into you voicemail
    4. set "forwarding options" to "go straight to voicemail"
    5. under "Voicemail and SMS", uncheck "email" and "SMS" under the "Notifications", otherwise you'll get 2 or 3 notifications for 1 call.
    6. you can record a greeting, or leave the default one

That should be everything. If you have more questions let me know. That's how I have mine set up, but I'm sure you can tweak things to your liking.

BTW, I love this part of GoogleVoice! The transcription part isn't always the best, but just being able to click "play" to listen to a voicemail instead of dialing in to listen to messages is just priceless.

...and, sorry, I have only one invite left, but I'm saving it for my wife. She is getting the Hero soon!

Scubale no está en línea Stack level 1
    Np, thanks for all of the information!

Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast