Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 6162636465666768 LastLast

Originally Posted by pmarshall I like his terms better than mine^^^ thanks Scantron I'm one ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

Phyl1225 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    I like his terms better than mine^^^ thanks Scantron
    I'm one of those people who can't wear a watch. Take it off and it runs on the desk, put it back on and it stops. (google it. There are lots of us out there! I swear I'm not crazy, well, not too crazy). If I'm stressed, my car alarm won't work right so I drive 40 miles with the car locking and unlocking while the horn blows. My co-workers are so nice. They copy things for me on the copier cause they don't want me to kill it. Blew the breaker turning on the light switch once. Sooooo, what does this mean for me? I apparently have a lot of static floatin around.

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Good thoughts rob..I feel ya..lifes always gonna have pros and cons right haha. I myself...giving up tour and bbm for a better life with android. Flash 10..bigggggg deal for me. Ever wanted to look up say weather and watch doppler radar on a ?? Doesn't happen..have to refresh..not hero..will show it live. Live broadcasts...hulu..watch full length shows...the "real" web. I love bb as much as the next but....getting bored with same ole phone...no really significant changed besides html email in past 4 years. Just my rant

Hahaha...maybe you could use talepathy on the touch screen? Lol

crackaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well I have my screen protector, rubber case, and leather pouch for my Hero. Waiting on cellular South, man I feel like a kid just before Christmas lol.

robcross72 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PM - Talk about pros and cons, this decision is not an easy one for me. For others it may be a nobrainer. Here are my radom thoughts about pros and cons.

Hero - Tethering is supported due to app coming with it. - PRO
    Hero - Touch Screen - Pro
    Hero - Flash - Pro
    Hero - No BBMessenger - Con
    Hero - Size (smaller than my BB) - Con
    Hero - GPS working (supposedly) - Pro

Blackberry - Size - Pro
    Blackberry - Screen not used up by onscreen keyboard - Pro
    Blackberry - GPS not working - Con
    Blackberry - Tethering not supported - Con
    Blackberry - All my favorite apps - Pro
    Blackberry - Familiarity - Pro

It seems it is almost a nobrainer for me that it is time to give up the blackberry for the Hero. Maybe it is nervousness about something new and unfamiliar. When I made the switch from a basic phone to the blackberry it was easy. I could do nothing on the basic phone and everything on the BB. However, it has not lived up to expectations. From all accounts it sems the Hero will. I will have to wait and see. Trust me I won't decide without getting my hands on the Hero. Not having a elease date for the Tour is a big hinderance. If they both came out at the same time I could get the Hero and be able to return it for the Tour if I was unsatisfied. The way it is now I don't have that luxury. My brain and gut tell me I am gonna love the Hero, maybe even wonder why I ever loved the BB but there is still that apprehension. Anyway, TWO WEEKS TO GO! I can't wait!

Ok I have concluded tethering no longer works for the blackberry and cellsouth. I updated 3 friends phones this weekend to the current os. Two pearls and a curve. Set all three up for tethering on three different laptops and all said the same thing. Username/password are incorrect. If anyone's is working I would love to know and would love to figure out why others won't.

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Only way I know is to use tetherberry, but you have already said you dont want to do that

rob...lol...your only con on hero is bbm(understandable)..con on bb is gps(bb failed on that one). The gps on hero works great by the way..seen it with my own eyes, but it does seem you have your mind made up......so far there are 4 or 5 of us that are getting the hero and will always be more than willing to help out and share info. Rob what store do you go to?
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    hey rob got another pro/con for ya... htc hero - no camera flash, blackberry - camera flash

true...^^ but 5mp cam with auto focus! lol
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Msmith - Yes that is an option. If I have anymore days like this weekend, I will gladly pay the 49.99 for Tetherberry.

PM - I don't know that my mind is mad up just yet but to be honest I am leaning towards the Hero. Im about 75% sold on it. Won't be 100% til it is in my hands and I can check it out. As far as which store use. Well, in the Jackson area, they all stink. Rude and inconsiderate reps who can't say much more than "it should do that cause mine does" and then tell me they can't help me. I have used the store in Brandon, Flowood, Ridgeland, Jackson, Richland, etc. I have never walked out of any of them happy. I always leave more upset then when I entered. Now my wife uses the Magee store because she works there and the staff and manager have treated her exceptionally well. So when it comes time to upgrade I will drive the 35 miles to that store because of the friendly service.

PM - Give me an honest evaluation of the HTC Snap. I know it is not a blackberry and doesn't compare to the Hero but how is it as far as interent, can it tether, and what about the speed and how well does the office apps work? Thanks.

Kyle - the no flash would be a plus when I am in the woods hunting and want to take a pic of the deer. If you can turn it off on the berry then its a pro. definately.

parrotreb no está en línea Stack level 2
    So, is the Hero debut still November 5 or has soon be redefined again? Inconsistent answers in the stores around here.

rob..thwe snao IMO..its a def lower class pda...its barely a pda...its like wanting a porcha and buying the entry level boxter...still a porcha..but not really..know what i mean. Feels a lil cheap in the hand and not very crisp. The screen res isnt very good. I wouldnt suggest it to any of us on here...were much more advanced users. If your ever in the Gulfport area you need to stop by my store. If your in the area in the next week or so youll get to see the Hero before release..i know DMchance will be in here..haha. On the tether issue...i just gotta ask..are you sure your setting it up correctly?? i ask because i walked someone through it in jackson 3 days ago.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Parrot...nov 5 is release date. I just looked it up here at work.(csouth) what are you in parrot?
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH