Page 44 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3940414243444546474849 ... LastLast

How are you liking your new hero? I like mine so far all except for ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

crackaberry no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

How are you liking your new hero? I like mine so far all except for battery life. I ordered a 1750 mah for it so that should help alot. I have a question for Hero owners I want to know if my hero has a software problem. This is going to sound crazy but go to your settings then go to bluetooth settings. Hold the speaker up to your ear and turn on bluetooth. Do you hear a hissing sound then an audio-able click? Mine does this whenever I change a setting on my phone. I wanted to see if others are having these symptoms before I take mine back. This could just be a inherited fluke with this phone or something other. Let me know if yours does not do this. If not I am going to cs for another one. Thanks

cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    I like the phone and android I'm just really disapointed in the battey life and I'm a physical keyboard type of guy so the virtual is not to my liking, but then again none are. I really think I am going to take it back and get the tour because I am having some serious blackberry withdraw . And i think I will give the phones more time to catch up with processers and memory.

I am just scared that the hero will be left behind after the 2.0 update because of the processer. So I think I'm going to go back blackberry for another year or so and let the phones get better maybe something with a touchscreen and slide out keyboard and give it another wirl.

I really love android and think it will grow fast and well may even beat down apple but that will be there own falt for letting the iphone stay with one of the worse carriers for so long and not giving it to us CDMA folks.

Hey whats up cyber this is mopar another mod from cell south forums. Yeah I have to agree with you bro on the withdrawals. I figure in the next year or so we will see some serious android phones. Hey do me a favor look at my post above yours and see if your phone does this. Do you think J bell will banish us mods for going back to blackberry lol.

No my phone doesn't do that. Nah he can ban us because the blackberry to hero mods would be greater then.

Thanks dude I figured something was up with my phone. Just my luck I guess or something is trying to tell me something. I think I will wait also for awhile until a better unit comes out with a faster processor and better battery. I know berrys work and I know them so with that said I am off to cell south tomorrow . Looks like I will have to change my device name lol

Wonder if it will be just $50 difference in price?

Do not know but we will find out tomorrow.

Guess so post it up as soon as you find out if you don't mind
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; HTC Hero Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1 CSOUTH-6200

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberwaste View Post
    Hey msmith do you like the tour better? I am in the same boat you were I love android and the apps but the virtual keyboad, lag and battery life is making me want to change.

Oh and how much difference did you pay? $50?
    The nits I had with the Hero, I could have lived with (and I would have been very happy with the rest of the phone, loved it), just didnt want to be a month into it, and my minor annoyances turn into major ones. So I went with what I knew, and so far am very pleased with the Tour. I dont know what bberries you have had before, but the Tour is far and away better than the others my wife and I have owned (the curve, pearl, and the 8830). I think you would be pleased.

I ended up paying $100 over after I returned the Hero. However, I do get the $50 mail in rebate, so it really works out to $50.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Oh yeah, for those that swap from the hero to the tour and want the basic look of the sense UI.

http://www.*******.com/Themes/Hero.html

At 6.99 its a little steep for a theme, but I got it anyway. I am pleased

I am coming from a curve, had the pearl and 8830 before that. I'm in the same boat on the long haul o don't want to get 6 months down the road and hate it.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; HTC Hero Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1 CSOUTH-6200

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberwaste View Post
    I am coming from a curve, had the pearl and 8830 before that. I'm in the same boat on the long haul o don't want to get 6 months down the road and hate it.
    Coming from the curve you will be very impressed.

It is a curve on steriods. Faster, more memory, better screen, solid feel, better camera.

My one complaint, and it is minor, is the back plastic is shiny and is a finger print magnet. However, I have a gel sleeve on it so it is a non issue.

Also you could go to cnn.cn and get a carbon fiber or rubberized batter door, hell a whole new shell if you wanted to change the look.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Someone posted that the Tour was compatible with the AT&T network domestically if it were unlocked and you had a sim card.

Just curious, how do you unlock the phone. If it shouldnt be posted here, feel free to pm me, or feel free to tell me I shouldnt ask this. I doubt I would even try it, but I am curious.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Well I re read it, and it says the gsm part is already unlocked. Curious. I have an at&t tower basically in my back yard, and know there is 3g service here. I wonder if I could sign up for a data plan only with them and use the tour. Or would that not work at all?

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    It's already unlocked yes. Which is surprising. Looks like everyone is getting settled into either hero or tour...awesome... point is, everyone is happy!