Page 40 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Ah... My first post on PS... I've been over at CB for a while.. pmarshall, ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Ah... My first post on PS... I've been over at CB for a while.. pmarshall, can you tell us why Cellular South has been leaning heavily towards anything but a BlackBerry? I'm sure RIM can be hard to deal with at times, but it seems that every new phone that CS comes out with is either an HTC or LG. And is there an explanation for why the Tour keeps being removed from the Discover Center and why the World Edition disappearing/reappearing every few days for sale?

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    yeh i read a few pages and it was a JOKE!....well glad you came over....we're a lil more "mature" then some of the posts i read over there. Epocrates!..great app i use it also...im sure there will be a build for it on hero but not sure about right now. I was browsing the android marketplace with my My Touch and seen a podtrapper app with the same orange icon so i suppose its the same...may be diff though not 100% sure. There are so many cool fun apps and business apps...its a great versatile ohone. and the Sence UI ...lol...its got me all teary eyed lol
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

robcross72 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ok folks! I have found something I think those of you interested in the Hero will like to know. I finally googled enough that I found a website that lists a ton of apps for the android os. So check it out and see what y'all think.

http://androidcommunity.com/forums/androidmarket.php

Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    yeh i read a few pages and it was a JOKE!....well glad you came over....we're a lil more "mature" then some of the posts i read over there. Epocrates!..great app i use it also...im sure there will be a build for it on hero but not sure about right now. I was browsing the android marketplace with my My Touch and seen a podtrapper app with the same orange icon so i suppose its the same...may be diff though not 100% sure. There are so many cool fun apps and business apps...its a great versatile ohone. and the Sence UI ...lol...its got me all teary eyed lol
    So do you have any answers to my questions in my last post?

Quote Originally Posted by kylemcdonald87 View Post
    Ah... My first post on PS... I've been over at CB for a while.. pmarshall, can you tell us why Cellular South has been leaning heavily towards anything but a BlackBerry? I'm sure RIM can be hard to deal with at times, but it seems that every new phone that CS comes out with is either an HTC or LG. And is there an explanation for why the Tour keeps being removed from the Discover Center and why the World Edition disappearing/reappearing every few days for sale?

First off we're glad to have you over!.....be a lil patient on my responses..im at work.. ill def try to answer asap though.

We arent leaning away from BB at all...its just lg makes and releases more models than bb and not everyone is a PDA user. We still have to have an aray of models and types so lg and samsung, nokia, and moto will alwyas be available and will release more than PDA makers. Htc will always be around for Android and Winmo...some business can ONLY have winmo phones so we have to carry those..and once again..customers wasnt variety so we will have more than one. No idea on the Tour on the webpage but dont worry about it...doesnt mean anything..its comming..i have it in my pocket as we speak. The 8830 world edition is END OF LIFE and bb is no longer making it and will only be available to customers with warranty issues. Hope that helps some.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Hey again! I am having a very slow day at work so I am able to do some searching. I found something called Cyrket. From the Bing search heading it says that it is a desktop browser of some sorts to view Android apps without having to use a phone. Unfortunately the information systems guys here have a web filter installed and that page is blocked. If anyone has a chance, please check it out and let us know if it is what I am thinking it is. Thanks.

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Rob, a quick look shows that you can look at the apps for android. Just opens up a website with the info.
    Thanks, it is very informative from a glance

Hero pre order will begin oct 4.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Thanks pm

NP!
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Pmarshall, what do you know about this new upgrade for the Curve 8330? It is version 5.0.0.230 and platform 3.5.0.30. I know the Tour is way better than the Curve esp for memory. Ive been testing out things on the Curve my wife got last week and I really like it. I'm sure I will love the Tour more but what is your take (or anybody else's) about going ahead and getting the 8330 and doing the software upgrade?

Don't do 5.0. Its not official from ? yet.
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/294

Ok thanks. Thats what i figured but wanted to ask anyway. I guess i just need to deal with the wait and hopefully before the Hero gets here we will know a set in stone date for the Tour.

Thanks for the reply pm... it's nice to actually have someone from CS on here to answer some questions... Have you heard anything about a pre-order option for the Tour?

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    PM you are staying busy!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!