Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

I am on the cell south network and a proud bb owner. My internet is ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

albrownlee89 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

I am on the cell south network and a proud bb owner. My internet is really quick. I would think that all phones on cell south network benefit from it being a 3g network. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Gpc...the 8330 curve supports our 3G and its pretty fast imo...the diamond is super fast on 3G...any other questions ill be pleased to ask sorry it took so long to answer you.

Hey I am having trouble with my bb. It often loads for Lond periods of time and deletes my text messages before I read them. My memory is not really really low. I still have a reasonably amount of memory left. Please help!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Do u have a mem card?

yeah I do. It is a 1gb.

Who installed it??

A cell south rep when I bought it

Can you go to options)status) and copy and past in here how much file free space you have for me?

dmchance no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am also s cellular south consumer. I don't mean to jump I in, and please don't take offense, but why would it matter who installed it? It would make more sense to ask if it was formatted and if media was being stored on it. My phone did the exact same thing and it was not because of a memory card. This is how I fixed my problem. If you have the memory card in use, make sure in your media options that you are not storing pictures, music, etc... on your phone memory. I would also delete all non-vital emails and SMS. Empty your browsing history. I would also delete your event log (shift lglg). Also check to see all the applications that are running at once (shift / back key). If several programs other than the essential 5 are open, this eats the memory as well as making the phone function very slowly. I also would recommend downloading Soft Reset. This application does the same thing as a battery pull without having to go through the trouble of taking the cover off. This also frees up memory. A good rule of thumb I follow is not to let my memory go below 5000000 bytes. This prevents any of my important messages from disappearing. Last and not least is to delete the sample pictures and video. There is a tutorial in the forums on all I have listed. I hope this helps. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Your right, it doesn't matter who put it in except for the fact that I see many people a day at work who purchase a mem card AFTER leaving my store and still come across mem issues. That's why I asked "who" installed it. When abrownlee responded with, the rep at the store, I didn't ask if it were formated,yet. That would be my next step, to ask if its formatted. All the other stuff are normal things blackberry ussers should do but don't learn til later down the road. You just jumped ahead of me that's all. I help people with simple questions and problem solve accordingly. If they say they installed it then how they know to format it? There's no manual saying to do so but the rep did it so I assume its formatted since its our job. And don't take me wrong, I'm just explaning my reasons for the direction I was heading to try to solve the issue. So abrownlee, everything said by dmchance is right and try those for sure. I just hadn't gotten that far with ya yet lol

dmchance no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    All the other stuff are normal things blackberry ussers should do but don't learn til later down the road. You just jumped ahead of me that's all. I help people with simple questions and problem solve accordingly. If they say they installed it then how they know to format it? There's no manual saying to do so but the rep did it so I assume its formatted since its our job. And don't take me wrong, I'm just explaning my reasons for the direction I was heading to try to solve the issue. So abrownlee, everything said by dmchance is right and try those for sure. I just hadn't gotten that far with ya yet lol
    I should not have jumped in and let you continue. My apologies. I guess the reason I did was because I have had bad experiences with Cellular South technical support in the past not answering my questions to the degree that I thought they could have explained things, only to come here to Pinstack and with a little reading and research find the answer myself. I should have realized that you being a fellow stacker as well, you would have gotten to those tips in due time! Again, sorry for jumping in. I was only trying to help.

On another note, what is up with Cellular South and the GPS? Tecnical support could never really answer that one clearly for me.

Lol yeh the stacks have given me all my knowledge...not trained at csouth that's for sure lol. Now with gps... It does work but its shaky for some reason...with upgrading to 4.5 and a few adjustments with gps turned to location on..u "should" get gps working. I have quite a few friends whom done this with success and a few with no success. Sometimes I wonder myself what cs is doin and thinking. Doesn't make sence. Lol

Ethan1006 no está en línea Stack level 3
    As a friend of Marshall and one of those GPS users, I agree with Marshall that it works just not very well. Not sure if he said anything about it but I suggest using google maps. It ain't as pin point as a GPS but it'll get you close enough to find yourself and what you are looking for.

http://maps.google.com/gmm/apps/v2.1...rce=localxhtml

This is the page to download google maps.

bman6965 no está en línea Stack level 1
    how do i connect to the internet thru my blackberry on my laptop

50462720 Bytes is how much mem I have I checked to make sure everything media wise is stored on my memory card and I have no applications open and it still deletes my messages I also have the setting for auto delete set on forever. Sometimes it deletes my new incoming text messages before I can read them.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast