Page 50 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4546474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by pmarshall Lol ok...keep in mind...the magic is 1/8 of what hero will ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    Lol ok...keep in mind...the magic is 1/8 of what hero will be.
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/294
    dang, cuttin that magic down aren't ya? 1/8 is pretty small

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Yes...it has 3 screen instead of 7 on hero..half the processor speed out the box and less ram. Oh and NO Sence UI

kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    doesn't sound like many reasons to buy it in my opinion

Nope!...its only for research. Ill sell it anyhow haha

robcross72 no está en línea Stack level 3
    To answer the question of the other sites, mainly it is crackberry. One guy posted from starkville and if my memory serves me correct there was someone a few weeks ago from north ms or the delta posting similar dates. Doesnt mean its true but hey its something to be excited about.

As far as the Hero is concerned it is looking more and more like I will wait on the Tour. Knowing the Hero has a glass screen is the biggest issue. I am extremely rough on phones and my luck I will walk out the door the first day and crack the screen. Another issue is I simply love BB messenger and the new update is way cool! And none of my friends use any other IM app so its pointless for me to use the other ones. Anyway, can't wait for both to see for sure. I have had way too much of this 8830.

dmchance no está en línea Stack level 3
    Guick question... I talked a friend into downloading the new BB messenger. Dude hates it! He wants to go back to the original. Does anyone have a link to the original BBM I can give to him?
    BlackBerry8130/4.5.0.56 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/179

parrotreb no está en línea Stack level 2
    In connection with my inquiry regarding removing the "sent from Blackberry" line from my emails, PM was helpful but I am the still stuck. I followed PM's advice:

[FONT=Arial]go to csouth1.blackberry.com click edit on the email account and you can change it from there[/FONT]
    Problem is, I don't remember the user id/login and can't find the email confirming it. What do I do? Anyway to find this from CS?

Thanks.

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by robcross72 View Post
    To answer the question of the other sites, mainly it is crackberry. One guy posted from starkville and if my memory serves me correct there was someone a few weeks ago from north ms or the delta posting similar dates. Doesnt mean its true but hey its something to be excited about.

As far as the Hero is concerned it is looking more and more like I will wait on the Tour. Knowing the Hero has a glass screen is the biggest issue. I am extremely rough on phones and my luck I will walk out the door the first day and crack the screen. Another issue is I simply love BB messenger and the new update is way cool! And none of my friends use any other IM app so its pointless for me to use the other ones. Anyway, can't wait for both to see for sure. I have had way too much of this 8830.

I am very excited also, thanks for the info, it came through from a friend of mine yesterday that the 21st is solid unless something else happens. I too am scared of dropping a Hero and watching it break apart.

TheScantronman no está en línea Stack level 2
    So pmarshall, how does this new upgrade if you're on a contract thing work now? I stopped by the Cell South mall kiosk in Mobile over the weekend and the lady said that instead of having to buy a new phone outright if you're still under contract, that they simply just subtract $7.95 a month from the cancellation fee for every month you've had your phone. Is that right?

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by TheScantronman View Post
    So pmarshall, how does this new upgrade if you're on a contract thing work now? I stopped by the Cell South mall kiosk in Mobile over the weekend and the lady said that instead of having to buy a new phone outright if you're still under contract, that they simply just subtract $7.95 a month from the cancellation fee for every month you've had your phone. Is that right?

I heard the same thing from the Southaven store, for phone upgrades.
    Last edited by walkintall67; 10-08-2009 at 01:40 PM.

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by TheScantronman View Post
    I went up to the gulfport store yesterday to get my old lady's curve fixed and they changed it without me paying anything. All I did was say oh yeah I want that new plan too. And the girl said okay you're good to go. And I was out.
    BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.122 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

Yes ur cancellation fee prorates each month but u cant cancel then reopen it to get a new phone. Once you have completed 12 of your 24 months you agreed to then your eligible for upgrade...csouth charges a $36 renewal fee...think of the $36 as a buy out of the other 12 months. You still get full discount and any rebates that are associated with the phone.

As for blackberry username/passwords...go to ur csouth and tell them u need it..we can get it for you..but please try to hang on to it .

DM...there are a lot of how to remove 5.0 threads on here..I'd link ya but I'm away from my comp. Basically use dm to remove and readd bbm...have to have same exact os that's on the phone installed on comp though too.

TheScantronman no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yes ur cancellation fee prorates each month but u cant cancel then reopen it to get a new phone. Once you have completed 12 of your 24 months you agreed to then your eligible for upgrade...csouth charges a $36 renewal fee...think of the $36 as a buy out of the other 12 months. You still get full discount and any rebates that are associated with the phone.

As for blackberry username/passwords...go to ur csouth and tell them u need it..we can get it for you..but please try to hang on to it .

Well this lady said I could still get the discounted phone, say the Hero, but I'd have to pay $130 in fees to cancel the contract w/ my current device.

dmchance no está en línea Stack level 3
    I think the ole boy is basically screwed. I'm sure he never even installed it on his PC. I am going to see him this afternoon, so I will talk to him about it. As for me, I like the changes.
    BlackBerry8130/4.5.0.56 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/179