Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

The deciding factor guys is wifi!!! Its simple. If the hero didnt have wifi then ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

bradabeattie no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

The deciding factor guys is wifi!!! Its simple. If the hero didnt have wifi then I would wait for the tour. The tour's fatal flaw for me is no wifi. That is what made my decision.

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Luckily I have great coverage almost everywhere I use my phone so I can do without wifi, although it is a great feature if you ever have to use it.

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    wifi is great for low coverage areas thats for sure. Im still waiting to recieve my hero....=( i hate waiting lol
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    wifi is great for low coverage areas thats for sure. Im still waiting to recieve my hero....=( i hate waiting lol
    You will be happy with it, if its anything like the one I played with earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    You will be happy with it, if its anything like the one I played with earlier.

Okay that is a first, a double post lol

lol........u played with sprints? whats your first impression?
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

robcross72 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ok so somehow I totally missed wifi on the Hero specs. Is this for real? The Hero has wifi? If this is true then I just jumped to 99% certain I am getting the Hero. Walkintall - did you test the typing? I saw someone did can't remember if it was you or not. Anyway, how fast is typing on the Hero? Compared to the Blackberry. I have the 8830 and I have gotten pretty swift at typing.

yes wifi!.....typing on a touch screen will never be as fast as a hardkeypad...but its faster than other touch phones ive ever used. iphone sucked...i was always waiting on it when typing slowly and the storm....well....it was bad lets put it that way.

Hey Rob..does this help your decision any?.....Full Flash 10!!
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3
    My wife is now starting to get jealous of everyone with their BB's and other smart phones. She is currently has an lg260. I have a HTC Touch Pro, which I LOVE, but only after mods, and extra batteries and two (1 House & 1 Office) cradle chargers to charge extra batteries. I could never recommend the Touch Pro to anyone who doesn't realize the challenges and limitations that comes with a WM phone. Anyway back to my wife, She has never had a smart phone and I was going to get her the BB Tour, but now, after reading this thread, am considering getting her the Hero -- Would one be better than the other for a first-time smart phone user? What will the battery life be like for the HERO?

robcross72 no está en línea Stack level 3
    What about the Hero and syncing with microsoft outlook on a mac? Does anyone have a clue? And PM, flash is awesome but not a deal breaker. I said I'm 99% sold. I've got two weeks to get to 100%! Lol!

Typing was surprisingly easy, in landscape mode and the phone had a pretty good feel. The trackball made navigation easy too.
    Last edited by walkintall67; 10-22-2009 at 07:04 PM.

Fd...won't know much on batt life til we get it...but the batts a higher miliamp than your touch pro.

I think either the Hero or the Tour would be great first smartphones, both could be learned easily. I could adapt easily to a Hero after using the BB os, I'm still partial to a BB though, still undecided.

I would actually go a lil further and maybe reccommend the Tour for the novice pda user. Its very user friendly as everyone knows. The Hero may be a lil overbearing for first time users with 6 screens to customize.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast