Page 35 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

People say good and bad things about the backberries also, cant make everyone happy. The ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

People say good and bad things about the backberries also, cant make everyone happy. The hero can do multi emials yes..ill find out about the word, docs and powerpoint...i dont see why i doesnt .
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

rob..thumbs up for your docs question.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

dmchance no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yeah Phil. Saw the Sense UI video. Unbelievable!! Also checked out many of the demonstrations on you tube. This device is going to be freaking awesome. I held out for the newest BlackBerry, but seeing this device has made me realize that there is a whole lot more to smartphones than BlackBerry. Congrats to Cellular South for coming out with this! I look for this to be a very hot item. Hope they bought enough!
    Also I use the docs programs like Rob, but I live at work through my excel files. Having the ability to view and edit them is the only other thing I needed to hear to confirm my decision!
    BlackBerry8130/4.5.0.56 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/179

You got it! thats from way above too. so it better! lol
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

parrotreb no está en línea Stack level 2
    I haven't read through all 35 pages of posts, although the posts I have scanned appear informative. My question is this: why is CS dragging its feet with the Tour? Getting an answer of "soon" for the last 2 months, when inquiring as to the availability of a phone CS advised me to wait on, is quite old and tired. Even with a prior good experience with CS on a coverage level (not service), a great value in the unlimited plan and the possibility of what appears to be a better plan for multiple phones, I am growing tired of CS's mantra of "soon" and same borders on substantially demonstrating inability to competently launch a new product.

Ok heres the breakdown on the Tour.....As anyone knows whom follows the forums, Verizon and Sprint "raced" to launch the Tour and harped on BB to get them them phone first which in turn has resulted in a 66% return rate and im sure ANYONE would agree and understand that from a business point of view that a 66% return rate is horrible. When we recieved our Tours for demo we have been testing in everyday use and have found some bugs that we have been in contact with RIM about. Rim is making new softwarea long with fixing other things. Think of it this way...WE HAVE the phone and will release it when its ready so your carrier (csouth) has your best interest in mind and wanna make sure your new BB experience is the best and not 66% good. Stick with us and be patient please.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    Ok heres the breakdown on the Tour.....As anyone knows whom follows the forums, Verizon and Sprint "raced" to launch the Tour and harped on BB to get them them phone first which in turn has resulted in a 66% return rate and im sure ANYONE would agree and understand that from a business point of view that a 66% return rate is horrible. When we recieved our Tours for demo we have been testing in everyday use and have found some bugs that we have been in contact with RIM about. Rim is making new softwarea long with fixing other things. Think of it this way...WE HAVE the phone and will release it when its ready so your carrier (csouth) has your best interest in mind and wanna make sure your new BB experience is the best and not 66% good. Stick with us and be patient please.
    All that is well and good. I am a longtime CS customer and would really like to remain one. I have a Pearl (thought I wanted a smaller phone) that has pretty much been a POS since the day I got it. Despite numerous efforts by CS to band aid the thing, it continued with problems, all of which were implied to be my fault, never the device. When I inquired about replacing it with a Curve on the first day I was eligible for an upgrade, I was told that I should wait for the newest BB, which would be available within a month. Now, it's another month later and the only answer I can get is "soon." Comforting. Patience with CS is not something of which I have much. As soon as I buy another BB, the Tour will magically appear and I will be stuck with an inferior device, or shell out $4-500 or more to get the Tour.

I am not trying to shoot the messenger, I appreciate your candor. But CS's company line of "soon" now rings hollow with me, as CS doesn't itself know when "soon" will be.

Thanks for letting me vent.

lol..i DEF hear ya...i too have to wait for new devices and have Zero patience and usually end up buying overseas to have the newest and coolest device. Tour is amazing trust me...its in my hand right now...Camera is outstanding and the keypad IS the best ive used and i have had every bb from all carriers. We just need to make sure you the customer will not have the issues we that are testing it are experiencing. If you dont mind me asking..what store do you visit?
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    What are the system requirements for the Hero going to be? And another question, I saw "My Touch" in your sig. Is that going to be another CSouth phone down the road?

Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    lol..i DEF hear ya...i too have to wait for new devices and have Zero patience and usually end up buying overseas to have the newest and coolest device. Tour is amazing trust me...its in my hand right now...Camera is outstanding and the keypad IS the best ive used and i have had every bb from all carriers. We just need to make sure you the customer will not have the issues we that are testing it are experiencing. If you dont mind me asking..what store do you visit?
    Madison and Ridgeland. At this point, I will probably buy a Curve from another source to activate on CS so I don't waste my upgrade option, although other carriers are looking more and more attractive every time I try to find out when "soon" may be.
    Last edited by parrotreb; 09-30-2009 at 01:58 PM.

robcross72 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ok so pmarshall, I agree with parrotreb that I appreciate your candor. But one question I have is with all the updates coming our on different carriers, why wouldn't cellsouth go ahead and let its customers have the phone. Its obvious that the serious berry users know how to do upgrades and probably have done this several times. It just seems we can experience it ourselves and then dive into crackberry or pinstack to find our answers and get fixes for them. Also, I'm curious. I may have misunderstood but I got the impression you were saying the Hero was better than the Tour. I know its comparing dogs and cows. To me both sound amazing and I would love both. Unfortunately I can only afford to have one. Just curious since I know have to wait til nov to get either one of them.
    BlackBerry8830/4.5.0.169 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/294

Quote Originally Posted by mrholder View Post
    What are the system requirements for the Hero going to be? And another question, I saw "My Touch" in your sig. Is that going to be another CSouth phone down the road?
    What exactly do you mean by system requirements??

No, the mytouch is not a csouth phone.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

why wouldn't cellsouth go ahead and let its customers have the phone. Its obvious that the serious berry users know how to do upgrades and probably have done this several times.

Because what if its not a simple software fix like faulty trackballs..how would you fix it? thats a manufactor defect. Thats the issue with VZW and Sprint..66% of tours had bad TB's...OS changes are easy and fix most things..but not hardware. Thats what has to be made sure wouldnt happen.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

robcross72 no está en línea Stack level 3
    See that's what I'm talking! Info! Thank you again pmarshall. I did not know it was a hardware not a software issue. That makes a lot of sense. Will gps work on both the hero and tour? Or right now is it "a supposed" to thing?
    BlackBerry8830/4.5.0.169 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/294

lol...np!!...the Tour works great as well as the Hero..the Hero located me on google maps very accuratly.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH