Page 54 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4950515253545556575859 ... LastLast

I'd def deny 66 percent too if it were my company...if my company had a ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

I'd def deny 66 percent too if it were my company...if my company had a 66 return..I wouldn't tell anyone either lol..I'd say.."A small percent" lol to cover my a** lolol

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    2 weeks ago...boy genius..blackberry....and pinstack all reported 66% return rate for vzw and sprint tours.
    Didnt they all use the same report however? The one in the article if I am not mistaken.

Like, I said, it is possible it is that high, but I find it hard to believe. Perhaps it was that high on the early builds, but not after the initial batch was shipped? Not sure why sprint and VZ would put out statements that conflict with the data that the others are putting out. Where would they get the data anyway if it were not from the only two that sell the phone right now?

I have a csouth tour and a vzw tour..the vzw tour was replaced 4 times before I finally got one that works.

PIN/ID
    ask
    I'd def deny 66 percent too if it were my company...if my company had a 66 return..I wouldn't tell anyone either lol..I'd say.."A small percent" lol to cover my a** lolol
    Yeah, but sprint and VZ dont make the phone. If anyone would deny it would be RIM, but I am not sure they would have access to that info. Only sprint and VZ know for sure, or at least that would be my guess.

PIN/ID
    ask
    I have a csouth tour and a vzw tour..the vzw tour was replaced 4 times before I finally got one that works.
    That does seem excessive.
    Did you have the SAME problem with your CS tour?

Blackberry would know...anyone working in the department that works with returned devices would def know.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Blackberry would know...anyone working in the department that works with returned devices would def know.
    Valid point. Have they released the numbers?

I beleieve ? would def know about the return rate...so..vzw and sprint buy the phones...when its returned to them for warranty..its replaced my rim..like any other company..so therefor ? would def know about the returns. I read an article stating with the return rate of the storm and now the tour that vzw may stop selling ? all together. Not sure how that stands now but...it was out there.

kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    msmith, heres some more reading for you... http://www.pcworld.com/article/17217...te_report.html

Just that 66 percent is all I read....get on pinstack....yall read allllllllll the articles stackers have posted about there vzw srpint tours....its crazy

parrotreb no está en línea Stack level 2
    So, the tour is a POS? Certainly seems the implication being made.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Eller says he's confident that his report is accurate and the statements from the operators conflict with his research. He did not examine all Sprint retail channels but talked to people in the field who reported the high return rates. "Whether or not that's representative of Sprint in its entirety, that's tough to say, but it is happening," he said.
    This is my problem with it. He admits it may not be a representative of sprint in its entirety. Hell, on ANY piece of electronics I can do a survey and come up with results that I want. Read any internet forum, and MOST posts are complaints, if for no other reason, most people dont post about how they had no problems.

I dont doubt there have been returns, and problems. There is enough out there to validate that. I just doubt that it is over half of the units made is all. Couple that with the only two selling its denials.

Sorry if it comes off as me arguing just to argue, not my intention.

I wouldn't go that far..I'd say its being perfected....

PIN/ID
    ask
    In any case, although I am eager for the Tour and Hero myself, I have no problem with CS making sure it is right before release.

thast good..im glad everyone is seeing it that way...and not getting frusterated....when it comes out...im sure it will be problem free..but if not dont attack me haha i didnt make it lol
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH