Page 19 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by pmarshall Tour 2? Doesn't make sence..... Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    Tour 2? Doesn't make sence.....
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; HTC Hero Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1 CSOUTH-6200
    Only changes are wifi and trackpad.. check your pm's real quick

asmith001 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Checkout the crackberry.com main page. Blaskberry Tour2 first look video... Basically the Tour with a trackpad. ...and wifi.
    ---\ Pearl 8130 » Rooted HTC Hero » Rooted Galaxy S Showcase /---

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by kylemcdonald87 View Post
    Only changes are wifi and trackpad.. check your pm's real quick
    Which, if I were to wait for the tour, this is what I would want.

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by asmith001 View Post
    Checkout the crackberry.com main page. Blaskberry Tour2 first look video... Basically the Tour with a trackpad. ...and wifi.
    Is it called tour 2 or 9700 which is the bold 2 u
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; HTC Hero Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1 CSOUTH-6200

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    Is it called tour 2 or 9700 which is the bold 2 u
    Right now the code name is the essex. Probably will be called tour 2 9650?

Ethan1006 no está en línea Stack level 3
    just spent some time with the hero and it is nice. keyboard works great with predict and word suggestion. smooth flow on phone from page to page on sence. its awesome.

Going by my local store on the way home to try it out. A friend of mine works there. She just told me that their demo model came in this afternoon.

yeah boy. about time you head back home. tell the don to not distract you while driving.

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    hes driving haha not me..
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

nice. well ya'll be careful and play with that hero on the way home. lol

Alright... I got my hands on the Tour and the Hero today for about 30 minutes.

Blackberry Tour:
    The device looks nice. The screen is amazingly clear and bright, not like any other Blackberry that I've ever used. Felt solid and seemed durable. Obviously this guy has had if for quite some time. It was pretty banged up. The problem I had was that this particular Tour had a major trackball problem. It wouldn't scroll right at all... at all... I couldn't even get to the browser, settings, or anything past the left column of icons. He told me that at their last training seminar, the RIM guy assured them that the Tour that will be released is a different build and that the trackball problem won't be an issue. All in all, it seemed great otherwise. I wasn't able to see what OS it was running. With this problem, it only got about 3 or 4 minutes of my time... if that. It will definitely be the flagship Blackberry at Cellular South. I will be recommending it to many of the users on the CS account that I manage for sure.

HTC Hero:
    IMO, nothing I type will do it justice. Playing with this device might cause me trouble, because I want it worse now more than ever. At the first moment it was in my hand, I was surprised that it was much smaller than I had envisioned. Which, for me this is a good thing. The screen looks really good and is very responsive. I was almost overwhelmed with options and customizations... I love it. The browser is very nice. I visited several websites playing with the pinch and zoom, the trackball, and scrolling with the screen. I also played around with adding, removing and rearranging widgets. Everything was very fluid. I typed a few sms messages with the virtual keyboard. It will definitely take some getting used to, but I really like the feedback that it gives you when typing, and the predictive text seemed to work very well. All in all, I can't wait to own one.

There's no question which device is a better fit for me. I hope this is informative for everyone.

crackaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    Now if we all can get our hands on the hero by nov 2 I will be a happy camper.

robcross72 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Asmith - thanks for your input on your impressions. From talking myself with folks who have purchased the Tour in the last few weeksn the trackball issue is no longer an issue, at least for the folks I've talked to. As far as the Hero goes hearing your impressions of the size, I must say that is a definate turn off for me. I know it sounds crazy but for me smaller is not better. All in all I believe the Hero is an absolute awesome phone that is a definate improvement over anything else cellsouth has. It is great to see them step up and offer new phones that aren't six months to a year old. But my mind has been made up in the last few days. I will be waiting for the Tour. As much as it kills me to have to wait I will. So for all you Hero fans I must say congrats on your phone coming sooner than mine. I look forward to its release and to read all your great reviews of it. And when I get my hands on the Tour I will do the same and then we can all have wonderful debates on who got the cooler phone. Lol!

Here are a few pics I took yesterday. Sorry, for the quality, the Pearl camera isn't so great.

Quote Originally Posted by robcross72 View Post
    ...As far as the Hero goes hearing your impressions of the size, I must say that is a definate turn off for me. I know it sounds crazy but for me smaller is not better.
    Just to clarify... It's not that it's that small, it's just smaller than I expected. I was expecting it to be big like the iPhone. It's not nearly as small as the other HTC phones that are at CS, like the Touch Pro and the Diamond.

...and by the way, I have huge hands so those pics might be deceiving.