Page 39 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

What is the date of the Snap and what does it do in comparison to ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

parrotreb no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

What is the date of the Snap and what does it do in comparison to the Tour?

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    its WINMO so its pretty diff than Tour is. Ill have to do some research and find out about it. I didnt know we were getting it til you said someting haha..noone here did.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

robcross72 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ok Please Please Please find out what is going on! I can't believe that cellsouth is delaying the Tour in favor of this cheap ripoff. Not trying to be rude but it has winmo 6.1 and a 2.0 megapixel camera with no focus. The forums are full of posts about how horrible the winmo 6.1 is. If even a third of them are true, I would be scared to get that phone. Cellsouth has made extreme progress by getting the Hero and the Tour but to delay the Tour for this thing is crazy to me. Just my opinion. And because of work related issues, it looks as though I may not be able to use the Hero and will need to stick with the Blackberry. So please find something out about the Tour or I will just have to go ahead and use my upgrade on the Curve. This 8830 is on its last leg. Thanks.

Tours commign thats for sure.....ill try and see if i can get a round a bout date.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Hmm, wonder why they went with the Snap instead of the Ozone? Same basic phone, but lacking WiFi and world roaming capability.

Looks plasticy!

My guess would be because the Tour is a world phone and it would be direct competition with the Tour...just a guess.
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/294

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    My guess would be because the Tour is a world phone and it would be direct competition with the Tour...just a guess.
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/294
    Possible, the lack of wifi sucks though. Well that sucks on the Tour as well I guess.

PIN/ID
    ask
    This is the version of the snap that I wish they had to release

http://www.htc.com/www/product/snap/gallery.html

Much better looking, trackball like a berry, looks softer
    Looks like it is in europe

Well the old saying is "Good things come to those that wait", but I'm not very patient. Lol! If I understand correctly, isnt the Snap and the Ozone basically the same phone? Also, from the info posted in the discovery center, it seems the Snap is really a basic phone that allows for email and the basics. IMO it would seem the Tour is a better choice for the die hard Blackberry users. For that matter it seems the Hero would be a great alternative as well, but not the Snap. Oh well, can't do anything but wait. Thanks for keeping us posted.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by robcross72 View Post
    Well the old saying is "Good things come to those that wait", but I'm not very patient. Lol! If I understand correctly, isnt the Snap and the Ozone basically the same phone? Also, from the info posted in the discovery center, it seems the Snap is really a basic phone that allows for email and the basics. IMO it would seem the Tour is a better choice for the die hard Blackberry users. For that matter it seems the Hero would be a great alternative as well, but not the Snap. Oh well, can't do anything but wait. Thanks for keeping us posted.
    Aside from the two differences I posted, I THINK the Ozone is the same phone.

Looks like it is capable enough, just not what a berry user wants.

dmchance no está en línea Stack level 3
    While we are on the subject of HTC... Another hero question. In my decision making thought process, I the android device has to have a few of my "must have" apps. I saw the mention of Pandora. Got to have that. I also need a voice to text program such as vlingo. Has anyone ran across something like that yet?
    BlackBerry8130/4.5.0.56 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/179

No wifi on tour no...would be nice for the folks in lower coverage areas. We have to carry winmo devices for certain companies. So we will have them and the couple we have had that were touch screen...well...no so well. this one not being touch may be the trick we need to maintain the larger biz accounts and keep their business.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

DMchance, I have the same questions. The problem I have run into can be summarized two ways. The first is that the Android Market has the list of all the apps available just like Blackberry App World. The problem is that the Android website only list a handful of the thousands they have. To find out all the apps it seems you have to have access to a phone that has Android Market on it so you can browse all the apps. The other issue is that it seems from my research that the forums fro Android phones are nowhere as near as extensive as those for Blackberry. Thats somewhat understandable considering Android is fairly new compared to the Blackberry. But my concern is from what Ive seen from those forums most of the posts are concerning problems and there is not much in the way oh helpful advice like we find at Pinstack or Crackberry. My wife calls me a nerd or geek when it comes to this cause I spend so much time reading up on the phones. I say that to say I am still researching and so far all I have found is that the Hero apps are more in the arena of fun apps, however I can tell the Hero has the potential to be highly productive like the Blackberry. If I find out more I will post as I know others will.

Great research rob..my fiance calls me a nerd too...lol...funny cuz its not me at all. I have found that the hero does everything the bb does and better and easier besides BBM of course. All the apps for bb are or will be available for hero...marketplace for androis has over 11,000 apps and it grows on average of 15o new apps a day...thats astonishing. Theres not as many issues as you think..gotta think..alot of people who publish issues are either 1. and actual issue..or 2. it doesnt do what they want it to do. So have to weigh that into consideration also. The G1 was first...was groundbreaking but wasnt sufficent enough to use very well with lack of memory and processing speed and the Build on it was new. Like a new car...never know whats gonna go wrong with...research and development. That car a few years later may be perfect. the 1.6 build thats gonna be on the hero is strong...do research on the uk hero..not the magic...and see what ya find
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Outstanding info! Thanks. I will research what you say. BTW, you made a comment about Podtrapper being available on the Hero. Did you mean the actual Podtrapper app or one similar to it? When I went to the versatilemonkey website I got the impression it was only for Blackberry but I could be wrong. I was tired when I was researching it and chose sleep over deep looking. Does anybody know if there is an app for the Hero like Epocrates? Again, my search of the website didn't yield the info I wanted, but that doesn't mean anything. I would like to add this, that I am enjoying this forum for the fact that information is being shared way more than people just posting gripes that take up space. Thanks guys and gals!