Page 53 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4849505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by pmarshall umm bout 4 or 5 diff things Can you be more ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    umm bout 4 or 5 diff things
    Can you be more specific?

robcross72 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ok that does make sense with your comparison of the iphone and it having a glass screen. Hopefully Otterbox will have that case out for it soon. But I am wondering what kind of protection they will provide for the screen. The otterbox I have for my blackberry has that silicone screen protector. It is my understanding that the Hero's touch screen will only work with direct finger to screen contact. Anybody have an answer or theory about that.

As far as the Snap goes I have ruled it out. It does not have 3.5 headphone jack. Cannot have a smartphone and not be able to listen to music or podcasts through headphones. I want the Tour but it seems like cellsouth is holding it until whatever issues there are get fixed. Hopefully they can work with RIM to get those issues fixed.

Hey PM, is the release date for the Hero still Nov 5th or is it possible the rumored 27th of Oct could be true? I ask because I have also heard that it will be the 12th of Nov.

Hey all. I just checked the cellsouth website for the heck of it and I noticed that the only blackberry phones listed for sale are the pearl flip (black and pink) and the curve. Plus I read rumors on crackberry that reps are now telling customers to get the Hero because the Tour won't be out til sometime in December with a heafty price tag (249 with 50 rebate). I am beginning to wonder how much it will cost to end my contract and head to another carrier where I can get the Tour or another phone. The Hero needs to come quick and better be all its cracked up to be.

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    MS...not sure what i can say so ill choose not to...its basically normal bb issuesbut a few more complicated. wish i could disclose more. Rob...the date for hero is set in stone as of right now nov 5...it could however be nov 2 IF they let it out early, but it will only be a day or 3 not weeks. The otterbox for iphone is same as bb..so if otterbox does make one for hero it will also be the same. The screen still works fully with the cover on it. Rob "I am beginning to wonder how much it will cost to end my contract and head to another carrier where I can get the Tour or another phone."....why would you leave csouth? because a phone is being perfected and not rushed out??
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

MS is right...glass or plastic..it can break..ive had 4 iphones and many friends with them and only seen one broken...it was literally smashed my a foot so it did shatter...ive dropped mine and never had even a scratch..luck...prolly but either way...otterbox to the rescue for a lil more padding? lol..i hope so!
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

PM - It is mainly impatience. Sometimes I can rattle of at the mouth. The thing is this, if the Hero is all it is promoted to be it will be awesome and I won't think twice about giving up my blackberry. Its nervousness and impatience. Plus I wish I had the opportunity to compare the two side by side before making up my mind. But doesnt look at that will happen. Im sure I will be getting the Hero when it gets here but I can complain every now and then. Lol!

lol..i hear ya man...my tour is GONE!...just as soon as they can get a HERO in my hands! lol. The 2 are nothing alike...hard to compare...im very impatient too...i have been wanting to buy my new car for 2 years..and now im getting married and have to wait til after that..thennnnn after i buy a house..soooo..prolly another year...it drives me NUTS to wait for anything i want..lol.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

msudawg no está en línea Stack level 1
    pm.. of your personal opinion which phone would you rather have? the tour or the hero?

Well..the post right above pretty much explains that lol

kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3

Arrow

Ok, so first things first. Yes I want the Tour just as bad(if not worse) than anyone reading this. No I'm not going to get a Hero. But I came across this article I think everyone should read: http://www.macworld.com/article/1428...erry_tour.html This is a valid reason for CS not wanting to release the Tour quite yet. I'm sure they hard at testing it and working with RIM every day to get all the issues resolved. It wouldn't look good on any company to release something, when they would get back around half of what they sold! That''s just crazy.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by kylemcdonald87 View Post
    Ok, so first things first. Yes I want the Tour just as bad(if not worse) than anyone reading this. No I'm not going to get a Hero. But I came across this article I think everyone should read: http://www.macworld.com/article/1428...erry_tour.html This is a valid reason for CS not wanting to release the Tour quite yet. I'm sure they hard at testing it and working with RIM every day to get all the issues resolved. It wouldn't look good on any company to release something, when they would get back around half of what they sold! That''s just crazy.
    I question the numbers though. According to what I have read from sprint and VZ, the number is not nearly that high. Sorry, I am not sure where I read it though.

Edit: they actually do not say it is that high in this article

Nearly 50 percent of Tours that Sprint sells are being returned, analyst David Eller at TownHall Investment Research wrote in the report. While the trackball problem is the primary reason for the returns, some customers are complaining about the sensitivity of the touch screen, he said.
    Um, the tour does not have a touchscreen

They had 66% return....cs doesn't want that. Wouldn't make sence to release it.

kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yeah I was wondering where macworld got the touchscreen part from myself... still seems like a valid article to me though

PIN/ID
    ask
    Sprint did not confirm the return rate. “We experienced a small percentage of early production BlackBerry Tour smartphones with trackball issues,” Mark J. Elliott, a Sprint spokesman, said via e-mail. “As soon as the issue was identified, we worked closely with our partners at RIM to resolve the problem quickly.”
    Verizon also minimizes the issue. “The Tour is not being returned at a high rate,” Jim Gerace, a Verizon spokesman, said. “It has in fact one of the lowest return rates of any device we currently sell.”
    Again, it MAY be that high, but according to Sprint and Verizon, it is a small percentage. Take it for what its worth.

2 weeks ago...boy genius..blackberry....and pinstack all reported 66% return rate for vzw and sprint tours.