Page 65 of 68 FirstFirst ... 606162636465666768 LastLast

hey is anyone's data down right now? the csouth site is down and when i ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

hey is anyone's data down right now?
    the csouth site is down and when i try to call it says they are unable to take my call

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    mine is working

robcross72 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ok. Is there any serious release date for the Tour? I had the opportunity to check out other htc phones similar in size to the Hero. Checked the G1 and Mytouch. I must say that size has definately become a major factor. This is just for me but I have to say the Hero is too small. What I mean is it is too narrow. I have gotten used to the 8830 and when I use my wife's Curve it feels to small. The Hero is a bit smaller in width than the Curve. Even with all the great things the Hero can do I really don't believe I will be happy with its size. If the Tour is gonna be delayed until dec or longer I think I will just go ahead and get the Curve.

TheScantronman no está en línea Stack level 2
    Why would you want a phone that is bulkier?

I can't wait until I can get rid of my 8830.

Hey scantronman! I can't wait to get rid of my 8830 also but its because of the lack of memory. I have gotten used to the wide phone and typing on this keyboard. I actually use my bb for a lot of typing. For creating documents for teaching. Seeing how narrow the Hero is gonna be concerns me as far as typing goes. I'll just have to wait and see about the Hero but I think I won't be happy with it being narrow.

With its built-in accelerometer, I would think the Hero would offer landscape-typing. Even if it doesn't offer it for things like SMS/MMS, it's screen isn't much smaller than that of the iPhone/iPod touch and I've never had any major problems typing on that and I have large hands.

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Both of yall said it may be to narrow to type on..but..when you turn the hero sideways..the keyboard will be bigger than any ? made. When in holding it upright..the keys (actual surface area you touch on for any key) is bigger than ? also. Just food for thought.

And no...there's still no date set in stone for Tour..sorry. Trust me..as soon as I hear a date that's definite..ill post it as fast as possible for everyone.

HTC is pretty good with their on-screen keyboards as of late, so I don't imagine typing will be a problem.

Of course, if Cellular South wants to send me a Hero to write a glowingly positive review for their site, then I can really let you know about the typing experience (hint hint).

hahahahaha....im waiting on my device...this week i hope.=)
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Send me one too, I will do a full review

PIN/ID
    ask
    http://msbusiness.com/blog/2009/10/c...corr-wireless/

Cellular South announced Friday its company’s planned acquisition of a regional Alabama wireless provider.
    The country’s largest privately owned wireless communications carrier said it plans to take over Corr Wireless, a leading wireless carrier headquartered in Oneonta, Ala. with coverage areas in northeastern Alabama and Georgia. Financial details of the transaction have not been disclosed.
    With this purchase, Cellular South will now be able to offer its services to more

than a million residents in the cities of Huntsville, Madison, Decatur, and Gadsden, plus the counties of Blount, Cullman, Marshall, Dekalb and Jackson in Alabama, as well as Rome, Ga.
    “We think it’s a good move,” Corr Wireless CEO Bryan A. Corr told the MBJ on Friday.
    From what I can tell, Corr operates on GSM, how will this work?

700mhz..is cdma band.

PIN/ID
    ask
    They offer GSM phones though. the 8320, the pearl 8120. Those are GSM editions.

What gives?

http://www.corrwireless.com/Items.as...ory=Blackberry

And the company timeline says they rolled out GSM technology

http://www.corrwireless.com/TimeLine.aspx

Ok honestly I love the size of my 8830. If I could put the Tour's memory in my 8830 I would never give it up. I love the width. For me it is not bulky. Ok so the Hero can be turned on its size and type. But typing is on the screen which takes up screen space with the keyboard. Also I looked up the specs and the Hero is nealy half an inch narrower then the 8830. So I'm looking at losing half an inch of phone and losing screen just to be able to type. Not good. But that's just for me. Nobody else may feel the same and that's cool. Just some of mý random thoughts.