Page 33 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

I'm think I too am like everyone else. I was due for an upgrade in ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

dmchance no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

I'm think I too am like everyone else. I was due for an upgrade in April, but chose to hold out a little bit to see what the latest and greatest would be. I am glad I did. Now I must decide which device is the best for me personally. Looks like it will be a tough decision, but a fun one to make. I am constantly doing research on both the Tour and Hero. Both have strengths and weaknesses. To me, it is going to boil down to which one feels better and is easier for me to use.
    BlackBerry8130/4.5.0.56 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/179

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Well that is a good way to compare devices, but the fact still stands that you've been using a bb this whole time. So in theory and my experience the blackberry will be the easier device for you to use. Until you have a chance to actually sit down with a device for a few hours you can't say which is easier. By my experience with the HTC Touch, I say the bb is easier. But see there's also a bias towards bb because I've only used bb's. I sat down with Ethans HTC and it was easy to navigate once I got used to it. But I can sit down with any bb and go to town because of my device history.
    BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.122 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

TheScantronman no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by getsugatensho View Post
    Well that is a good way to compare devices, but the fact still stands that you've been using a bb this whole time. So in theory and my experience the blackberry will be the easier device for you to use. Until you have a chance to actually sit down with a device for a few hours you can't say which is easier. By my experience with the HTC Touch, I say the bb is easier. But see there's also a bias towards bb because I've only used bb's. I sat down with Ethans HTC and it was easy to navigate once I got used to it. But I can sit down with any bb and go to town because of my device history.
    BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.122 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

You can't really compare that crappy HTC Touch or even the Touch Diamond w/ the Hero.

Different OS (Android vs Win Mobile)
    Different touch tech (capacitive vs resistive)

The closest thing you could probably play with to see how you'd like it is the MyTouch from T-Mobile. It's a similar size and is also an HTC set that runs Android. The specs aren't the same and the Hero has the Sense UI skin for Android, but I can't imagine it being that hard to figure out. I plan on checking out a demo unit in-store whenever they arrive so I can get an idea of what to expect. Sadly I can't upgrade until May but maybe by then it will be cheaper.

pound24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hey i was wondering will csouth be geting the new blackberry storm 2? i wasn't really interested in a touch screen after the bad experience with the htc diamond but would be willing to give a touch screen bb a try. i read that its supposed to be better than the 1st storm. Any info?

i have been using m.youtube for some time now and this morning it stop working. i watched a video last night but today nothing. could it be just cellular south because my friends work they are on att. Any info?

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Yeh...no storm 2...VZW exclusive still. Dont use m.youtube...just youtube.comwill work. Scantron...you said maybe it will be cheaper in may..you mean the Hero?? if so..what price do you think it be...cuz it cant really get much cheaper than what it will be on the launch date..i bet youll be pleasently surprised. Scantron hit it pretty close to the head of the nail on the comparrison of the hero and mytouch(magic) from tmo...besides one HUGE difference...HTC Sence UI...Hero is the first and rightnow only US version of Android with Sence UI. Wanna know what it is then go to htc.com/hero and clilck on the Sence vid on the left hand side about halfway down the screen..amazing.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Quote Originally Posted by gnohra View Post
    Ethan yeah it's the speed/accuracy of the keyboard on-screen that will matter to me.. I'm definitely interested in devices other than the bb, but have found that I've gotten really good at typing on it (the bb) and don't want to give up that..

I found the speed and accuracy on the Hero to be VERY good..ill pick it over my storm and Iphone ANY DAY!!!
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

hey tried youtube.com and i get the same thing. it will not even bring up the media player it just does nothing. i have a blackberry 8330 running v4.5.0.169

Have you gone through the browser and set the settings correctly? Every box should be checked except allow java script pop ups. try that...
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

TheScantronman no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    Yeh...no storm 2...VZW exclusive still. Dont use m.youtube...just youtube.comwill work. Scantron...you said maybe it will be cheaper in may..you mean the Hero?? if so..what price do you think it be...cuz it cant really get much cheaper than what it will be on the launch date..i bet youll be pleasently surprised. Scantron hit it pretty close to the head of the nail on the comparrison of the hero and mytouch(magic) from tmo...besides one HUGE difference...HTC Sence UI...Hero is the first and rightnow only US version of Android with Sence UI. Wanna know what it is then go to htc.com/hero and clilck on the Sence vid on the left hand side about halfway down the screen..amazing.

Well I just know that it's going for $180 when it drops to Sprint next month. And if previous new phone releases are any indication, it seems new Cell South phones are pretty pricey when first released and then either gradually or pretty quickly plummet in price.

The HTC Touch Pro was like $299 on a 2 year contract when it launched a few months back (which is insane for a phone that's close to 2 years old) and now it's $99. The Touch Diamond was like $199 and I think it's down to a hundred bucks as well. That Samsung Finesse is $199 and it's just a decent feature phone.

So I'd probably expect the Hero to debut @ $199 or maybe even as low as $149 if it's heavily subsidized. That 5MP camera and capacitive screen are the two flashy draws from a hardware perspective so it's hard for me to anticipate it being super cheap. But again, I'm not eligible for an upgrade until May anyway, so if I tried to get it in November I'd have to pay an outlandish cost regardless.

Hows this..launch date will be $99 after mail in rebate!...pretty nice right.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

tried it and i got the same result like i said it was working fine up until sat morning

that the only website giving you issues?
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

rod1906 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Does anyone know, whether or not the HTC Hero has talking caller ID alert? This feature has spoiled me from previous LG phones, since I drive a lot and don't have chance to look to see who's calling me. If it has this feature I will definitely get it.

yep only youtube