Page 37 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Hey Rob if I'm not mistaken, which I very well could be, they are the ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

Hey Rob if I'm not mistaken, which I very well could be, they are the same. I thinks its just the VZW graphic is different.

pound24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    1XEV is 3g at least that what a rep told me

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    1XEV is 3g, maybe verizon is just using a different graphic as someone suggested. It is the same though

kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hey guys, no I didn't get a hero. Tryin a buds out. Not having buttons is kinda weird. Seems like a pretty good phone tho, i can type pretty well in landscape mode. The predictive text is a big help too. Still contemplating trading my tour too.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; HTC Hero Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1 CSOUTH-6200

robcross72 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks everyone for the 1XEV explanation! Kyle - Keep the Tour! Don't give into the peer pressure! Lol! Hey it is eating me up to try one just for the heck of it. Got a buddy at work that has one and I am trying to hook up with him and check it out. So, I may be in the same boat as you if I do. Regardless, I am still in love with my Tour as I am seeing those with a Hero are. Good luck on your decision.

gnohra no está en línea Stack level 3
    Picked up a hero about an hour ago. So far, so good.. typing is more accurate than I expected, and love the screen.

(swapped my 8830 for it)
    Last edited by gnohra; 11-09-2009 at 06:29 PM. Reason: clarification

kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by gnohra View Post
    Picked up a hero about an hour ago. So far, so good.. typing is more accurate than I expected, and love the screen.

(swapped my 8830 for it)
    Nearly anything is better than the 8830, that's what I had

tawoody no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm a friend of Marcus and got my Hero in Oxford in line right after he got his activated. I think he said he had a family member that worked for cellular south

Phyl1225 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan1006 View Post
    Well tech do have the manuals right in reach but gets is giving you the same info I would have and is right. Marshall helped me learn these things the first time I changed over a phone. This info is al over the web also. Lol. Keep us up to date on how you are doing. I like to help when I can.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; HTC Hero Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1 CSOUTH-6200
    I think the local techs Know so much more than Houston does. Hands on is better than a book. Spent 4 hours with a very nice lady trying to get my email icon & account back. She had to send in a ticket on it. I called back late, and asked for someone who understood BBs told him the problem and before I was finished he had restored it somehow. I was stunned. If I talk to the guy who was working out of Philadelphia, he knows what he's doin, like you all do. One of the phone techs in Houston actually pulled up some settings and was telling me what to do then said "Oh, Sorry. That's for Sprint"????? They're all so nice, and try so hard, but I'm going to Hero in Dec. BBs are great till you have a problem. We'll all learn together! BTW, my son absolutely stroked when he found out I had all his phone numbers, so I'm gonna KEEP em! Still no EV. I did what you said (after Gets clarified the word "BOLD" for my dumb a@#), and the password has stayed. Thanks

Phyl1225 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    lol, yeh gotta spead it before giving again to that person lol...i share the trust alot...to whomever provides good info..that way it allows me to give to someone else if they deserve it again lol.....hahah just FYI "IF" anyone here didnt know but im sure yall do..do not i repeat do not ever remove the usb from phone when doing any kind of back, restore, especially upgrade..youll lose it all. lol...if you break your usb port theres no way to do a software upgrade or if you have an app error, cant fix it so take care of your usb ports and they do tend to break..i see it all day at work.

Everyone will see me post much less about csouth information...ive been lets say.."told" not to and ill elect not to say by whom.

by information i mean promo stuff and phones comming out..dates yada yada...sorry....orrr type csouths full name..not allowed...i know.=(

Ill be posting strickly as a stacker whom knows nothing about a certain companies information.
    Want to thank you for all your help. Even if you can't put anything out on the street anymore, we'll still luv ya anyway. It was fun hearing the inside line, but that was never really why I was here in the first place. I'm here cause of the help and assistance everyone is so very generous with, without making you feel like a complete idiot (which I sometimes am!) It's a shame CS didn't see what great PR you were spreading. Like most people, I have to save my nickels and dimes these days if I want a new toy, so it does help to know in advance. Oh, well. That's why the Lord created Visa cards!

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I was reading the reviews of the Hero last night on the CS website, is it true that there is no picture messaging? Overall everybody was pleased so far with the Hero except for one person who wanted their Curve turned back on.

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Hero users..make sure to calibrate your screen!!! makes a HUGE difference.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Quote Originally Posted by Phyl1225 View Post
    Want to thank you for all your help. Even if you can't put anything out on the street anymore, we'll still luv ya anyway. It was fun hearing the inside line, but that was never really why I was here in the first place. I'm here cause of the help and assistance everyone is so very generous with, without making you feel like a complete idiot (which I sometimes am!) It's a shame CS didn't see what great PR you were spreading. Like most people, I have to save my nickels and dimes these days if I want a new toy, so it does help to know in advance. Oh, well. That's why the Lord created Visa cards!
    Thanks Phyll..i really appreciate it! ill continue to answer questions about phones and continue to helo...just nothing from csouth in way of whats going on.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Quote Originally Posted by walkintall67 View Post
    I was reading the reviews of the Hero last night on the CS website, is it true that there is no picture messaging? Overall everybody was pleased so far with the Hero except for one person who wanted their Curve turned back on.
    yes this is true...for now...the mms and bluetooth file transfer will be released in an update thats going to be comming. no date or timeline but its comming...
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

now..as a pinstacker...I have 4 androids now...g1, 2 mytouch, and hero...i have rooted the g1 and 1 mytouch and have file transfer and tether...its awesome...there is no root "really" for cdma hero's but once this is rooted..theres not CS help and no warranty...so later if it comes out..just know theres no help for ya. There is a 2.0 update thats been floating around but its from android SDK package and is not REALLY an OS update....its VERRRY slow and laggy..its just a preview...ill be installing this week if i get a chance.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH