Page 34 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

So does anyone know why tethering has stopped working? I've been using my 8830 and ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

robcross72 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

So does anyone know why tethering has stopped working? I've been using my 8830 and my wife's Pearl for nearly a year as a modem for our laptop. Both stopped working last week. She got a new Curve friday and we cannot get it to work either. I'm hearing rumors cellsouth is blocking it due to the new air card they are selling but I don't understand how they could block that. That was the biggest reason we purchased blackberries in the first place. Any help or advice is much appreciated.

Also, I'm interested in the Hero but would love the Tour also. I'm hearing cellsouth will get it on Oct 27th. Any word on that.

Again, thank you!
    BlackBerry8830/4.5.0.169 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/294

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    which phone on the 27th?
    tour or hero
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Quote Originally Posted by rod1906 View Post
    Does anyone know, whether or not the HTC Hero has talking caller ID alert? This feature has spoiled me from previous LG phones, since I drive a lot and don't have chance to look to see who's calling me. If it has this feature I will definitely get it.

No i dea yet! to soon to ask lol
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

dmchance no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm convinced. Saw the video and the Hero is going to be my next device. It appears to me that it can do everything that the Tour can do, and a whole lot more. Time to move on to greener pastures. And besides, if it doesn't work out, I can always reactivate my berry!
    BlackBerry8130/4.5.0.56 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/179

I'm convinced. Saw the video and the Hero is going to be my next device. It appears to me that it can do everything that the Tour can do, and a whole lot more. Time to move on to greener pastures. And besides, if it doesn't work out, I can always reactivate my good ole berry!

You talking about the sense video?
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

I watched several on the website. Looks like definately something I would get divorced over from playing with it more than the wife! LOL

Yes I am talking about both the Tour and the Hero. Doesn't mean my info is true. I just heard both were coming out that day. Also, any idea why tethering isn't working anymore?

tethering..not sure..depends on area. The Tour has no official date...and the hero will start preorder on oct 5th i believe maybe 2nd...but release date isnt til nov 5th...thats official.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

dm....tell me you saw the video titled Sence...
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Well if there is no date for the tour then I might as well get the Curve. I've had the 8830 way too long. It was my hope the Hero and the Tour would come out at the same time so I could compare the two. I know the curve and its way better than the 8830 and I need the memory for work and I need the GPS.

Why wouldn't you wait on tour? Oh I will say it will be out before dec..def as of the last word said...before dec. I wouldn't reccomend jumping into the curve especially for gps. Hasn't proven to be reliable...I compared curve to my tour..tour 10/10..curve half that. The hero will be more fun than bb will ever be though. Comparing ? to hero is like comparaing a dog to a....cow...both are good but one better for everyday living. Hero is dog lol ...silly analogy but gets the point across. Lol

BlackBerry9970/7.6.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/294
    Last edited by pmarshall; 09-28-2009 at 08:52 PM.

Ethan1006 no está en línea Stack level 3
    more like applies and oranges but yeah. gets the point accros. the hero is going to be great. i was sold on the tour till i see how open android is and how htc's sence is going to push the limits so far on android. i agree with marshall on waiting for the tour also if it comes to gps. so far all bb's with 4.6 or later have great use of the gps but anything lower has problems finding satelites. sence on android tho is going to pretty much live your life for you as far as doing the work to keep you up to date pull the use of the second core prosesser to run sence, it'll run so smooth and clean. i can't wait and desided to drop my bb for the hero. sorry bb buds but i got to try something new and will keep my bb if i ever feel the need to go back to it.

Thanks Pmarshall and Ethan1006. Basically I am impatient. Lol! Will the Hero be as work productive as the blackberries are? Multiple emails, writing word documents, powerpoints, etc? Thanks Ethan for the gps explanation! Facebook and twitter are not that big of a seeling point for me but surfing the net and being productive are. It just seems the Hero is more fun and the Tour is more business. I'll just be patient and wait at least for the Hero. I have read posts on crackberry and android sites that say great things and horrible things about both. It seems trying them both is the best answer. I just don't want to get the Hero and realize the Tour is better for me and I wont be able to upgrade without paying full price. But your analogies have helped tremendously! Now, why has tethering stopped working after a year of use?

TheScantronman no está en línea Stack level 2
    $99 after rebate is cheap for the Hero. But alas, I'm not eligible for upgrade until May.