Page 57 of 68 FirstFirst ... 5253545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by pmarshall Gotta love it!...I watched some reviews on youtube last night on ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    Gotta love it!...I watched some reviews on youtube last night on the sprint hero...phonedog is my fav..Noah really gives "HIS" opinions and i def value them, he has done reviews for a while now and he had pretty much nothing but good to say about the device...impressed....even more excited.

I watched the same vid and was also impressed

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    u know you dont need the 5.0 dm to tether right?
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

i want the hero in my hands right now lol..ill walk across the street to spring and play with it everyday til we get it..hahah..JJ
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Still watching vids and am still impressed by the Hero, but the lack of software to backup or restore or to switch phones is a deal breaker for me and another reason I will wait for a Tour. The dm has made it easy for me to switch phones from a Curve to a Storm before. Once had to restore my Curve and it was a snap. It is a real pain to have something happen to a phone and lose everything and have to start all over.

Quote Originally Posted by walkintall67 View Post
    Still watching vids and am still impressed by the Hero, but the lack of software to backup or restore or to switch phones is a deal breaker for me and another reason I will wait for a Tour. The dm has made it easy for me to switch phones from a Curve to a Storm before. Once had to restore my Curve and it was a snap. It is a real pain to have something happen to a phone and lose everything and have to start all over.
    Anyone "actually" know how to do this?
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

robcross72 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PM, yes I know. The problem is that after a year of working my tethering stopped working 3 weeks ago. I tried tetherberry and it works but I'm not paying 49.00 for that. My gps and tehering both stopped working within the last month after a year of use. I have wiped my 8830 and reloaded os. Nothing. Tried rolling back to 4.2. Nothing. Tried the hybrid and still nothing. I wiped with JL_Commander and relaoded os and again nothing. It is really pissing me off. I've read that folks with sprint and verizon are having same issues. The problem is some folks are having the same issues and others aren't. I'll give up facebook, twitter, games, and other stuff but I have got to have tethering and gps. And honestly I really is fishy that these stop working on my berry when the Hero is announced and now it seems the Hero is being pushed. I go to the stores and the reps try and convince me to not get a curve and not wait on the tour but to get the hero. I know what you have stated about the tour's issues but its odd when you put everything together. I am glad cellsouth doesn't want to release a buggy phone but this is ridiculous. I want and NEED gps and tehering. I'm tired of driving around town for wifi. Yes if I would pay the money I could have tetherberry. But why when I didn't have to for a year. And yes I followed the step by step directions on how to tether and nothing works. Just tell me how to get tehering and gps to work and I'll be 100% satisified with cellsouth.

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    Anyone "actually" know how to do this?
    Now how to do what?

backup
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by walkintall67 View Post
    when you say switch phones what do you mean? Put your stored info on one to another? Not activating a phone?

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Lol. I had problems backing up my storm for a while now. And this morning I actually got it to back up. I upgraded my OS. And yes I always back up before I do this.

OK...here it is.....YES hero does come with a desktop manager. It does pretty much everything all the other pdas do..uses sync and also backs up apps music and contacts to a server host...hope that kills the deal breaker for ya Walkn
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Where is the information on that dm for Hero? And to answer the backup-restore-switch phone question, I have pulled a restore off several times with no problems. Switching from one phone to another after purchasing, all the apps and settings, etc. Still thinkin PM lol

lol..well there is DEF a backup and restore for Hero...no question about it. uses sync and is easy, so dont let backup and restore capabilities stop you lol.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Was wondering, since it was supposed to be so advanced.

yeh....i knew better be able to..lol..but wasnt sure...but now we know it does.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH