Page 60 of 68 FirstFirst ... 5556575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Not a problem. I'll post it for others if they need it. It helped me ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

Not a problem. I'll post it for others if they need it. It helped me a few times.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/

dmchance no está en línea Stack level 3
    While we are on the subject of os, what os is everyone running on their Curves? I saw where CS released 4.5.0.169 for 8330m a couple months ago. I am running .127. I have noticed a slight lag that I didn't have on my Pearl. I saw a few posts on the leaked 5.0, but am not sure if I want to get that buggy software. Should I update to the .169? Are there any differences?

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    My girlfriend just got a new replacement and hers had .168 or something like that I think. She hasn't really said anything about it. It doesn't seem too diff

I guess I will skip it then, especially with the Hero in my near future!

kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by getsugatensho View Post
    Well if that's the case then so be it. But I'm just saying its not something to get your hopes up for.
    I agree. We can't get our hopes up about much anymore

robcross72 no está en línea Stack level 3
    OK folks i need some assistance. I have googled to I am cross-eyed. I finally stumbled upon some tweaks to make regarding tethering with cellsouth. Before I was get a hardware failure message. I followed the step by step guide for setting everything up. I also wiped my 8830 with jl_commander and deleted everything from my computer. I reinstalled the os on my phone and reinstalled desktop manager 5.0. Now when I try to connect I get an error message saying my username and/or password are incorrect. For the password I am going to option and then status and using what is listed by ESN (hex) and putting it in all caps. For the username I am typing in on my phone ##000000 and using the number listed next to SIP User ID; which looks like a phone number in front of cs3g.com. I also have a MIP User ID which is the same except instead of cs3g.com it is bb.cs3g.com. Which one do I use and anyone have a clue why it is saying username and/or password are invalid? Is it a cellsouth issue? Thanks again for the help.

That's a tough one! I have absolutely no experience trying to tether. I wish I could help. Maybe when PM reads it, he will know what to do.

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    whats up every one...rob how did the reinstall of the os go o n ur 8830? i def know how to fix that. also DM..169 isnt a big deal..no real diff in the os. also..rob..pm me.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

P1Scream no está en línea Stack level 2
    hey rob, whatever it says under SIP user id is what you use as the user name (number@cs3g.com). i think this is going to be different than your actual number if you moved your number from a different carrier. Mine is different and i brought my number from a diff. carrier, it might always be different. i dont really know. for the password, i cant remember if it is the ESN hex or dec but i believe it is not in caps. i also remember that you dial #777. I set it all up and got it working for emergencies a couple of months ago, then usb port on my pearl went out so i cant see if it still works. i think the reason you arent getting replies to these questions is because it is against CS TOS to tether. i read about it, and it looks like they can cancel your data because of it.

PM- I think you talked me in to the Hero. i feel like a traitor though. What does everyone think about the reliability and htc's track record? My BB pearl is very tough. i tear up phones fast, but my BB has been dropped every day, and even sat at the bottom of the toilet for at least 2 minutes. i took it apart and put it in the oven for a few minutes, and the only thing wrong with it was the screen. im just worried that i will break the hero in a few months.

Hey P1...i seen ya observing my thread..glad you posted, i see this is your first and welcome to the stacks. Are you a member of any other forums? What csouth do you call home?

Yeh the Hero is gonna be amazing for sure. Bb is a hardy device thats for sure..and hopefully with otterbox making something for the hero it will help alot. It does have the glass screen and honestly with having iphones..there pretty strong, they would have to be if they make the phone for the public to use. Htc in the past..lets start with (in the past)..htc hasnt ever been the issue..think about it...all the issues have been Windows Mobile and its stability. Im pretty sure android will be the key factor here. I have not read many negative things said about the UK hero..mostly thats its stable and reliable...we shall see though..good thing about android is that os fixes are as easy as bb are. The android os can be rooted..unrooted..hacked and jacked for new os's and new fixes..pretty amazing. We dont have much longer to wait either. I know DM has preordered his..anyone else? Nov 5th will come slow but one things for sure...it WILL be here lol. On Oct 27 and 28th..ill have the Hero in my hands and will explore EVERYTHING...that is if i get it sooner! lol...ill post pics and all that for everyones Hero fix lol. Sorry for not posting today..i was off and odly enough..i didnt get a single notifacation that anyone had posted..when i got home i seen yall posted an entire page lol.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

P1Scream no está en línea Stack level 2
    Unfortunately, i'm in Memphis. I read Crackberry, but i never post. I got all my friends and family turned on to BB, and now i am their repairman. Hardware and Software. I'm already reading up on android so hopefully i wont be completely iliterate if i get one. Is Nov. 5th the official date? i must have missed that. i read most of the 60 pages though. i preordered one the other day, just in case. I am still going to find a Tour to play with somewhere, maybe i will decide on that instead.

yeh...u may like it. you should be able to go to your local csouth and the DCS there will show it to you. i like mine but....i need a new challenge...had a good run with bb but..off to new and better things....i hope lol.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Hey folks. Thanks for the reply on my issue with tethering and getting my phone fixed. PM - I got everything up and running againn phone works fine. I don't know if its my phone or an 8830 issue but this randomly rebooting is getting annoying. The good thing is the Hero is right around the corner. This is as bad as waiting on Christmas! Lol! I did preorder to Hero and I have read mothing but great things about it with the exception that typing is slow. Most reviews say that coming from the blackberry typing experience on a full keyboard is the issue and that folks who haven't used a berry won't notice anything. However, I am torn over giving up my berry for android but the HTC Sense UI is the reason I'm interested. Without that I wouldn't be considering it at all. So I'll wait and see when it gets here. I've waited a year to get rid of this 8830 I think three more weeks will be ok. And, btw, my issue with the 8830 has been lack of memory. Everything else is great.

so you got ur os back on ur bb?? did you update it to the newest os?
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Yeah getting the os back was easy. I tried to put it back on and for whatever reason it wouldn't work. I tried app loader and dm but neither worked. Kept saying app loader didn't have an os for my phone. I thought maybe it was the version so instead of putting .169 back on I put on whatever was on the cellsouth download page. It worked and everything is fine now. Except gps of course. Can't wait for the Hero or Tour. I can't make up my mind! Lol!