Page 35 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Hey, everybody! Need Professional help (no, not THAT kind). With 8330 Curve. 12-14 hr delay ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

Phyl1225 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Hey, everybody! Need Professional help (no, not THAT kind). With 8330 Curve. 12-14 hr delay receiving some texts. Tech resent my services books, promising that I would not lose EV (I am in the country and should not have had it, but did). Lost ALL internet. Next tech advised me to take it to the store and have them wipe it. (I need them to do that??). These 2 were in Houston. He put in a service ticket, and they never called. Called back and got a lady in Meadville, bless her, who checked my SIP password. Gone. We put it back, but now it won't stay. 12 hrs later gone again. What do I need to do to make it save? Looks like the EV is gone for good. (Sorry if this has been done to death. I called myself searchin...) Oh, and if you upgrade to a Hero, do they make you give the BB back? Only had one year data, up in Dec. Love the BB. Hate the way the techs know nothin about it. Thanks!

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Hey phyl...do a backup...wipe your phone completely and before you restore do your *228....make sure you get 1XEV before restore. Do your restore and make sure 1XEV stays then too. I see this mostly when people travel to other states and come back. Although a simple batt pull usually fixes it.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; HTC Hero Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1 CSOUTH-6200

I live in Louisville, work in Kosciusko, and starting 2 weeks ago I had a roaming icon and EV. Friend with 8330 running 4.2 did not I have 4.5) I'd think it was a fluke because I'm not supposed to have it. The nearest Ev tower is 35 miles away (not counting ATT). I have pulled the battery until my thumbnail is chipped (OMG!). OK. Hold my hand while I do this: Wipe, *228, look for 1XEV, then restore. Battery pull next? Will I lose Shazaam and the other apps, n pix I have? In theory, I know restore should restore but computers don't always do that. Thanks

wipe...*228...1XEV check...if you get it restore...1XEV check...if you do not get 1XEV during this..call cs and see what they advise. Your apps..if you dled them using app world..it keeps up with your downloads and you can just install them back if the backup/restore dosnt.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Ok. Thanks. I don't want to call Tech anymore unless I can get Meadville. They got me into this. They don't know squat about BBs in Houston. Will let you know what happens. I don't wanna lose Shazaam, it was so hard to get, and I didn't get it thru app world. Couldn't get a work link thru app world. After the 5th email to Shazaam in England, I finally sent one telling them that as a Mississipians, we had the authority to ban them from identifying anything based on blues, or anything blues related, which is EVERYTHING. I offered to leave them ONLY Amy Winehouse, and accordian pieces (no offense to accordian fans). Got a working link within an hour.

Haha...and I'm sure you bookmarked that link so you will never lose it right?
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; HTC Hero Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1 CSOUTH-6200

Ethan1006 no está en línea Stack level 3
    That looks nice, Marshall.

Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    Haha...and I'm sure you bookmarked that link so you will never lose it right?
    Well, this has been interesting to say the least. I screwed up big! I updated son's BB to 4.5, unplugged his, shut down device mgr, created a SEPARATE folder for my backup. I now have all his settings & phone numbers (which might not be a bad thing. He's 17). Thought I had lost all my phone numbers. Widespread Panic, and I don't mean musically, but they went to the text directory. I tried again with the same result. Oh well. I did have EV for about 15 minutes, so at least I know it's CS enabled. Shazaam is there as are my pix. Maybe my SIP password will stay now. Stack won't lemme give you trust, cause I trusted you last time! I tried. Thanks for the help.

lol, yeh gotta spead it before giving again to that person lol...i share the trust alot...to whomever provides good info..that way it allows me to give to someone else if they deserve it again lol.....hahah just FYI "IF" anyone here didnt know but im sure yall do..do not i repeat do not ever remove the usb from phone when doing any kind of back, restore, especially upgrade..youll lose it all. lol...if you break your usb port theres no way to do a software upgrade or if you have an app error, cant fix it so take care of your usb ports and they do tend to break..i see it all day at work.

Everyone will see me post much less about csouth information...ive been lets say.."told" not to and ill elect not to say by whom.

by information i mean promo stuff and phones comming out..dates yada yada...sorry....orrr type csouths full name..not allowed...i know.=(

Ill be posting strickly as a stacker whom knows nothing about a certain companies information.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Amen. Bro.

Phyl, you say the bb won't keep the SIP password? You mean each time you open the program screen the SIP field is blank? The device hides the password when that screen is open but when making any changes in that screen it always helps to go ahead and reenter that password to make sure the phone sets right and that password has to be typed in, not copy and paste, and in all CAPS.

lol, yeh gotta spead it before giving again to that person lol...i share the trust alot...to whomever provides good info..that way it allows me to give to someone else if they deserve it again lol.....hahah just FYI "IF" anyone here didnt know but im sure yall do..do not i repeat do not ever remove the usb from phone when doing any kind of back, restore, especially upgrade..youll lose it all. lol...if you break your usb port theres no way to do a software upgrade or if you have an app error, cant fix it so take care of your usb ports and they do tend to break..i see it all day at work.

Everyone will see me post much less about csouth information...ive been lets say.."told" not to and ill elect not to say by whom.

by information i mean promo stuff and phones comming out..dates yada yada...sorry....orrr type csouths full name..not allowed...i know.=(

Ill be posting strickly as a stacker whom knows nothing about a certain companies information.
    Figures. I've just about had enough of them, and I don't work there. Cyberstalkin you? C'mon. Can't say much myself. I work for the state and it's written in our performance appraisals that we can't talk about things either. (I didn't break the connections to the USB. I learned that one when I first got the phone. Million websites later, I was able to restore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan1006 View Post
    Amen. Bro.

Phyl, you say the bb won't keep the SIP password? You mean each time you open the program screen the SIP field is blank? The device hides the password when that screen is open but when making any changes in that screen it always helps to go ahead and reenter that password to make sure the phone sets right and that password has to be typed in, not copy and paste, and in all CAPS.
    That may be, but when I re-entered it two different times while talking to tech support, the net came back. Till then I got "Unable to Connect to the Internet". I wrote it down this time.

Did the tech have you go into options/ advanced options/ host routing tables/ and register the bold entry?

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan1006 View Post
    Did the tech have you go into options/ advanced options/ host routing tables/ and register the bold entry?
    No. I see the routing tables, but have no idea what to do now, which is my usual state of being. Walk me thru, please. Why "bold" settings? Bold as in BB Bold? Does it matter that I have a curve?

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    l

That sucks pm. We would hope "csouth" would appreciate the info that some give out. I kow we do, it gives them press, if not in the mainstream, whether they know it or not. Word of mouth is the best in their case.

However, you have to abide, and we understand that. Just wish they did.