Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Hey pm any word on the new palm for csouth?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~... C Spire/Cellular South forum

Erogers15 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    306371F8

Advertisement

Hey pm any word on the new palm for csouth?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

gnohra no está en línea Stack level 3

CS and updating OS

Does anyone know whether the 8830 on CS can be updated to 4.5? Does it involve the CS reps reprogramming it, or can I do it?

PIN/ID
    3198998E
    Quote Originally Posted by gnohra View Post
    Does anyone know whether the 8830 on CS can be updated to 4.5? Does it involve the CS reps reprogramming it, or can I do it?

If there is an upgrade for the 8830, you can upgrade it. It doesn't matter what carrier it is, as long as you delete the vendor.xml file. The reps at the store won't upgrade your phone for you. They're likely to know less than you do about your phone. Unless you go talk to Phillip in gulfport.

Anyway, you can find the latest version for your phone at http://forums.pinstack.com/showthrea...latest+8830+OS . All the tutorials are there too thanks to lavagirl.

Good luck with the upgrade, let me or anybody here know if you need help, we'll be happy to assist.
    Last edited by azstar; 02-10-2009 at 09:49 AM.

Worked beautifully. Took less than 30 minutes to do the update. The only app that hasn't functioned correctly was facebook, I deleted it and reinstalled and it's working perfectly now.

Does everyone like the font for 4.5? Seems like there's a lot of bolded text.

Thanks again for the info.

I spoke just a hair too soon. I've now discovered that my gmail "push" isn't happening anymore. Sending email from the bb messages client works fine. Receiving email to my phone's blackberry.com email address works fine. I'm just not receiving email form my gmail account. I've rebooted, and I've logged into my bb account and resent the service books. Neither fixed gmail.

Anybody run into this?

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    U on BES?

Hey roger...no news on any new palms for CS..word is we stopped selling them due to a large number of issues.

Not on BES.. used CS's bis.na.blackberry.com to setup my original csouth address, and then to setup to check my gmail account. Strangely enough, about 30 minutes ago I did receive a batch (7) of gmail messages. Since then I've actually gotten emails to gmail, but nothing new on the bb. Kinda like it's queuing up before sending them.

It COULD be just that it took that long for the service books to actually go through completely. After that then the send/recieve took a lil while. You can go into your mail accounts on your bb. And set it up to send/recieve at certain time increments. Ex: every hour 30 min 5 min. ...try that. Lemme know if something else isn't workn right. Ill be glad to help.

It's really strange.. still seems to come in batches. I just sent myself another email and it immediately shows up in my gmail inbox (on pc). Went into the gmail messages folder on bb and hit "reconcile now" and it doesn't find anything new. Since I primarily use the gmail client on the bb anyway, I was considering before whether I wanted to remove the "push" aspect of it, since I end up seeing the email twice.. but liked it because it would usually let me know before the gmail client would. While composing this email, another batch of 3 emails just arrived - fairly sure the earlier batch was at 7:12 and this one at 8:12..

It's great to have such knowledgeable people in these forums. I have a few other questions that I've not been able to get a straight answer about.. the first is about roaming.. when I was in New Orleans in January, my wife's 8830 locked up - sat for about 5 mins with just the hourglass spinning, so we pulled the battery. When it booted back up it couldn't find the towers at all, except for emergency calls. I called 611 from my phone and the rep told me that we were just out of luck, that if you reboot the phone while you're roaming, it will not reattach to the towers. I thought that was crazy, and the next morning (still in NO) it did have service. I believe that was the same day (01/17) that CS had some tower trouble, but want to know whether it's normally safe to reboot it when roaming or not.

Second is also about roaming - should I get more than 1X when I'm roaming? I've never seen anything but 1X when I'm out of the state.. with Verizon advertising 3G all over, I figured I should see some 1XEV when I'm in bigger cities..

Thanks - hope I'm not pestering you with too many questions

Haha no its cool...what plan do you have....that would most help answer your questions.

PIN/ID
    3198998E
    Well for the first question, I don't think what plan you have will matter. I haven't actually had to do a battery pull out of state. I was in the NO for Halloween, which was awesome, and I had to do a reset while I was there. I used my soft reset app, instead of the battery pull. I know that doesn't help when you've got the mindless hourglass, but after mine reset it came back up automatically with no roaming. I don't remember whether or not I had the 1XEV. I was able to use my browser with no problem so I think it was okay. For the second question, you should get a little blue triangle if I'm not mistaken. Which I could be, I'm not the csouth blackberry expert like ol' Phill over there. Lol, what's crackin Phill.~via smartphone ~

"Total Unlimited for Smartphones" is what it says on my bill.. got it back in June.

Ok then your good on your roaming...as far as the 1xv...just depends on your area..like roger said..when he was there he had everything he needed. IF your bouncing off other networks towers (which I'm sure you were) you may have to do a reset. As far as the hourglassing...maybe see if there's an updates O.S for the 8830....pretty sure there is. Should fix some minor bugs in it.

genestho no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey there, any updates on what the next BlackBerry for cellular south will be?
    ~via smartphone~

Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast