Page 42 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647 ... LastLast

we currently do not support tethering...... C Spire/Cellular South forum

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

we currently do not support tethering...
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

robcross72 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Cellsouth says they don't support tethering but it worked for me on my 8830 from sept of last year until two weeks ago. About the same time the new aircards came out. So I don't know what happened but it has drastically hurt my wife and I. We now have to drive somewhere and find a wifi connection for our laptop. So it would be really nice if I could get tethering back.
    BlackBerry8830/4.5.0.169 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/294

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Couldnt a blackberry user simply use tetherberry? Or is that what you were using to begin with?

I used tetherberry as a tester but stopped using it when they started charging 39 bucks for it. So I have just been using the other way of setting up a dialup connection. The Hero will tether also but I'm curious to know if "will be supported" or not. No biggie though. Still love my blackberry but it was nice to have when I traveled to be able to connect anywhere.

Let me just say this. I purchased my 8830 sept 17th last year. The only problem I have had with it the entire time was the memory. The 8830 doesn't have much memory to run a lot of apps. Besides that it has been great. From day 1 gps worked like a charm and was very useful during hunting season when tracking deer, esp after dark. It took me about two weeks to find out from the forums how to tether. It has worked flawlessly since. Now around the time the netbooks cam out and we began being able to watch youtube videos my gps stopped working. Went to the local store and the rep even reinstalled the os and it didn't work. Then within the last two weeks tethering stopped working. Honestly out of everything the blackberry can do, those are two of the most needed options I need. Other than that cellsouth is great. Best phone coverage across the state. I won't even consider switching carriers but I really need gps and tethering capabilities.

tethering on the hero...if its anything like the htc diamond and touch pro...gonna be easy and nice....
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Ok pm I just have to ask this. When someone asked about tethering with the 8330 your responded with cellsouth doesn't support tethering but in regards to the hero you say if its like the diamond it will be easy and nice. So if tethering works for htc phones why do blackberry users get the not supported answer?

lol..htc has the software on it...bb doesnt
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Ok so I downloaded the 7 day free trial of Tetherberry. Guess what?! It works great So, based on comments made throughout this thread, I can only conclude cellsouth has updated their network in someway that blocks the tethering if you don't have a program.

Ethan1006 no está en línea Stack level 3
    so there are some youtube vids of the hero already. nice.

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan1006 View Post
    so there are some youtube vids of the hero already. nice.

Yea the vids do make you want the Hero, looks very smooth

amirferdowsi no está en línea Stack level 1
    It is wonderfull.

parrotreb no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    My thought on OS 5...is dont til BB releases it...may cause issues and unless one is VERY knowledgeable on a bb and can fix most anything...dont try it. If a phone come into csouth with 5.0 anything on it..we cant fix it.
    What is the latest OS which CS supports? 4.5? or does CS go up to 4.7?

The Tour is 4.7..pearl flip id 4.6 everything else is 4.5. Sorry for lack of posts yesterday..went out of town to New Orleans...had a blast too. anyway, ok so we have known about the hero for a week or so now and most everyone here has seen the vids and done their own research...let me ask this...whos leaving theor beloved blackberry for this hero?
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    The Tour is 4.7..pearl flip id 4.6 everything else is 4.5. Sorry for lack of posts yesterday..went out of town to New Orleans...had a blast too. anyway, ok so we have known about the hero for a week or so now and most everyone here has seen the vids and done their own research...let me ask this...whos leaving theor beloved blackberry for this hero?
    I may look at a Hero and MAY try one for a few days but I have the very strong feeling that I will stay with a Blackberry. The Curve has been great to me and I am just comfortable with Blackberry. Again I will not knock the Hero without trying it, just love my Berries lol