Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 626364656667
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1005

On the Droid... The home screens flip to landscape mode when you slide open the ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

asmith001 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

On the Droid... The home screens flip to landscape mode when you slide open the keyboard... that's kinda cool.

...no pinch and zoom on the browser.
    Last edited by asmith001; 12-08-2009 at 03:07 PM.
    ---\ Pearl 8130 » Rooted HTC Hero » Rooted Galaxy S Showcase /---

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Ohhh id rather have pinch n zoom! lol
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

robcross72 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well hey folks! I have been away from the stack for awhile. Been playing with and loving my new Tour. Its so amazing what it can do. It seemed for awhile all the talk here was about the Hero so I kinda stayed away. Interesting thing happened to me. I killed my Tour. Lol! Yes, somehow in the rainstorm of the last two days I got my phone wet. Even with an otterbox case it got wet. Now this wasn't the big huge bulky otterbox but the next one down. I knew it wasn't water proof but didn't realize water would get behind the rubber case and build up. Anyway, while I was at cellsouth getting my # put back on my old 8830 I had the chance to play with the Hero. Let me say WOW! That thing is amazing. But I must say for me that I could not use it. The typing on it was an absolute nightmare! I tried for 30 minutes to figure it out. I couldn't get my fingers to hit the right keys. I could use it but it would be super slow. I commend you guys that are able to use it and can type on it. Other than that I was almost sold on spending several hundred to get one. For me its a blackberry. I can't do the touch screen. Anyway, just thought I'd share my two cents worth. The Hero is definitelý an amazing phone and I would love to have it but the typing killed it for me. Thank God cellsouth has choices and blackberry! Now I just have to wait another year to get rid of this 8830.

Sorry to hear that, robcross. That stinks.

pmarshall, do you have any information (that you can share, of course) about the likelihood of us seeing Android 2.0 on our CSouth Heros? Google Maps Navigation is awesome... and, at this point, that's all I want 2.0 for. I've used it for a day or so on this Moto Droid, and I'm hooked. Sorry if you've already mentioned something about this... I don't remember seeing it.

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Hey Rob if you really liked the Hero, there's talks about one that coming with a slide or flip keyboard. I forget which one it is. But it may be more your style. I for one love my touch screen and can't wait to get a Hero.

What gets said....we can't say thats "coming".....we don't know if it will even come the USA.....or it it will even come to csouth....forget the slide hero everyone until further Info comes out. Now Rob.....you mentioned the keyboard was a nightmare....did you use the display model? Reason I ask Is simple....the hero has to be calibrated to the way you type....basically it learns "YOU"..lol I must say that most of my customers have a hard until its calibrated....just a lil fyi. Oh and I typed this entire message with only 4 typos but the spell checker got them
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    All of my typos are minimized bc of my physical keyboard with individual physical keys

dmchance no está en línea Stack level 3
    The keyboard does take some time to get down. I still have issues with it on occasion, but am hanging in there with it. My problem with it is that I type in different ways. Sometimes I type with two hands, other times one. I do try to calibrate the keyboard about every other day, not because it needs it, but because I try to adapt it for how I'm typing st the time. For me, the trade-off is well worth it. On another note, I have been reading about people deleting their task manager apps and letting the phone manage itself. I am on day two of trying this. Not sure how I like it. Maybe it is a control thing from my bb days... anyone else thought of trying it without taskiller?
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; HTC Hero Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1 CSOUTH-6200

I've been about 2 weeks without using it continuously. I still have it installed, but only use it every now and then.

I uninstalled the app completely. Gonna give it about a week and see if I can tell any difference. Also, I have searched and can't find an answer. On sms and email notifications, is there a way to increase the number of beeps? Seems so basic, but I'm having difficulty making it happen!
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; HTC Hero Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1 CSOUTH-6200

DM..yesh you can increase the beeps...download a sound you want and set it as sms tone. example...one that has a pattern of ding,ding,ding in one tone...it wont repeat tones..but set one thats long like that...does the same. can get a ton my myxer.com.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Cool. Thanks PM. I will give that a go! You working today or tomorrow? Thought about driving by to see how things have been going. Finally in town for a couple days! LOL

gnohra no está en línea Stack level 3
    Saw this today - figured I'd share it so we can all have more to make us want a 1.6 or 2 update

http://www.google.com/mobile/goggles/

Looks like another great app! Looking forward to 2.0

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Continued here.....

Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 626364656667