Page 20 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Yeah, doesnt look any smaller than the tour really. A little thinner, and a little ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask

Advertisement

Yeah, doesnt look any smaller than the tour really. A little thinner, and a little taller.

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    I know you guys are excited about the new devices coming out. In an effort to make my Blackberry more functional, I've been looking into different software for it. What is the best weather app that I can download? I know there will probably be different opinions. I was looking at BerryWeather (BeWeather in the App World). Is it any good or would you advise steering clear from it?

robcross72 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Actually the Hero is not as wide as the Tour and the Tour is not as wide as the 8830. As crazy as it sounds I prefer the width of my 8830. And I don't want to lose the half and inch I would lose going from the 8830 to the Hero. Add too it losing the paid apps I have for the blackberry and bbmessenger. And finally the typing not being what I'm used to I've decided to wait on the Tour.

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Holder, to be honest its all a matter of what you want. Here in MS the apps might not work all that good if you choose the wrong one. I use Berry Weather from appworld. I've also used weatherbug and a few others. Weatherbug is the nicest free one. Its pretty accurate and up to date most of the time. Berry weather is the nicest platform I've used, but the price is steep. Its not the most expensive but its still up there. I won it from a contest on here a while back and have used it ever since. Its very accurate and it has the up to the minute radar. You can also set multiple cities and choose the home city. Also, you have the option for current location, gps. And it changes when you enter a different city. All in all its the one I prefer but it may not be yours.

BeWeather has a free trial so go check it out. Weatherbug is free so you can check that one out and keep getting rid of it if you find something you think is better.

kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by mrholder View Post
    I know you guys are excited about the new devices coming out. In an effort to make my Blackberry more functional, I've been looking into different software for it. What is the best weather app that I can download? I know there will probably be different opinions. I was looking at BerryWeather (BeWeather in the App World). Is it any good or would you advise steering clear from it?
    I've been using berryweather for a while and it does prety well sending out weather advisories... I would say try both of them and see. You get a trial with berryweather before you buy it.

Yeah I forgot to mention the advisories.

johncpayne no está en línea Stack level 2
    I also use berryweather and it works great for me. All of the things listed above are great (radar, advisories, etc.). It is very easy to set up multiple cities and scroll through them all with the track ball. Some weather apps require you to click on different things to get to different cities but with berryweather you just scroll left and right to get to the different cities. The only issue I have had out of it, and this may not be the app, is that sometimes I have cities I have set up get stuck (won't update but keep trying) and it will absolutely kill battery life. I just usually delete the city and add it back and it fixes the issue.

John my does that on the GPS location I set up when I'm at work. But it normally just says failed and updates when a satellite sees my phone. I don't remember having any issues with the cities I set up though.

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks for the input everyone! I did a search on it, but I wanted to get some local input as well. I'm trying BerryWeather now. Thanks again.

Here's some news about the Tour, and yes this is official as of 5 minutes ago from an email i recieved
    The Tour will be available no later than Monday in all of our retail locations.

asmith001 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by kylemcdonald87 View Post
    Here's some news about the Tour, and yes this is official as of 5 minutes ago from an email i recieved
    That's great! Thanks for sharing, Kyle!
    ---\ Pearl 8130 » Rooted HTC Hero » Rooted Galaxy S Showcase /---

no prob

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Awesome info for sure! I'll be posting answers to hero questions within the hour. Asmith were both those phones in your pics csouth?
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; HTC Hero Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1 CSOUTH-6200

asmith001 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yes they are. I checked them both out at my local csouth store.
    ---\ Pearl 8130 » Rooted HTC Hero » Rooted Galaxy S Showcase /---

Ethan1006 no está en línea Stack level 3
    i just got a minute to pop in and see whats going on. i spent about two hours with a full working hero yesterday and i want to help marshall out with questions. over all the customizion of the sence was nice and easy. one thing i talked to marshall about is the categorys for how to find a icon to place on your sence pages. 4 categorys i seen so far, SHORTCUTS - small icons for all programs on the hero, HTC - htc created wigets, mostly things like htc clocks and calenders, ANDROID - android created wigets, and PROGRAMS - a listing of all downloaded program icons. this is just one of the basics i wanted to talk about. please ask questions.