Page 36 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

My latest sojourn to the CS store (to try and add another band aid to ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

parrotreb no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

My latest sojourn to the CS store (to try and add another band aid to my BB) revealed the following information:

Guy #1 - The Tour will be available October 21, our regional manager was here this morning and verified the date for us:

Guy #2 - The Tour will be available November 21, at the earliest. I don't know if the regional manager was here this morning. When asked why I was given 2 different dates in the same store within minutes of each other, "I don't know;" and,

Guy # 3 - The Tour will not be available until October 31, "absolutely." When asked why his was the third different answer in the same store within minutes, vapid smile and absolutely October 31.

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    What exactly do you mean by system requirements??

No, the mytouch is not a csouth phone.
    What computer operating system will it be able to sync with? Windows 7 or Mac OSX 10.6 or both (I hope).

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...i assure you theres no date as of last Thursday. Today may be diff but i still wouldnt feel comfortable telling you a date unless iheard it from corporate. Tours been pushed back once already so until its in stone...i wouldnt give a date. Now, the Hero is in stone so expect that date.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

robcross72 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hey! I'm full of questions today. Ok here it is. I'm used to all the many apps that are available for the blackberry. Will the Hero have the apps like the blackberry? I have a couple of apps I paid for that I know are only for blackberry such as Podtrapper. The weather app I bought is no big deal cause what I saw on the video's the Hero's weather app is awesome. So what about podcast apps and other apps we love about the blackberry. Will there be similar apps for the Hero? I'm asking because I'm more interested in the Hero. And one other for now. How is the typing on the Hero? Fast, slow, good but not as good as the blackberry? Thanks again for all your answers and info.
    BlackBerry8830/4.5.0.169 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/294

Quote Originally Posted by mrholder View Post
    What computer operating system will it be able to sync with? Windows 7 or Mac OSX 10.6 or both (I hope).
    ohhh...you know..i really dont know about 7..but xp and vista i can say yes...mac..?? Honestly dont know. I have vista and my androids have been good with it.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    ohhh...you know..i really dont know about 7..but xp and vista i can say yes...mac..?? Honestly dont know. I have vista and my androids have been good with it.
    Thanks. I'm pretty sure the Hero will sync with a Mac. Just looking at the Android site, the developers can install the sdk on a Windows or Mac machine, but that's about all I know at this point.

Ok guys. I just stumbled across the android website. I haven't even thought of that. I've searching for the Hero. Anyway, there are apps for the android systems. One in particular that blackberry users are familiar with is Documents to Go. Pandora is also available. And they have at least on podcast app called Listen. Its from google so I don't know how good it may be. From the website you'll find that more are available from the actual phone through what's called android market. Supposedlź there are thousands. At least that's what the website says. Anyway just wanted to share that. It seems the more I research the more excited I am getting about the Hero.

dmchance no está en línea Stack level 3
    I must say I am with Rob on this one. I did not think much about the Hero until I started to do a little digging. The more I read and watch, the more open minded I have become. The Hero is definitely going to be my next device. It is going to be like the BlackBerry was to me in the beginning... A little intimidating, but huge learning experience worth every bit! Can't wait to play with it!
    BlackBerry8130/4.5.0.56 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/179

Quote Originally Posted by robcross72 View Post
    Hey! I'm full of questions today. Ok here it is. I'm used to all the many apps that are available for the blackberry. Will the Hero have the apps like the blackberry? I have a couple of apps I paid for that I know are only for blackberry such as Podtrapper. The weather app I bought is no big deal cause what I saw on the video's the Hero's weather app is awesome. So what about podcast apps and other apps we love about the blackberry. Will there be similar apps for the Hero? I'm asking because I'm more interested in the Hero. And one other for now. How is the typing on the Hero? Fast, slow, good but not as good as the blackberry? Thanks again for all your answers and info.
    Great questions..Pod trapper YES! I also use that on my bb..but its def available for android. All the weather apps are available also. The apps are amazing for android. The games are like iphone style...uses accelerometer.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

im glad to see peopl are having the same feelins as i am on this. If we all get it we can be supports for one another and share info and apps. Yall should go check out Sherpa.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Ok so what about the typing. What is your experience pmarshall with that? Now I am sooooo ready to give this a try. Dmchance's comments I can relate to about the bb being intimidating at first. I think I've been nervous about switching to something new esp a new platform. Now won't it hurry up and get her?! Lol!

Ethan1006 no está en línea Stack level 3
    i haven't heard anything either way about the hero having word or excel as for email, yes it can email not sure about muliplys, would think so tho being a smart phone. as for the teathering the network is being changed all the time. we don't actually say our phone can teather on our network tho. as for liking one smart phone over the other you have 14 days to try a phone and if you don"t like it you can exchange it for another phone if you want to try the hero and not like it exchange it in the 14 days for the tour. it'll cost the difference in price of the phones. has to be in same condition as you bought it and has to have everything back you got with it.

Ethan1006 no está en línea Stack level 3
    the keyboard was one of my conserns to, mine mostly was typing in landscape not just portrit mode. so from wht i understand the keyboard should shift when you turn the hero as for typing on it i didn't get to do any so not sure how it will feel as far as speed.

Good deal! Thanks. You actually answered another question. I haven't seen any pictures or videos (yet) that shows the Hero in landscape mode. I've still got to check the youtube videos folks are talking about but I at least no for sure now that it does that. Thanks again!

Keyboard is accurate! real easy to type on and has a one of a kind style of typing...check out the youtibe vids..youll like it.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH